Sample chapters?

Ice's Revenge

Have a source, please? I'd interested in reading this.

Is in one of the latest posts in his not a blog. He says he's cancelling assistance to a few conventions because his priority now is to write tWoW. He's not saying "I won't go because I will finish by then!" but likely implying he needs this time to finish already, as he would be then postponing it for the next year (one of the cons is in nov). He also kinda said he could be able to finish before SDCC but he's not going to promise it and could change his mind, indicating with this, that he's not really that far from finish. I mean, we're in March and SDCC is around late july, IICR.

Is in one of the latest posts in his not a blog. He says he's cancelling assistance to a few conventions because his priority now is to write tWoW. He's not saying "I won't go because I will finish by then!" but likely implying he needs this time to finish already, as he would be then postponing it for the next year (one of the cons is in nov). He also kinda said he could be able to finish before SDCC but he's not going to promise it and could change his mind, indicating with this, that he's not really that far from finish. I mean, we're in March and SDCC is around late july, IICR.

But he has also said, more recently, that he still has "many pages left to write". I would say November is a stretch.

But he has also said, more recently, that he still has "many pages left to write". I would say November is a stretch.

We're March 31. April already. Month 4. November is month 11. That's 7 months for him to write. 8 if he finish December. That's the resaon he's not going to those events. Because, working full time (or whatever full time means for GRRM), he believes he will be able to make it by the end of the year.

Of course, as he said, he can change his time, but he seems quite sure of being able to. 8 months sounds like a reasonable time. He delivers the book by December, and we have it published by March. Not that hard, tbh. But it's completely up to him.

Do you guys think we will see any more sample chapters for TWOW?

I would put it as unlikely, however I could see doing official releases of the chapters he has already read on his website because some of the chapters come from fan audio recordings from readings he has done.

IICR, somewhere I read Martin revealed x number of chapters before Dance, and he has just revealed x-2. So, he *might* give a couple more at some point. But don't really expect that much.

GRRM has confirmed yesterday in the comments on his blog that there are going to be more samples before the release of the book.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/415405.html?thread=20547501#t20547501

All this leads me to believe he will only give us one, maybe two more new sample chapters, but he will almost certainly make some of the other samples we know official

I'd wager it will, though I'm not sure when.

I remember when I first bought ADWD, on my first read I immediately skipped over first 150 or so pages - I remembered their whole content from reading spoiler chapters.

Ya thats why Ive been avoiding the spoiler chapters

Damn! I don't want to read any more spoiler chapters before the big book.

....no....must... resist.... temptation....

Should I tell you Resistance is futile or maybe By now you must know that your fellow GRRM fans can never be turned from the Spoiler Side. So will it be with you :P ?

I have to admit, the longer Sansa stays in the Vale the less annoying she gets. By the new chapter she has learned to use her newfound wits and good looks to her advantage instead of being the little dumb princess she was in King's Landing. Who knows, maybe she will turn into a better version of Cersei (by that I mean beautiful and smart, but less sadistic, evil and paranoid)...

Archived