Could coldhands be the child of the night king and the white walker

tombru

Coldhands is the child of the night king and the other. The reason I say this is that coldhands appears to be unique and is different to every other humanoid in the series and a half human half white walker also appears to bee unique, thus matching them togther.

Coldhands used to be a member of the watch (unless he lies), so he's not the Night's King's son or anything like that. He might be the Night's King himself.

Exactly how "long ago" he was killed is a matter of debate, meaning his identity ranges from the recently-gone-missing (and not confirmed dead) Benjen Stark to someone hundreds or even thousands of years dead.

Coldhands is probably a Stark who served on the wall with the Watch at one time in the far (or near) past.

I believe the Starks have a blood tie to the Others. This may make their transformation to Wights different than normal reanimated dead. They may hold onto more of their consciousness and retain the ability to fight off the mental enslavement to the Others will that normal Wights experience.

Roose Bolton is the son of the Night's King and his Other bride.

It is known.

I hope not...

Bolton is just a cunning power grabber... he saw his opportunity and took it

he is not some secret evil

Thats the whole thing everybody is playing the game of thrones and missing the point... humanity or atleast the 7K is potentially at stake...

care to explain? Dead rangers are simply turned into wights like the ones brought into castle black.

Coldhands Dresses like a ranger, helps a man of the watch with his companion, helps, defends and feeds a Stark and his companions, kills watch deserters and is undead so he is unable to enter the CTOF. cave. He knows the secret of the weirwood door through the wall at the nightfort and knows who the last greenseer is. That is what we know of him. If he is something more, like the OP posits, there is no way of knowing as there is no text to prove it. He is merely a dead ranger until we are told otherwise

Archived