Duel: Robert & Rhaegar vs Oberyn & Gregor

Alexander Targaryen

Who would win in a team battle between the mortal enemies Robert Baratheon and Rhaegar Targaryen, against the equally mortal enemies Oberyn Martell and Gregor Clegane?

Mindset: In character, but cause of hatred is removed (Lyanna Stark was never kidnapped, Elia Martell was never killed)
Knowledge: Limited
Preparation: None

Starting distance: 20 m

Robert Baratheon is 21, wears heavy steel armor, and is armed with a warhammer, a short sword and a shield.

Rhaegar Targaryen is 24, wears heavy steel armor, and is armed with a longsword and a shield.

-VS-

Oberyn Martell is 41, wears a leather tunic and copper scale armor, and is armed with a poisoned spear, an arming sword, a dagger and a steel shield.

Gregor Clegane is 33, wears heavy steel armor, and is armed with a greatsword and a shield.

Really? Everyone thinks Robert and Rhaegar? I'm a Rhaegar fangirl but I think the Red Viper of Dorne and the Mountain that Rides take this one.

In general maybe, but we're talking about Robert in his prime, and RhaeRhae in his. I think it would have been better actually to have put Oberyn as younger (you know, like he would have been back then). A younger Oberyn would be more impulsive but also faster. The Mountain is an animal. I'd throw Rhaegar against him--only fair since he's the one who knighted him.

In general maybe, but we're talking about Robert in his prime, and RhaeRhae in his. I think it would have been better actually to have put Oberyn as younger (you know, like he would have been back then). A younger Oberyn would be more impulsive but also faster. The Mountain is an animal. I'd throw Rhaegar against him--only fair since he's the one who knighted him.

It would certainly be a close one, but I think it would take Barristan the Bold to put the Mountain down. Obviously Oberyn did as well, but his fighting style is atypical. I think Rhaegar would give him a hard time but he's fast and crazy big and strong. I just think that would end poorly. I think Oberyn can beat Robert as well, though again not easily. The Mountain is just a bigger stronger Robert.

Archived