Lets be straight forward: What is Sansa's destiny?

Lord Damian

To be mixed in a lot of political events. Regarding the north, the Vale, maybe in the riverlands with Vale armies liberating them (maybe for Aegon or not) but I also believe that Daenerys/Tyrion or maybe Aegon could also play a role with Sansa and Littlefinger. And as with most people mixed in political messes and backstabbing, eventually she will suffer more from it. I think she will probably die not from natural causes but before that she would kill Littlefinger and also help the Starks in the north. I don't think she is destined to stay and live the rest of her life in the north, I see her dying in the south. But she will make a difference.

Obviously this is all speculation.

I think she'll learn from Littlefinger, then bite the hand that trained her. It's her destiny to kill Littlefinger and avenge her father. Especially if she finds out what he did to Ned.

For some reason, I've always thought that Sansa will be the only Stark to return to Winterfell. Maybe because she was the least likely candidate to do so.

(But I frequently forget that Rickon exists)

Have her dreams and hopes crushed and destroyed.

Read ASOIAF?

The most popular choices for Sansa's "controversial chapter" is her rape by the hands of Littlefinger or killing Sweet Robin. I think it's her deciding to have voluntary sex with Littlefinger. So to answer the question: her destiny is to enter adulthood as a player in the game, and eventually become pretty similar to Cersei.

Except she is complete opposite of Cersei.

Queen Regent

Even though there is that Elizabeth I parallel, I am not buying it.

As for whether she will live or die, this Stark is meant to endure. If she was supposed to die all along, she would be dead. I entertain myself with the idea of Sansa taking Harrenhal and ruling Riverlands in her own name.

I think she'll learn from Littlefinger, then bite the hand that trained her. It's her destiny to kill Littlefinger and avenge her father. Especially if she finds out what he did to Ned.

For some reason, I've always thought that Sansa will be the only Stark to return to Winterfell. Maybe because she was the least likely candidate to do so.

(But I frequently forget that Rickon exists)

Sansa: My name is Sansa Stark. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Hmm, I'm not sure about Sansa's fate. Despite the fact that she's lost Lady, there's quite a bit of evidence that "dogs" take a liking to and protect her.

Sandor Clegane, known as "The Hound" protects her and appears to be in love with her. She thinks of him often after leaving KL.

There's also a scene in the chapter after her "escape" from King's Landing, while at The Fingers with Petyr Baelish.

One of the household dogs, a blind dog, takes a liking to her and stays at her side. One get's the feeling

that these "dogs" kind of take Lady's place. The winds at the Eyrie sound to her like a wolf, a ghost wolf. ...

....Even the Tyrells could support her.

"get her a dog etc" - King Robert so that's precisely what happened, the Hound/Sandor replaced Lady

What's more "The Queen will never get this skin" line from Ned with Lady's bones then being returned to Winterfell is symbolic that Sansa escapes her (Cersei + Lannisters) grasp - permanently - and Sansa won't be killed

Lady death and affiliation with Dogs is symbolic of her transition from Winterfell to the Crown/Riverlands

As for the Tyrells, when she comes out of hiding, marry her to Margaery....that usually works for the Tyrells....

She won't kill Sweetrobin

Sweetrobin IMO will end up being powerful on a par with Bran, but a kind of anti-Bran who is opposed to the children of the Forest - he hates the singing and hears it in his dreams but that is off-topic

End of the day, her arc seems to be ultimately focused around Harrenhall

I don't think Sansa will end up as a queen. I think she will end up as a great lady or perhaps she'll end up wealthy and powerful in a more subtle manner.

She isn't going to die. Me and the other members of the Lemon Cake Mafia aren't going to let that happen.

hue.

I actually think shes going to fucking stomp on a lot of things, in a very subtle manner. Sansa will be Littlefinger's downfall. She will stake claim on something. I also feel like shes going to be one of the most formidable forces in the Endgame.

I think she will live.

Somewhere I remember Leaf or Jojen stated eventually magic will die along with Giants, Krackens, Mammoths and the Direwolf which will out last them all but will eventually go too; my thinking is Sansa lost her magic side when Lady was sacrificed and she manage to stay alive and grow I think this growth is on the politics of her society and will be instrumental in bringing back her house and possibly securing peace for the realm ....

