Fat Walda's future?

Seaworth'sShipmate

We know that Fat Walda is now the loving wife of Roose Bolton. Will she be treated better at the Dreadfort than she was at the twins?

It seems she is treated well by Roose, who has stated he is "quite fond of her". Even Ramsay is respectful to her: He kisses her hand and says " A pleasure, mother!" upon being introduced.

Could it be that she will blossom into some bold strong, capable woman as Roose Bolton's wife? Is the Dreadfort more conducive to feminism than the Twins?

Are the Boltons sort of a symbol of the patriarchy gradually buying into feminism, and seeing women not as possessions or inferiors, but as equal contributing members of society?

Are the Boltons sort of a symbol of the patriarchy gradually buying into feminism, and seeing women not as possessions or inferiors, but as equal contributing members of society?

You're asking if a guy that marries a woman, then imprisons her and leaves her starving to the point of self-cannibalization, is a Westerosi feminist?

Perhaps his habit of naming hounds after women that were difficult to kill is somehow progressive?

Jesus, brah.

I'm sure Ramsay's already got a nameless hound ready for her.

Roose himself told Theon that he is 100% certain Ramsay will kill any sons born to Roose & Walda, and when Roose dies Walda is dead. Roose knows this, somehow the OP doesn't. Being nice to her for 2 minutes a day doesn't change who the Boltons are.

She will probably be a cloak in the future.

Hell even if Ramsay doesn't get her first, what kind of treatment can a former-Frey/current-Bolton expect from her husband and fathers enemies?

Plus she can't run fast. She's got no chance.

Roose himself told Theon that he is 100% certain Ramsay will kill any sons born to Roose & Walda, and when Roose dies Walda is dead. Roose knows this, somehow the OP doesn't. Being nice to her for 2 minutes a day doesn't change who the Boltons are.

And Walda is currently pregnant

Roose Bolton entered, pale-eyed and yawning, accompanied by his plump and pregnant wife, Fat Walda. Several lords and captains had preceded him, amongst them Whoresbane Umber, Aenys Frey, and Roger Ryswell. Farther down the table Wyman Manderly sat wolfing down sausages and boiled eggs, whilst old Lord Locke beside him spooned gruel into his toothless mouth.

Feminism? Is this a joke? (I'm sincerely asking).

Ramsay is fake nice to her as, per Roose, the moment her back is turned, he's going to kill her children. I don't see how this is empowering. It also makes me wonder about Roose and his true motivations. He spills a lot of guts to Theon in that one chappie, openly stating that he knows Theon will report back to Ramsay. I wonder if all his "child lords are the bane of any house" is just a front to throw Ramsay off the track. I mean, presumably he's sending Ramsay out in the winter to fight Stannis too. And he can't think that Ramsay will ever be accepted as LP by the other northern lords. Ramsay is completely incapable of hiding his OTT psychopathy. Where I'm heading with this is I wonder if Roose secretly hopes he can get rid of Ramsay and have a new heir once he is out of the way.

There is definitely not an ounce of feminism in House Bolton. Ramsay is faking his courtesy.

I doubt that Roose mistreats Walda, but he also doesn't love or truly respect her. I'm sure that Roose is after a trueborn son -- and once he gets that son, he'll find a way to bump Ramsay off. Roose is fully aware that Ramsay is a sadistic nutcase who doesn't have any talent for governance. He'll doom House Bolton and undermine all their present accomplishments.

Ramsay only became important to Roose after the death of his trueborn son. Leaving Ramsay as the only heir to the Dreadfort.

But he realizes that his true son -- who seems to have been a surprisingly decent guy as Boltons go -- was killed by a twisted, ambitious Ramsay. He didn't dare violate the kinslaying taboo to get revenge. He still won't violate that taboo. But once Roose gets a true son again, I'm sure he'll find some way to get rid of Ramsay.

....It's just a matter of whether or not Ramsay will take him out before that happens. Because Ramsay's smart enough to realize that a trueborn son is a threat.

^ I personally believe Roose will take Ramsay out, and have a tough time seeing him taken out any other way. Theon certainly won't, given his physical and mental state.

Ramsay may be clever, but its clear Roose is smarter than he is. He's aware of the possibility of Ramsay killing him and has likely planned accordingly. Rose also has control of his emotions/impulses more which makes a difference.

Only if Ramsay sneaks up on him do I see Ramsay taking Roose out.

I can see it on Jezebel.com now: Roose and Ramsay the Rapists: Feminist Icons.

:laugh:

I personally believe Roose will take Ramsay out, and have a tough time seeing him taken out any other way.

I don't think he'll do it himself personally. I think he actually believes in that "no one is accursed as the kinslayer" superstition. I do believe him sending him out in the winter to fight Stannis is an attempt to get him out of the way.

In principle a lady should have more autonomy in marriage than in her parents' house. She is now responsible for the household (all expenses, servants and the like that she doesn't delegate to the stewart). A good lady-wife can make all the difference between a successful household and a crumbling one (like the Catelyn-Ned power duo versus Jorah/Lynesse). However, a woman's power legally is derived from what her husband gives her (cringe). And I don't see Bolton seeing Fat Walda as a partner or even a necessity for the wellbeing of his house. He literally only took a third wife to make the Red Wedding happen. Although I don't see Roose as being abusive, cruel or even especially condescending (compared to an abuser like Ramsey), he won't give her anymore power than he has too. So I don't envision a newly empowered Fat Walda taking charge of the Dreadfort, but I don't think she has to be miserable in her marriage either. At least she is apparently deriving some enjoyment from her wifely duties in the bedroom (second cringe).

You're asking if a guy that marries a woman, then imprisons her and leaves her starving to the point of self-cannibalization, is a Westerosi feminist?

Perhaps his habit of naming hounds after women that were difficult to kill is somehow progressive?

Jesus, brah.

I think the implication was not that Lady Hornwood tried to eat her own fingers due to starvation, but that Ramsay flayed her fingers before leaving her locked in her room (classic Ramsay), and she tried to chew her fingers off because of the pain. That said, she did end up starving to death either way.

Jesus, brah.

when Lindsay Lohan is the rational voice of feminist reason the OP has a major problem

Archived