Will Dany be pissed at Barristan the Bold?

Mythrel

When Dany returns from her little vacation with Drogon and the latest Dothraki crew and finds that Selmy has overthrown her husband and rattled the peace she worked to make will she be upset with him, and how much? Assuming that the accusation he made against hizdahr won't ever be proven, I don't think she'll be very happy about it. Belwas survived, she survived. It very well could have been the Brazen beasts who set the whole thing up. Even if it's true, I feel she'd still be upset about him making the drastic move without her consent. Could she consider Barristan another betrayal? Do you think he was justified?

One point I wasn't sure on is whether or not his actions put Daario in danger. If it does, then thats another emotional trigger for Dany.

My memory is a little hazy here, did she name him hand or does he just take up those duties on his own?

He does it on his own.

There's a lot in his POV about him deciding to take control, about him hating "the game" but now being a player himself for the first time

The point of having a commander or a general under you is so that they can make decisions, that can go as planned or sideways in an instant; without you if need be. At least Selmy made a choice and now has a direction and end game. That is far better than having an incident where lives are going to be lost, but it is amplified by lack of leadership or direction. That is what happened. A lack of inaction at this moment, whould have made things, far worse. I think Dany is more than capable of understanding this and will not be "pissed."

I think Dany will come back changed in a way her main goal is not peace anymore, but "fire and blood" and accepting her 'monster' side. So, she'll not be pissed, on the contrary, she'll be happy about it.

This.

If she returns to Meereen (big if), it will be with Fire and Blood. No more compromising with slaver scum. She'll be fine with Barristan's actions.

The point of having a commander or a general under you is so that they can make decisions, that can go as planned or sideways in an instant; without you if need be. At least Selmy made a choice and now has a direction and end game. That is far better than having an incident where lives are going to be lost, but it is amplified by lack of leadership or direction. That is what happened. A lack of inaction at this moment, whould have made things, far worse. I think Dany is more than capable of understanding this and will not be "pissed."

I agree, and I actually think Barry did the right thing. Volantis was coming to Meereen with their full strength, and the peace with Yunkaii was obviously fragile.

The position that Barristan finds himself in with Dany gone reminds me a little of Ned in KL. Like Eddard, he doesn't like to play the game. I hope he doesn't die. At least not too soon.

Although, unlike Ned, he actually seized the king in the kingbreaker chapter. That was so badass.

I think Dany will be pleased with him if she comes back.

When Dany returns from her little vacation with Drogon and the latest Dothraki crew and finds that Selmy has overthrown her husband and rattled the peace she worked to make will she be upset with him, and how much? Assuming that the accusation he made against hizdahr won't ever be proven, I don't think she'll be very happy about it. Belwas survived, she survived. It very well could have been the Brazen beasts who set the whole thing up. Even if it's true, I feel she'd still be upset about him making the drastic move without her consent. Could she consider Barristan another betrayal? Do you think he was justified?

One point I wasn't sure on is whether or not his actions put Daario in danger. If it does, then thats another emotional trigger for Dany.

Well since she was ready to "Fire & Blood" it up by the time she met up with that Khalassar, I think she will be glad things already got started on that front so she can get out of Meereen ASAP. No need to wrap things up.

Hmm, well if she ups and does away with Ser Grandfather, it might make a few people wake up and smell the coffee, at least.

But I don't think she'll have a problem with it, as has been said she has abandoned the idea of peace, and is going wholesale "fire and blood" mode soon enough. Why people seem to think this makes her a good person continually makes me :dunno: , but there you go.

It's clear that the a large part of the Slaver Coalition was not sincere in wanting peace (although Hizdahr probably was content with the peace that had been agreed).

So, I think Dany will be quite pleased. Barristan really acted pretty competently once he had responsibility thrust on his shoulders.

Hmm, well if she ups and does away with Ser Grandfather, it might make a few people wake up and smell the coffee, at least.

But I don't think she'll have a problem with it, as has been said she has abandoned the idea of peace, and is going wholesale "fire and blood" mode soon enough. Why people seem to think this makes her a good person continually makes me :dunno: , but there you go.

I agree, she will not mind breaking the peace. Besides, there are some new players in the game as well, Victarion and Tyrion and two lose dragons. There will be other stuff to deal with.

Hizdahr is not killed, he is alive and waiting to be judged by Dany, so nothing too seriously done there. But he has to go, to ne honest I hope he gets kolled before she gets there, I would hate it to see her kill someone innocent?

About Daario, there is a plan to save him ... We don't know yet how that is goung to work out.

Dany left town, and the next highest command was a proven warrior. He solved the problem the way he was most capable of doing. Had he tried to out smart his enemies, things may have been a lot worse when she gets back.

Also, it was inevitable. But Barry took responsibility himself, and so the reprocusions technically aren't on dany head. Obviously she will have to deal with it, but if people are unhappy, she can say "sorry, it was Barry not me". It's like how Tywin uses men like clegane and loch to rape and pillage, that way Tywin can just say it was there idea.

Whether she's mad or not, she will forgive Barristan. If he's still alive (I hope), she will probably just deal with the situation, then they will take off for westeros.

Bringing fire and blood to a bunch of slaver scum making people happy shouldn't be that hard to understand. YMMV

Bringing fire and blood to a bunch of slaver scum making people happy shouldn't be that hard to understand. YMMV

Well aside from the fact that this involves killing 1,000s, if not 10,000s of people it is the end of her ability to compromise and attempt to build a peace, important attributes for any potential monarch. Also "fire and blood" is just violent rhetoric, doesn't actually help anyone much.

Archived