Agree - GRRM has talked about the bittersweet ending of the LOTR. What was that? Magic left the world - there was evil magic (Sauron etc.) and not-evil magic (elves, dwarves) that existed together. As long as magic continued to exist, evil-doers would try to take advantage. I think GRRM will "correct" what he sees as the oversimplification of magic simply sailing away by having a more nuanced and personally costly end of magic in his end in ASOIAF. Dany loves her dragons, but increasingly sees that in order for dragons to exist, many must die, so she will sacrifice herself to bring an end to dragons, reducing magic in the world.

But this thread is about Sansa. Grail King's insight that Sansa has learned to survive without the magic in her life (Lady) sets her up to be key to rebuilding the North and helping the realm to a future without magic. At first I was worried about the report of the "controversial" Sansa scene announced for the show - worried because the show is just speeding up and consolidating events that will be fully explored in the books and specifically worried that it would be a rape scene. But that would be inconsistent with Sansa's growing sense of self, leaving the victim Sansa behind. So here what I think will happen...

As far as Sansa knows, all her brothers (except John) are dead. She doesn't know about Robb's will. She considers herself Lady Stark, the Stark in Winterfell, rightful Queen of the North. She is "disguised" as Alayne Stone, but nevertheless thinks about her responsibilities as her father's successor. Those responsibilities include judging and, while she is not in a position to hold public sessions at court, she is able to silently judge people's actions. When she finds herself alone with an advantage over someone who she has condemned to death, she follows her father's example and carries out the execution herself. But she's Sansa - she has no clue about swords or knives or other weapons. So it's a very gruesome and drawn out execution scene. My thinking about who is executed changes - right now I'm thinking Littlefinger. The surprise death of a character who lives on in the books.

What do you think?

Sansa has been exposed to more of the workings of politics in Westeros than most of the adult characters in the books and is still learning about manipulation from Littlefinger. She is destined to be a player and will use what she has learned along with her youth and beauty to great effect among the lords and leaders she deals with. I'd like to see her re-united with other Starks and their allies so that she can add her knowledge of politics to their efforts.

As far as Sansa knows, all her brothers (except John) are dead. She doesn't know about Robb's will. She considers herself Lady Stark, the Stark in Winterfell, rightful Queen of the North.

This is actually wrong. Everyone else considers her the heiress. She was constantly oblivious of that notion. And she most certainly doesn't consider herself Lady of Winterfell or Queen of anything.

This is actually wrong. Everyone else considers her the heiress. She was constantly oblivious of that notion. And she most certainly doesn't consider herself Lady of Winterfell or Queen of anything.

That's right - she is oblivious now. Will she remain that way? Or will there be a gradual acceptance of position and responsibility as she sees the situation in Winterfell?

But to me, the important role Sansa will play is helping the North/the realm survive as she has - without much "help" from magic. The traumatic scene? I like to think it will be another step in her growth, not a return to victimhood.

~~~~snip~~~~

As far as Sansa knows, all her brothers (except John) are dead. She doesn't know about Robb's will. She considers herself Lady Stark, the Stark in Winterfell, rightful Queen of the North. She is "disguised" as Alayne Stone, but nevertheless thinks about her responsibilities as her father's successor. Those responsibilities include judging and, while she is not in a position to hold public sessions at court, she is able to silently judge people's actions. When she finds herself alone with an advantage over someone who she has condemned to death, she follows her father's example and carries out the execution herself. But she's Sansa - she has no clue about swords or knives or other weapons. So it's a very gruesome and drawn out execution scene. My thinking about who is executed changes - right now I'm thinking Littlefinger. The surprise death of a character who lives on in the books.

What do you think?

I don't agree with your last paragraph, but on the other hand, she still has the hairnet. :ack:

I don't think she'll ever be Lady Sansa Stark again. I think she will sacrifice her true identity because in doing so, she will be in a stronger position to help her family.

I think it would be pretty cool if Sansa got hold of LF's money and became a wealthy business lady/financier. Being a noble is great and all, but even in feudal Westeros, it's still probably the case that money talks and bullshit walks.

The most popular choices for Sansa's "controversial chapter" is her rape by the hands of Littlefinger or killing Sweet Robin.

I personally think she will end up being raped by Littlefinger and ultimately exact her revenge on him (Team Littlefinger FYI).

I know that it is quite a "popular" opinion that Littlefinger will rape her but I can't see it happening, at least not now. I know Sansa is his weakness but at this point, if he rapes her, his plans to control the North will tumble to the ground. He needs her to remain virgin until he reveals her true identity and then annul her marriage to Tyrion because it was never consumed. I can't see the always calculating Littlefinger making such a fatal mistake.

Archived