Where are the Lhazareen?

No, I agree with you here. It’s highly suspicious by omission. We also got almost nothing on ancient Vayria itself - a lot more about their victims, and the Targaryens. I definitely think George is keeping some of this a mystery on purpose.

Yes, and I believe Lhazareen are a very important link. The rebirth of dragons happened on their land after all.

Yes, and I believe Lhazareen are a very important link. The rebirth of dragons happened on their land after all.

Where do I look for for that info? First book right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, i never really thought about a link between the Lhazareen and the Valyrians, but I did notice their suspicious absence in the WoIaF, and this does suggest an interesting possible reason. One thing we have been told about Valyrians, is that they had maybe humble beginnings as sheep farmers.... hmmmmm

Apollo, the sun god, was a shepherd. I tend to see Apollo influences in Rhaegar, and also Azor Ahai (warrior of fire). The idea of the Valyrians starting as shepherds may be a nod to this idea.

although it should be noted, Lhazareen look a lot closer to Dothraki than Valyrians, with medium to dusky / copper skin tones.

Hmmm, i never really thought about a link between the Lhazareen and the Valyrians, but I did notice their suspicious absence in the WoIaF, and this does suggest an interesting possible reason. One thing we have been told about Valyrians, is that they had maybe humble beginnings as sheep farmers.... hmmmmm

Much like some farmers at the foot of four hills in Italy...

Indeed. And out of all ethnicities of Planetos, they are just skipped over as were the Valyrians.

Archived