Westeros Jeopardy: The Play at Home Version

Quoth

On my phone none come up as striken.

(SEAN CONNERY VOICE)

Penis mightier for 200?

"On my phone none come up as striken." Oh! Sorry, didn't realize...

That's the Pen is Mightier... Oh why do I bother... The next available clue in that category is for 600.

and the answer is:

The only surviving copy of this is a fragmentary, anonymous, blood-soaked tome containing information about dragons is supposedly hidden away in a locked vault beneath the Citadel.

IF…THEN 200 400 600 800 1000

Languages 200 400 600 800 1000

Pets 200 400 600 800 1000

Alliteration 200 400 600 800 1000

The Pen is Mightier 200 400 600 800 1000

Sports 200 400 600 800 1000

What is the Death of Dragons?

Correct. We would also have accepted the other title by which it is known: "Blood and Fire". Well done. Please select.

Pets 400 or 800

Alliteration 200

The Pen is Mightier 800 or 1000

Pets for 400. The answer is:

It’s the “name” of Septon Meribald's furry, four legged companion.

Pets 800

Alliteration 200

The Pen is Mightier 800 or 1000

Correct.

Pen for 1000:

The longest titled scroll or book mentioned in ASOIAF, it was read by Sam at Castle Black and authored by this person.

Pets 800

Alliteration 200

The Pen is Mightier 800

I did some Googling to confirm and I don't think there is an answer that meets both criteria. Though one thing for sure is that my response of Barth was wrong.

I've included my explanation as a spoiler, so please don't read it if you intend to guess.

The longest title is almost certainly "The Lineages and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, With Descriptions of Many High Lords and Noble Ladies and Their Children " by Grand Maester Malleon, which has 116 characters in its title. If Quoth intended the one I think he intended, that has only 102. My counts were manual and are plus or minus one. But not enough to make a difference.

I did some Googling to confirm and I don't think there is an answer that meets both criteria. Though one thing for sure is that my response of Barth was wrong.

I've included my explanation as a spoiler, so please don't read it if you intend to guess.

The longest title is almost certainly "The Lineages and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, With Descriptions of Many High Lords and Noble Ladies and Their Children " by Grand Maester Malleon, which has 116 characters in its title. If Quoth intended the one I think he intended, that has only 102. My counts were manual and are plus or minus one. But not enough to make a difference.

We are indeed speaking of two different scrolls or books. The clue originated from a wiki of ice and fire/westeros. org page that I cannot seem to access anymore. Regardless, it appears that the while the long book title you note in your spoiler is indeed longer than the one that forms the basis for the clue, I can't find any evidence in the text that Sam read it at Castle Black. So... :dunno:

This was possibly one of the most obscure clues we came up with. So, let's call it a draw ("Correct" response would have been: "Who is Maester Thomax"?) and move on. :)

Alliteration for 200: The answer is:

"What you say is meaningless"... so to speak.

Correct. And the last clue before Final Jeopardy, Pets for 800:

It's one of two pets capable of flight that have known two different “owners” during the course of the present narrative.

Oops. There's one more Double Jeopardy clue after this one. ;)

Who is Mormont's Raven?

Correct. The other correct response would have been:

What is Drogon (Dany and, very briefly, the Good Masters of Astapor ;) )?

Now the last clue before final jeopardy:

This work by Septon Jorquen gives an account of the nine years Orbert Caswell served as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Archived