Where's the Next Video Games Thread?... Oh here it is.

The Anti-Targ

Well I just bought MGS V Ground Zeroes for $8 (US equivalent) in the Easter Sale. I hope it's fun.

I also got Season 2 of The Walking Dead. I liked Season 1 a lot, so I'm glad I didn't have to wait too long for it to come back on sale.

So what does everyone think of the WoW Token thing blizzard is doing? Got to admit I'm excited for the possibility of not having to pay for game time anymore.

I am unaware of this... Do tell.

Pillars of Eternity is taking all my time for now and will continue to for a while. But I like to always have my next several games lined up as well, so with that in mind, has anyone played the first episodes of Life Is Strange? How does to compare to Telltale stuff?

Pillars of Eternity is taking all my time for now and will continue to for a while. But I like to always have my next several games lined up as well, so with that in mind, has anyone played the first episodes of Life Is Strange? How does to compare to Telltale stuff?

I played both episodes of Life is Strange and, for now, I'd give them 9/10, despite some awkward dialogue and bad voice casting choices(Max, the main character, sounds like she's 14 or something(and looks that way), Chloe(blue-haired girl) is just so damn annoying to hear, and Warren(the guy who has a very obvious crush on Max) also sounds annoying, just in a different way than Chloe, and not all the time like Chloe does)). And not one character looks 18-19 as they should look, but 16 at most.

The rewind power, which lets you choose different options(like, at the end of the second episode, you will have to choose between blaming one of three guys for something that happened at the end, and the rewind just gives you the option to change your mind) is really well done. Since those are only the first two episodes, we'll see how much our choices matter later, but it already seems much better done than in Telltale games(played The Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones).

The game is beautiful in an artistic way, especially one scene at the end of the second episode, even though it's nowhere near a game like The Witcher 3 or even 2, but it's a different kind of genre entirely so it's unfair to compare them. The game does, however, look muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than any Telltale game.

The story, the world and all the things you can interact make for a very immersive and interesting setting.

The only thing that I don't like(besides what I already mentioned) is that you can't photograph freely, but only when the game allows you to, which is a shame, since it would be awesome and consistent with Max's character.

So what does everyone think of the WoW Token thing blizzard is doing? Got to admit I'm excited for the possibility of not having to pay for game time anymore.

Now that I'm at my desk, I used my Google Fu to look it up.

All I can say is :stunned:

Wow. They finally have made it legal to buy gold. And I think its a pretty genius way to go about doing it. They ensure that subscriptions are there, and the people buying gold are essentially paying Blizzard for it. Amazing.

I am unaware of this... Do tell.

Basically you buy a $20 token to sell in game for gold and the person who buy it in game get's 30 days of Gametime. Like PLEX in EVE online. Currently the initial price for tokens hasn't been set yet but I'm anticipating a 30-40K gold range. At the very least it should help deal with gold sellers and bots.

More details here.

ETA: My links somewhat more recent. And I would agree with you, this could potentially help with subscriber numbers..

From the previous thread I wanted to apologize to Alex for not using spoilers when talking about Bloodborne. It's just been so long since I've played a game right at launch I kinda forgot what that entails regarding spoilers. So my apologies.

Where are you in Bloodborne? I just beat the first part last night

Cleric Beast and Father G. There's a tomb up next I think, but I haven't entered it yet.

I'm farming the first area a bit before I move on. I'm level 18. Would like to see what level others were/are at after beating the first 2 bosses.

Where are you in Bloodborne? I just beat the first part last night

Cleric Beast and Father G. There's a tomb up next I think, but I haven't entered it yet.

I'm farming the first area a bit before I move on. I'm level 18. Would like to see what level others were/are at after beating the first 2 bosses.

I'm exactly where you are actually. Although I think I just reached level 19. I'll probably farm a bit as well before venturing onwards. I wanna try out some of the different weapons.

BLOODBORNE MINOR EARLY GAME SPOILERS AHEAD!

