Walking Dead Season 5, Vol. 5: The End is Near {No comics spoilers}

MisterOJ

Old thread is way over the limit (in more ways than one) so continue bitching about race and TWD here.

Or... you know, talk about what you think might happen in the season finale. Totally up to you. Just don't post comic book spoilers.

Or... you know, talk about what you think might happen in the season finale.

I feel fairly confident in saying that Gabriel is probably safe from death. Though if Morgan has more than 15 seconds of screen time and/or he joins the group (especially if he joins the group), Gabriel might be a goner.

I feel fairly confident in saying that Gabriel is probably safe from death. Though if Morgan has more than 15 seconds of screen time and/or he joins the group (especially if he joins the group), Gabriel might be a goner.

I've been trying to come up with a way grand conspiracy theory that ties Morgan to the Ws or the dismembered walkers but I just can't get there. He better at least show up this episode, even if only at the very end. They've been dragging his arrival out for far too long.

I've been trying to come up with a way grand conspiracy theory that ties Morgan to the Ws or the dismembered walkers but I just can't get there.

How about...It's not a W it's a M!! Dun dun dun!

I've never understood this complaint. A regular episode of TWD is 42-45 minutes without the commercials. That's standard for most hour-long programs on non-premium cable.

Yea, and a lot of times I'll wait until 15-30 minutes after the show starts in real-time to begin watching it so that I can fast forward through the commercials.

As for what is going to happen in the finale, my guess is that the first half of the episode will deal with the fallout of the Rick / Pete fight and internal conflicts between the two groups in Alexandria. Perhaps we will even see Rick penalized in some way. Then I expect the 'wolves' to materialize necessitating a violent conflict between them and Alexandria which will see the plot move away from focusing on the difficulties Rick & Co. are having adjusting to a more peaceful setting to Rick & Co. doing what they do best, which is kicking ass. There won't be a resolution though. We'll see the beginning of the conflict and probably a couple of deaths, but the show will end with a cliffhanger.

Perhaps the group will be in a dire, hopeless situation but at the end Morgan shows up finally - Rick's Ace in the hole. But I don't think Morgan has anything to do with the W's.

Yea, and a lot of times I'll wait until 15-30 minutes after the show starts in real-time to begin watching it so that I can fast forward through the commercials.

The wife and I usually do the same. The only complaint I have there is that AMC often sticks those little Walking Dead vignettes from episodes past in with the commercials, and that fake out often results in me hitting play.

The wife and I usually do the same. The only complaint I have there is that AMC often sticks those little Walking Dead vignettes from episodes past in with the commercials, and that fake out often results in me hitting play.

:lol: I almost mentioned that. They definitely place some strategic fake-outs in there - and I usually also fall for it.

I've been trying to come up with a way grand conspiracy theory that ties Morgan to the Ws or the dismembered walkers but I just can't get there. He better at least show up this episode, even if only at the very end. They've been dragging his arrival out for far too long.

I do rather like the upside down M theory, though the wolves have been moving well ahead of Morgan. He came upon Gabriel's church at least a couple of weeks after Rick and co left, or around the time they had come upon Noah's community where the wolves had already passed through. I'm hoping Morgan is still on a mission to "clear", only this time it's barbarians rather than zombies.

I'm still wondering if the exiles could be the suspects. One calling card for the wolves is that they burn out the houses they come across. iirc, the houses near the Alexandria fence are burnt husks, but not in the way that the Alexandria community might have been clearing a line of sight. I hope we learn about these exiles and that it doesn't become just a throwaway line.

Yep. The showrunners hate black men, so they have made Morgan dyslexic.

Right, because it couldn't be something logical, like perspective of the person doing the letter carving vs perspective of the person reading the carved letter?

I really hope Morgan does turn up after the teasers earlier in the season. It would be pretty annoying if he didn't.

I would love it if Deanna did kick Rick out but tell the others they can stay. People have been defending Rick but I don't think there is a defence for the way he waved his gun at all those unarmed people. Michonne was absolutely right to slap him round the head.

But I'm sure Rick will be made out to be the good guy after all by the end of the finale. He will get to save the day against the Wolves/a horde of walkers.

Right, because it couldn't be something logical, like perspective of the person doing the letter carving vs perspective of the person reading the carved letter?

Uh... what? That doesn't make any sense at all. You think he's carving the letters while standing on his head or something?

Uh... what? That doesn't make any sense at all. You think he's carving the letters while standing on his head or something?

Or, you know, the carver is doing it from the top of someone's head because that person is being hung upside down from a tree or that person is tied to a table and the carver is standing at the head or any number of things that actually make sense in a way that the carver standing on his own head and somehow reaching up to the head of the person being carved.

Or it's just a bunch of W's.

I've never understood this complaint. A regular episode of TWD is 42-45 minutes without the commercials. That's standard for most hour-long programs on non-premium cable.

I know you are right, but maybe it's just because the show is so intense that seems like there are a lot of commercials. That being said It also seems like a 15 minute show when all is said and done. Last week we paused it so one of the kids could use the bathroom. My eldest son looked at the paused TV and exclaimed "There is only 10 minutes left?!? How?" :lol

I do rather like the upside down M theory, though the wolves have been moving well ahead of Morgan….

… I'm hoping Morgan is still on a mission to "clear", only this time it's barbarians rather than zombies.

To be honest I'd thought of the upside down M theory and dismissed at as too much of a stretch*. Its possible, as there could be a practical reason, like positioning as you say, for the Ms to appear upside down. But I think that any connection to Morgan would have to go through his 'clear' mission, and I can't fit both the Ws aaaand the limbless walkers together in that context. One or the other possibly, but not both. Ultimately though, I think you're right that Morgan should just be too far behind the group to have had much to do with anything in the area.

I hope we learn about these exiles and that it doesn't become just a throwaway line.
I'll be shocked if the exiles don't pop up as a threat. Maybe not necessarily tied to the wolves, as Noah's old community where we saw the graffiti message is a ways away. But I definitely think they are still lurking around Alexandria. For Deanna to have mentioned them, and then for Rick to have made them such a point of concern, i think they pretty much have to make an appearance.

*unless, you know, somehow it isn't, and then I totally called it :P

Archived