A thought I've had regarding Jeyne Westerling

James Steller

Suppose that Blackfish does rescue Jeyne and Edmure from their captors, somehow.

We've been given foreshadowing that Jaime regards Jeyne to be a very dangerous threat. He forbids her to marry for two years to ensure that no baby she has can be passed off as Robb's. Now we've been told that her mother ensured she never got pregnant, and I'll buy that.

We've also been told how of all Ned Stark's children, only Jon and Arya have Stark features. The others all take after their Tully ancestry. And finally, it's been well established that Brynden Tully long resisted marriage, enough to break ties with his brother about it.

So my thought is that Brynden will see Jeyne as a hope for the Stark cause, and himself as Robb's closest living relative besides Edmure (he presumably knows nothing of Bran, Rickon, or Arya's situations, and Sansa doesn't count, as I'm about to explain).

What if he were to persuade Jeyne that he, being a Tully, must impregnate her so that a child she has which looks like a Tully can be passed off as Robb's son. It ties in with the fAegon story as a parallel situation, as GRRM has done on several occasions before. And it makes a bizarre sense for both Jeyne and Brynden based on what we know about them.

I could be reaching desperately, but I felt the thought was worth writing down at least.

Creepy and wrong on so many levels. I get it, we've been waiting forever for TWOW, but come on, brah. There is NOTHING in the books, evidentiary or situationally, that would indicate the Blackfish could or would do something so ridiculous.

I don't think he would do it. He's a proud man and it's extremely dishonourable. Furthermore, there's not that much time left in the books for Robb's fake child to be that relevant and considering we already have Sansa and Rickon probably claiming Wintefell I think it would just muddy the waters.

I don't think he would do it. He's a proud man and it's extremely dishonourable. Furthermore, there's not that much time left in the books for Robb's fake child to be that relevant and considering we already have Sansa and Rickon probably claiming Wintefell I think it would just muddy the waters.

Yeah, fair enough.

Yeah, fair enough.

Any theory on Jeyne's future role is welcome though. For the life of me I can't figure out what she will be doing in the next book. After AFFC I thought she would just get hidden away in the Westerlands but according to GRRM she will be in the Winds prologue. She's one of the few characters who I don't feel comfortable predicting what they will be doing in the next book at all.

Renly was gay too, but he still married a woman with the intention of starting a dynasty.

Yes, which is probably why Hoster was double pissed at him for not marrying.

Blackfish seems too honorable and true to himself to subject himself and a woman to a sham marriage.

Any theory on Jeyne's future role is welcome though. For the life of me I can't figure out what she will be doing in the next book. After AFFC I thought she would just get hidden away in the Westerlands but according to GRRM she will be in the Winds prologue she's one of the few characters who I don't feel comfortable predicting their role.

I think she's just going to get killed off in the prologue in the midst of something big going down.

I dont like comparing them but the fact that in the show they changed that character completely and then killed her is confirmation that Jeyne is not important to the story anymore because the end games of the books and show will be the same.

It's Chekhov's Obscure Relative. One does not make Jeyne the great-granddaughter of Maggy the Frog if it isn't going to play a part in the story

And as Professor Trelawney once said about prophetic powers, "These things often skip - er - three generations"

So I'm expecting Jeyne to start WoW with a kickass prophecy, preferably pertaining Sybelle's (which, I just realized, speaking of Trelawney, sounds a lot like "sibyl". I wonder what's up with that) gruesome end

Creepy and wrong on so many levels. I get it, we've been waiting forever for TWOW, but come on, brah. There is NOTHING in the books, evidentiary or situationally, that would indicate the Blackfish could or would do something so ridiculous.

Brah?

Welcome back E-Ro! :rofl:

I would imagine that a possible POV for Casterly Rock is Jeyne Westerling Stark. A dying Jeyne Westerling Stark.

I dont like comparing them but the fact that in the show they changed that character completely and then killed her is confirmation that Jeyne is not important to the story anymore because the end games of the books and show will be the same.

Will they? Has that been confirmed? I mean no Euron, Victarion or Aegon is quite a big difference

I have always thought it is quite possible that Jeyne is already pregnant by the end of book 4. I was disappointed for quite a while when the show killed off its version of her but GRRM has since specifically mentioned that there is more of Jeyne to come. I'm now not at all concerned that this is a spoiler saying she isn't important.

If the father is the Blackfish it could well have been her idea, I think she is devastated by what her family has done and would be willing to get slightly crazy in an attempt to fix things. I'm also not completely sold by the contraception method/explanation either, it's hardly bulletproof.

It just doesn't seem logical to me that 400 Lannisters could be overpowered by any force around, especially when you consider that they took off on horseback from Riverrun. The Golden Toothe would not be a long ride, there would be little time to set up an ambush before they are safely in the Westerlands. I think the suggestion that Jeyne will make a prophesy before watching her and Edmure killed is a good one. Imo BF never left Riverrun, he is hiding as the Conningtons were hiding in a hidden room only someone who was told about it would find.

Archived