Drive from London to NYC in a car

zelticgar

I would totally do that if it were built in my lifetime.

On a seperate note, compare the fox news article to others written on the same topic. fox news is practically creaming in their pants over the connection this project has with their man, vlad putin.

agreed. I need to go to Alaska anyway. This would be a good excuse. When I think about traveling for some reason I would feel fine driving my car to a place like Siberia but I would never consider flying there.

The other cool thing about this highway would be races that would occur to see who could complete it in the fastest time. And the first person to ride their bicycle from London to NY would be my hero!

When we saw this article the other night it sent my wife into a flurry of trying to determine the best way to traverse the Bering Straight...which in turn led to investigating the length of the Chunnel...she was ready to drive the thing tomorrow.

It still won't change the fact that I'll need visa to be allowed to ride into the US.

That's right. And don't forget the tolls across the whole stretch of road. I guess the tolls and gas cost would make it more cost effective to fly but driving would be so much cooler. I keep looking at that map and thinking how cool it would be to drive across Siberia in the winter. They could have Gulag themed tourist traps along the route - billboards stating 250 miles until you hit west of the Gulag!

That's right. And don't forget the tolls across the whole stretch of road. I guess the tolls and gas cost would make it more cost effective to fly but driving would be so much cooler. I keep looking at that map and thinking how cool it would be to drive across Siberia in the winter. They could have Gulag themed tourist traps along the route - billboards stating 250 miles until you hit west of the Gulag!

At first I would have to get driving licence. At what age can you get it in the US ( for a car ) ?

At first I would have to get driving licence. At what age can you get it in the US ( for a car ) ?

I think it depends on state. You'd probably need to look into the rules and regulations for an international driver's license, especially considering you'd be going through several more countries than just the US.

I think it depends on state. You'd probably need to look into the rules and regulations for an international driver's license, especially considering you'd be going through several more countries than just the US.

I think that International DL can be given to you when you're over 18...

I think that International DL can be given to you when you're over 18...

I would think below 18 you'd need some sort of serious parental consent forms anyway when it comes to crossing borders.

In any case, there is no way at all this superhighway would be complete before you turn 18 in four years even if they started working on it tomorrow. At the earliest, maybe when you're 30.

Archived