Beat the Cleric Beast on my second attempt. I couldn't get the headshot thing to work. Kept missing and hitting his shoulders and shit. Dodging around his legs taking my time with it proved effective though. Classic DkS strategy. Just got to Father Whatshisface though and holy shit. He's a cake walk up until he turns, and then it's fucking ridiculous. So fast, constantly leaping at me. I can't even heal myself during that stage of the fight.

Frankly I'm surprised it took them so long.

Gives people an option to play without subscribing and shuts out hackers and gold farmers? I'm 100% for it.

BLOODBORNE MINOR EARLY GAME SPOILERS AHEAD!

Beat the Cleric Beast on my second attempt. I couldn't get the headshot thing to work. Kept missing and hitting his shoulders and shit. Dodging around his legs taking my time with it proved effective though. Classic DkS strategy. Just got to Father Whatshisface though and holy shit. He's a cake walk up until he turns, and then it's fucking ridiculous. So fast, constantly leaping at me. I can't even heal myself during that stage of the fight.

I had the same problem. He was so easy to visceral attack beforw his transformation. After he transforms into a werewolf the best strategy I eventually found was dodging into his attack. Doing that causes him to end up with his back to you, and then you are free to attack. Running away is just too hard because of his quickness. Also if you dodge behind him you have enough time to take a blood vial.

I had the same problem. He was so easy to visceral attack beforw his transformation. After he transforms into a werewolf the best strategy I eventually found was dodging into his attack. Doing that causes him to end up with his back to you, and then you are free to attack. Running away is just too hard because of his quickness. Also if you dodge behind him you have enough time to take a blood vial.

Rolling into him worked pretty well. I always forget to try that for some reason. Rolling into an attack just feels so unnatural :P Got him on my fourth try. Found a top hat. Fuck yes.

I was at Target yesterday with my son and they had a "Buy Two Get One Free" sale on Disney Infinity figures. He decided to pick up Ronan, Yondu, and Donald Duck... (Because that trio makes perfect sense)

On the way home I got to thinking, "Why haven't they done Star Wars yet?" Surely that's the next phase in the cash cow? Either as a 3.0 game release or as another line for this generation.

Also, let me just say that the entire Skylanders/Infinity/WhateverNintendoCallsTheirs thing is genius. Sure, you could just unlock the code for the character in the game, but instead we're going to charge you $13.99 for EACH.AND.EVERY.DAMN.ONE.

But I have a lot of fun playing the game with him. He's only four and a half, so the PS3 controller is a bit big for his hand and the platforming elements are a bit beyond his capability just yet; but we stick to the base defense type games that don't require jumping and he has a lot of fun. Then each of the characters level up and I can scratch my RPG itch! :lol:

It will be a long time before I have any hardware capable of making use of DX12, so it's a bit hard to get excited about it. I'm more anticipating Windows 10 because that means I'll be able to skip Windows 8 for my desktop PC. Though I see some vendors are still offering new PCs with Windows 7. So if I can't resist Pillars and Sword Coast Legends until W10 comes out I will hopefully be able to pick up a new PC pre-loaded with W7. The problem is other than gaming my current PC is absolutely fine, so I really have no justification for buying a new one.

I looked into upgrading my GPU with one my brother has just swapped out, but it would mean a new power supply as well since I need a 400 Watt supply and I only have 300 Watts.

I believe Win 10 is a free upgrade for everyone with Win 7 and 8 so there's really no drawback in buying a new PC with Win 7. I went out of my way to make sure I got Win 7 on my new PC. The good thing about that is there'll be a lot more people with DX12 compatible systems when Win 10 becomes available which hopefully means devs have more incentive to start utilizing DX12 quicker.

From the previous thread I wanted to apologize to Alex for not using spoilers when talking about Bloodborne. It's just been so long since I've played a game right at launch I kinda forgot what that entails regarding spoilers. So my apologies.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! Normally I'm not so bothered it's just that Bloodborne is the sort of game where working stuff out yourself is half the fun! :)

Archived