College Basketball - 2015 Tournament - And that's why you play the games!

RedEyedGhost

snipped a bit

Hell, I think I'd rather live in Alabama than Texas.

Hell, I'd rather live in hell than Texas (except Austin, but... city, so it gets included). And well, no offense to any 'Murican Lovin' Texans on the thread, just not my thing. I often wonder what Ricky Rick Barnes woulda done at UK if he'd taken the job before we offered He Who Shall Not Be Named (Gillespie).

ETA: I also visited some friends in Kansas once (Wichita)... it was compatible enough except for finding my way around outside of town. I got lost for a night due to all the 4-way intersections surrounded by corn that all looked the same, as in surrounded by corn and a street sign. I'm one more for landmarks as opposed to street signs, so maybe that's my bad.

How dare you utter that name in this sacred place!

I've watched a lot of Gonzaga over the years, and I feel like this is easily their best team. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. Not even sure Duke would deserve to be favored over them.

I've watched a lot of Gonzaga over the years, and I feel like this is easily their best team. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. Not even sure Duke would deserve to be favored over them.

What!? Who? I know not of what you speak. :leaving:

I have a lot of Spokane-area friends and family connections (ex-wife and Mother-of-Dragons was is from there) We are all routing for a UK-Gonzaga final.

Now I'm conflicted in the Duke v. Utah game. I normally would be hugely rooting for the Pac-12 school to take down Duke, and of course a part of me will be happy if they do, but I want to see the Gonzaga v. Duke matchup like I wanted to see the Wisconsin v. Arizona matchup.

State is still in this thing!

NC state just looks tired since they were up 1 with like 4 minutes to go.... Little Brother is going to win this one. I'm not even sure how... I'd be impressed if I were not required to be otherwise. UofL has been a psychological mess all season, but yet here they are, despite all the drama. It's almost impressive. Almost.

Trisk if you want to pull for Duke it's fine, because I'll be pulling for Utah in your stead. :cool4:

Hell, I'd rather live in hell than Texas (except Austin, but... city, so it gets included). And well, no offense to any 'Murican Lovin' Texans on the thread, just not my thing. I often wonder what Ricky Rick Barnes woulda done at UK if he'd taken the job before we offered He Who Shall Not Be Named (Gillespie).

ETA: I also visited some friends in Kansas once (Wichita)... it was compatible enough except for finding my way around outside of town. I got lost for a night due to all the 4-way intersections surrounded by corn that all looked the same, as in surrounded by corn and a street sign. I'm one more for landmarks as opposed to street signs, so maybe that's my bad.

You should have asked Owen for directions. I spent a decade in Wichita over the course of six months one year. No thanks.

I'm happy Gonzaga won. I can't believe this is only their second trip to the E8. I agree about this being their best team, and the reason is the front court. They've had a few other good frontcourts (Batista and Heytvelt maybe the most notable), but this one has so much talented versatility. And paired with Pangos they're just really solid. I wished I had watched their game against Arizona earlier in the year, because it so hard to judge them as a team when they play in such a weak conference.

I'm happy Gonzaga won. I can't believe this is only their second trip to the E8. I agree about this being their best team, and the reason is the front court. They've had a few other good frontcourts (Batista and Heytvelt maybe the most notable), but this one has so much talented versatility. And paired with Pangos they're just really solid. I wished I had watched their game against Arizona earlier in the year, because it so hard to judge them as a team when they play in such a weak conference.

Yeah, it's weird to think that not only is this Gonzaga's only second trip to the E8, but it's Mark Few's first. That first time with Santagelo and Calvary was Monson's team before he left to Minnesota and left the program to Few.

I think the 2nd best Gonzaga team after this one was either that team with Heytvelt (and your boy Micah Downs) that lost to UNC (they got hammered by UNC, but so did every team that played UNC that year) or the team two years ago with Olynick (sp) that got the 1 seed but was upset by Wichita State. It's embarrassing to go out in the second round, but they did probably get a surprisingly nasty second round game with Wichita.

I agree with you that the bigs are key on this team. The big man from Poland is damn good as is Sabonis, but then you combine that with a really solid veteran PG like Pangos and then a legit great player in Wiltjer and a couple of other nice pieces like Bell and the wing who transfered from USC and you've got a pretty loaded team.

ETA: Completely agree on Pitino. He doesn't just look older. He looks ill. There's a difference there.

I didn't see it live as I was on the other game at the time, but I just saw the replay, and that third foul on Delon Wright was bullshit.

It was, and the commentators were pretty adamant that it was. Definitely a big break for Duke.

MSU-OU is a really good game.

It was, and the commentators were pretty adamant that it was. Definitely a big break for Duke.

I do think fouls should be called much more often in those situation, but they never are, so it pure and utter bull. Another terrible call was Okafor fouled one of the Utah bigs (I'm not going to try and spell either of their names), and he immediately points at Jones who was in the vicinity and Jones gets credited for the foul (it was Jones' first and would have been Okafor's third).

No shit. You could clothe the Night's Watch for a thousand years with just one of those black curtains.

How about of all the Duke fans that purchased tickets to both games, only to show up for the second? So many empty seats right near the court in that Gonzaga game. Pathetic.

America, this is your regular reminder that Rick Barnes did not make the Sweet 16 with Kevin Durant on his team: America, Rick Barnes did not make the Sweet 16 with Kevin Durant on his team.

This has been your regular reminder that Rick Barnes did not make the Sweet 16 with Kevin Durant on his team.

Archived