Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, part deux

JonCon's Red Beard

Really? Fuck all that shit.

I mean don't quote me on it, I'm only extrapolating based on what I saw in one episode, but the Season 4 finale really made it look like they were setting up Jon and Davos to be rivals. Davos was giving Jon this nasty look pretty much the whole time and called him "boy" condescendingly. He actually made Stannis' interactions with Jon in that episode seem warm and friendly by comparison. Again I could just be reading into it all too much, but who knows - I'm actually afraid Davos might be one of the characters they end up prematurely killing off this season given serious lack of Davos in promo material, even with the somewhat increased amount of Stannis stuff.

Also, I hate certain person who installed me all these Rhaegar thoughts in my head...

Are you saying you want to kidnap someone, impregnate them and lock them away in a tower?

Yeah I'm with you on this. When they killed off Jojen on the show and everyone was running around like "OMG JOJENPASTE CONFIRMED" I was just like "...wait doesn't that basically just prove Bran doesn't need Jojenpaste?"

The show seems to be setting up Jon and Davos to not like each other very much, or at very least for Davos to have something of a resentment towards Jon, I imagine because Jon is his new "competition" for Stannis' loyalties. I just never found Davos to be so petty in the books - I mean yeah he hated Melisandre in the books but for pretty understandable reasons. Hating Jon just because Stannis pays him more attention is out of character to me.

And of coruse this is 100% a writing problem, not an acting problem. Liam Cunningham ftw.

First point: Yup.

Second point: Ill legit get salty if they do that. I kinda doubt they will if they include some of the Northern stuff. Like Davos and Manderly and going to find Rickon and junk. It would be way too OOC for Davos to be all like that. Especially considering how Jon gives less than a negative fuck about shit like that.

I would totally bang Daemon Targaryen. He was freaking awesome.

Id totally bang like, a lot of Targaryens.

Id totally bang like, a lot of Targaryens.

Ditto. Give me lots and lots of silvercrotch. Or even non-silvercrotch. Baelor Breakspear seemed like a great man and pretty doable imo.

I also think I'm developing a small forumcrush on JCRB. Sorry, JCRB. Stop being so funny and insightful. :P

I see similarities between Don Corleone (The Godfather) and Tywin Lannister, except that the Don loves his children.

I wonder what could happen if Tyrion meets a Sansa who has been mentored by LF? Maybe they become Westeros' power couple. And what would happen if they met Margaery now, will they see through her veneer of civility? I think that Sansa is becoming more realistic about the world while at the same time women are Tyrion's one great weakness.

Speaking of Tyrion I think that in many ways he is just as romantic as Sansa was. He hides it well, but Shae had him absolutely bamboozled. I do feel sympathy for Tyrion, not because he is a dwarf or because he is ugly but because his sole motivation, however he denies it or tries to hide it, is to be loved.

I mean don't quote me on it, I'm only extrapolating based on what I saw in one episode, but the Season 4 finale really made it look like they were setting up Jon and Davos to be rivals. Davos was giving Jon this nasty look pretty much the whole time and called him "boy" condescendingly. He actually made Stannis' interactions with Jon in that episode seem warm and friendly by comparison. Again I could just be reading into it all too much, but who knows - I'm actually afraid Davos might be one of the characters they end up prematurely killing off this season given serious lack of Davos in promo material, even with the somewhat increased amount of Stannis stuff.

Ah, I thought you'd heard reports or something, thank god for that. I just chalked that up to show Davos still feeling like he has to suck up to Stannis. Hope he doesn't die though, him or Stannis.

Also, that crossbow bolt hitting home on Ser Dontos was one of the greatest moments of pure relief I've ever felt. I can handle the evil characters, but Ser Dontos was unbearable.

Confession time: I want Fat Walda to suffer a painful and violent death just because she randomly popped up in the middle of Edmure's bedding and said his dick was probably minnow-sized

That's how much I love Edmure

Confession time: I want Fat Walda to suffer a painful and violent death just because she randomly popped up in the middle of Edmure's bedding and said his dick was probably minnow-sized

That's how much I love Edmure

Dare I ask the fate you wish on Tom o Sevens?

Heh, I'm posting again.

So, some confessions:

1) I'm not really excited for TWOW any more. I'll pre-order it as soon as it's on Amazon, and I'll read it pretty quick once it's out, but to be honest, right now, it's pretty much "meh."

2)Even if anything (you know what) 'spoils' the ending of the books, it's not going to bother me all that much, because I'll still enjoy the journey. Having said that, I'd rather have the books spoiled precisely than imprecisely, which is going to be the thing that I find most irritating in the show.

3)I'm more interested in the fates of the more minor characters among my favourites (Arianne, Meera, Asha, etc.) than I am in the fates of major characters, at the moment.

4) I'm glad to see these threads back again, but I was mostly motivated to post by seeing some old friends in here.

Bonus: The more time passes, the more I love Roose.

I agree with everybody who said Jojenpaste is a silly theory.

Also I really do not care about Fat Walda one way or another.

I also have no idea why I am posting in this part of the forum all of a sudden.

I've not seen the show, I just find the idea of a fat lady called Walda to be sexually arousing. Or maybe just her feet.

That's just your inner chubby chaser expressing himself, don't deny him.

Confession, i shamelessly love Roose, and he is the only one worthy of slaying Stannis in my eyes.

Archived