What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

Complete strangers who feel the right, nay the need, to comment on my weight. Yes, I am skinnier and stronger than I was when I started at the gym. I've been wondering about your opinion on my body, total stranger, so thanks so much for volunteering your thoughts completely unsolicited.

Edited to cross out the 'stronger' part because actually, no one comments on that even though that's the part I'm really proud of. It's all about the weight, even though I wasn't over-weight to start with and I'm not under-weight now, I've just gone down one size in jeans.

I now definitely have a cold: runny nose, sore throat, the works. I also have to read from my book for 20 minutes at Eastercon on Saturday. The minor plus is that if I'm croaking hard due to illness, I won't feel as.selfconscious about my regular speaking voice...really nervous when speaking in public.

Neighbours have been (deliberately) playing music as loud as possible over the past two days. But they did get caught red handed by the council, so I guess that is a plus but still their taste in music offends me, and therefore the world.

Still hoping they'll be out by summer.

I had two separate furniture deliveries today. Different companies (one called STI which wtf). Both delivery men made these long elaborate comments on how I needed a boyfriend so that I have someone to help with all this stuff. Neither got it when I said it probably would make more sense to get a truck so that I had a way to move the stuff myself. Because somehow a man in the house makes everything all better, including magically getting huge deliveries across town and inside my house without any of the inhabitants of the house needing to break a sweat.

There are renovation works going on at the floor above ours, right over my office. :bang:

Plus, some new colleagues seem not to have (or to pretend not to have) the keys to the building and are constantly ringing the bell. I am the one sitting the closest to the door. :bang: :box:

I got a phone call while en route to work this morning, asking me if I received an email (sent late last night) scheduling the meeting for first thing this morning and when will I be at the office.

When I arrived at the office some 10 minutes later it turned out this all important meeting was nothing more than CEO's presentation he intends to give to some investors tomorrow and he needed an audience to practice. :bang:

My legs, arms, ankles, wrists and feet are swollen. I feel gross, look gross, and urgh. Not leaving the house until its gone down. (I've already seen a doctor. That was thankfully before I became as swollen as I am now)

Also, awful tasting phosphate supplements. :ack:

Someone already linked me a picture of Violet Beauregarde though, which I'm sure I'll be laughing at once I stop feeling so annoyed.

For what it's worth, there's the female version of it too aka "This place needs a woman's touch". Society has it against singles I tell you,...

i agree....but at least younger singles get to hear those kind of snarky comments...an old fuck like me gets why am i single...i must be a widower, divorced asshole, i say no never married...then their eyes bug out and now i must be a stalker or for sure the old creepy guy following young girls riding bikes...this actually happened a couple of days ago, but karate Princess set them straight and told them thanks for looking after me but that is my UnkaTripp...the greatest man alive....so sometimes its not so annoying...

i have also been asked if i am gay, i say well i like my bread buttered on both sides, don't you?

i used to say in response to people trying to pigeon hole me - i just love having sex with lots of different women...wow talk about a way to suddenly have the floor (as in every jaw dropping and every eye staring) or be shown the door...very annoying

:smoking:

My legs, arms, ankles, wrists and feet are swollen. I feel gross, look gross, and urgh. Not leaving the house until its gone down. (I've already seen a doctor. That was thankfully before I became as swollen as I am now)

Also, awful tasting phosphate supplements. :ack:

Someone already linked me a picture of Violet Beauregarde though, which I'm sure I'll be laughing at once I stop feeling so annoyed.

feel better... :grouphug:

and beware the juicer :frown5:

:smoking:

The utter lack of any sort of organisational skills possessed by the staff at my college. Seriously, I have no idea how these people got their jobs.

The course I've been doing since September has a work placement requirement. We asked the lecturers & student services if we should arrange it ourselves, to be told 'no, we'll get a better response if it's sent through us & we'll have it all organised in plenty of time'.

Cut forward in time to January & not one phone call has been made, no emails or letters have been sent to potential placement locations. We're still told not to do anything.

Cut forward to today, after 9 weeks of badgering various staff members we get told that they only started asking 3 weeks ago and that none of us would get to a placement in our preferred location - despite them making us fill out forms to say where we were able to travel to & how long we could get to these various places.

Not the best start to my Easter Holidays.

TMI

Cold has developed from the gallons of mucus stage to the feverish chills stage.

I'm too tired to get out of bed for a drink. My husband has gone out to buy me lemons. Did I mention Eastercon in two days (three days till talking)?

Archived