Small things that annoy you ?

TheLightning Lord

Jaime and Tyrion "fight" during the escape from King's Landing.

"That girl who for some reason married you wasn't a whore"

"Well I did kill your son, so THERE!"

seemed like a plot device contrived purely to drive a (unnecessary) wedge between the two brothers. I don't expect it to go anywhere, as in Tysha ever returning, as it's done it job plot wise.

I was happy the show didn't bother with it.

seemed like a plot device contrived purely to drive a (unnecessary) wedge between the two brothers. I don't expect it to go anywhere, as in Tysha ever returning, as it's done it job plot wise.

Y'know, that bugged me too.

All those obfuscating q's and z's for the names of the Slaver's Bay inhabitants.

Skahaz mo Kandaq

Hizdahr zo Loraq

and of course... Yezzan zo Qaggaz

I half expect TWOW to describe how Barristan ends up in single combat against the newest Yunkish commander "Zaqqaz zo Quizzaq" or some other nonsense.

Yeah, this too. Half of the time I have no bloody idea who the characters are because they all are called the same.

All those obfuscating q's and z's for the names of the Slaver's Bay inhabitants.

Skahaz mo Kandaq

Hizdahr zo Loraq

I half expect TWOW to describe how Barristan ends up in single combat against the newest Yunkish commander "Zaqqaz zo Quizzaq" or some other nonsense.

Yeah, this too. Half of the time I have no bloody idea who the characters are because they all are called the same.

Same

Skahaz mo Kandaq

Hizdahr zo Loraq

All hail Yazzyazz no Quizno's!

Nevermind. No Quizno's sounds like a horrible thing. :(

I know someone who actually fucked the series off because of all them names in mereen.she told me at a family party.she said ''All them names just fucked my head up I didn't know whether I was coming or going" this same girl was reading agot in the hospital when her child was sick and the nurse came in to comfort her because she was crying, thinking that she was upset about her kid.But the truth is she'd just read of Ned's execution n was distraught about it.

Point being she was obviously into the series but had her very own mereenese knot that she couldn't deal with

Usually I'm happy to let the books and show stand apart but in thus instance I agree. I prefer the change. I think I could have handled Jamie's confession but I hated it that Tyrion lied to hurt him. It seemed. . . inconsistent with his character. Maybe it was supposed to illustrate how his experiences have changed him but. . . Uhg. It made me so upset.

I get annoyed when people pressure GRRM to hurry up and finish. DON'T DO IT, GEORGE!! Take your sweet, sweet time. Take a vacation, do whatever you need, just please don't rush it.

About Cersei's body...

Jaime doesn't mind. Really, he has seen the marks, the saggy breasts, everything. He doesn't care. Why would he? She's very much his wife. Mostly women get those things after babies and hubbies/bf/mates don't really care at all. :dunno:

Of course, Cersei matters what other feel.

Yes, I think Cersei's "ugliness" is supposed to be symbolic for her downfall in every other way as well, and her loss of power. Her power was always in her beauty, and now they're showing her lose that, therefore she's losing her power as well. Of course, the walk of shame itself is an undeniably misogynistic punishment, but I'll take it over what Kettleblack got any day.

Skahaz mo Kandaq

Hizdahr zo Loraq

I actually like the Ghiscari names, they are fun to say in a growling middle easternish voice. The only one that pisses me off is Rhaezn. It is near impossible to pronounce and even if you do somehow find a way it sounds to much like raisin, I think GRRM should have thought he name Rhaezn through more.

I don't think we need to get any more details on needlework unless its Arya's. This book is not about knitting and embroidery. They spend enough time on it while Septa Mordane is still alive and that shows it was a part of their lives. Things have changed. There are wars going on and has Winter has come! Perhaps they're wearing their knitting now. Someone told me in a recent post that GRRM doesn't write any filler. Well, if the story ends up being finished with a fashion show and a home crafting bizaare, I will be severely disappointed.

I am not reading the books for high fashion, knitting, embroidery or recipes or an education on the finest vintages from the Arbor.

I cannot stand that every flea in Westeros has to be mentioned. Why do we need to know every time Tyrion has a leg cramp? Doesn't Penny have them too?

I actually like the Ghiscari names, they are fun to say in a growling middle easternish voice. The only one that pisses me off is Rhaezn. It is near impossible to pronounce and even if you do somehow find a way it sounds to much like raisin, I think GRRM should have thought he name Rhaezn through more.

Sorta like Aenys Frey? :D

Every time I read that name, I just imagine a butthole with a tear in it. It's pretty upsetting.

Daenarys sitting on her ass for almost the entirety of her chapters in ADwD, indecisively doing nothing. Jon Connington. The constant stream of hard to remember new minor characters in the later Sansa chapters. As noted before by others, the gibberish indentikit names of all the Gradditz no Quiddatz and Loraq ni Haddrazz type characters in Meereen.

Archived