Is there a Frey who is not a complete dick?

Pilusmagnus

You asked whether there were any Frey that were not a complete dick. If the question was if there were good persons, the list, from what we know, would be pretty short. As the question stands:

Perwyn, Olyvar, Big Walder, Merrett, Amerei (I do not count debauchery as dickishness), Roslin (she is not innocent, but has since RW embraced her Tully identity), Alesander. And these are just the ones we know, I'm sure there are lots of decent or could-be-decents among the Freys. Lady Stoneheart is not a good character.

What Tully identity? She is not innocent. Well, we can argue that she was unwilling participant but there is no proof to argue either way.

What Tully identity? She is not innocent. Well, we can argue that she was unwilling participant but there is no proof to argue either way.

Maybe embracing Tully identity is a bit of an overstatement. What I was thinking of was the statement that she hopes her child will have the gender that will ensure Edmure's survival. It implies she cares about Edmure. I did write that she wasn't innocent. She knew about the RW, and didn't do anything to stop it. I do think she loves Edmure though, and that she is far from the likes of Walder, Lothar etc.

Terrible logic OP...

These are the most dickish Freys.

Lord Walder Frey
Black Walder
Ser Lothar Frey
Ser Danwell Frey
Ser Ryman Frey
Ser Hosteen Frey
Ser Whalen Frey
Ser Raymun Frey

I don't imagine the 11 year old Elmar is too evil. I'd say there are more decent Frey's then bad ones.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/125655-how-many-freys-deserve-to-die/

Walda-I doubt she knew

Roslin-he has guilt for what happen at the wedding

Perwyn and Olyvar were decent and I think the reason Walder sent those two away because they would of told Robb about the trap.

Stevron was decent

Ryger Rivers told off Walder for not being nice to Cat.

Only three of them actually, mentioned above.

There were Freys in the Vale, Westerlands and across the Narrow Sea who probably weren't involved either. The women and children probably weren't and many of the adukt men probably just did nothing (all I did was drink). It would be like condemning Ned fpr keeping his job as Hand when Robert sent assassins after Dany.

I like Cersei “Little Bee” Frey. She’s my favourite.

In-universe, Roslin is considered to have approximately zero agency in the whole thing. She may as well be an inanimate incubator for all the consideration her feelings or opinions are cared about. It’s slightly disturbing.

In the books there are 141 people named Frey, some of them are their husbands and wives. How on GRRTH those 5-10 Freys that we know that they are d***s can define all the others?

Are all the Starks cold, harsh and cruel?

Are all the Targs insane?

Are all Martells hot blooded and dangerous?

"Its not a matter of dicks, their name is Frey and the rabble will not rest until they are decorating every tree from Riverrun to Winterfell, mayhaps it is for the best. Dicks do not enter into it, for all those complicit in the Red Wedding and the murders, for such crimes there must be justice, starting with Lord Walder and his brood, but only starting, we mean to scour the North and Riverlands clean, Freys and Boltons both."

Of course there are, its a big family, all those that died pre-RW, all those removed for not taking part or perhaps didnt know, less sympathy for those that were cowed into it like Roslin but it falls to them to redeem the family name.

Terrible logic OP...

These are the most dickish Freys.

Lord Walder Frey

Black Walder

Ser Lothar Frey

Ser Danwell Frey

Ser Ryman Frey

Ser Hosteen Frey

Ser Whalen Frey

Ser Raymun Frey

I don't imagine the 11 year old Elmar is too evil. I'd say there are more decent Frey's then bad ones.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/125655-how-many-freys-deserve-to-die/

Did Hosteen actually do anything dick-ish other than side with his family against Manderly and Stannis?

Archived