What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

No spiders welcomed in my place, there's this thing called a flyswatter I can use if I ever get a fly infestation.

Trick with houseflies is to clap your hands together about 6 inches directly above them when they're on a horizontal surface. They take off nearly vertically and will go right into your 'palms of death'.

I don't usually mind spiders. I'll scoop them up on a piece of paper and throw them outside. But there ARE some spiders that make my skin crawl.

One time I was unloading some desert yucca trunks (or something like that) from the back of our truck (long story, don't ask) and as I turned, the heel of my sneaker kind of slid a bit. Since I was in a hurry, I didn't pay much attention, but when I came back for another load I looked at where my heel had slid and saw half of something about the size of a baseball but looking like it was some freaky sort of spider-thing. :eek: I still get the chills just thinking about it.

It didn't look quite like a tarantula, which I would have been heartsick if I had killed it, but some alien kind of weirdo.

The great big yellow and black "banana" spiders you see down South freak me out too. I'm too intimidated by them to swat them. I just slowly back away. :leaving:

http://wolfspider.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Banana-Spiders.jpg

ETA: for your viewing pleasure...

I don't usually mind spiders. I'll scoop them up on a piece of paper and throw them outside. But there ARE some spiders that make my skin crawl.

One time I was unloading some desert yucca trunks (or something like that) from the back of our truck (long story, don't ask) and as I turned, the heel of my sneaker kind of slid a bit. Since I was in a hurry, I didn't pay much attention, but when I came back for another load I looked at where my heel had slid and saw half of something about the size of a baseball but looking like it was some freaky sort of spider-thing. :eek: I still get the chills just thinking about it.

It didn't look quite like a tarantula, which I would have been heartsick if I had killed it, but some alien kind of weirdo.

The great big yellow and black "banana" spiders you see down South freak me out too. I'm too intimidated by them to swat them. I just slowly back away. :leaving:

http://wolfspider.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Banana-Spiders.jpg

ETA: for your viewing pleasure...

When I worked at the garden center we used to get all sorts of freaky bugs in with the succulent shipments. Scorpions, spiders, weird centipede things. Those did kind of freak me out because you see all those things about poisonous bites and stuff.

Tears, the black and yellow spiders down south are garden spiders. We have them in the woods all around my house and they get HUGE. They are basically the reason why I quit trail-running. I ran through a bunch of webs one lovely autumn morning, and these webs just happened to have big juicy spiders in them. I crashed through the woods, screaming, spinning around, flailing, and came out at my dad's garden plot. He was out there getting mustard or turnips or something. I flailed and danced all around him screaming, "ARE THERE ANY ON ME?!? LOOK!!!! DO I HAVE THEM ON ME?!?!?!"

He and I were both scarred for life.

I feel bloated but hungry.

I wonder if that was one of Alannis's rejected lines for her "Ironic" song.

"And what it all comes down to... is that my jeans feel a little tight today. And I've got one hand in my pocket, cause I can't get it back out again...isn't it ironic, dontcha think?"

Tears, the black and yellow spiders down south are garden spiders. We have them in the woods all around my house and they get HUGE. They are basically the reason why I quit trail-running. I ran through a bunch of webs one lovely autumn morning, and these webs just happened to have big juicy spiders in them. I crashed through the woods, screaming, spinning around, flailing, and came out at my dad's garden plot. He was out there getting mustard or turnips or something. I flailed and danced all around him screaming, "ARE THERE ANY ON ME?!? LOOK!!!! DO I HAVE THEM ON ME?!?!?!"

He and I were both scarred for life.

:lol:

If any had actually been ON YOU, you would've had to have been nuked from orbit.

Watched the most recent episode of GoT this morning. Fucking gross.

Oddly enough, I think small spiders are cute and large ones are about as disgusting as Ramsey Bolton.

"Cringe" is the word I'd use.

The servers are constantly crashing, I can barely even access this board anymore...

So, what's annoying me today - bloody cowboys who built this house a decade ago.

Re-tiling the kitchen; and the old ones have all come off nicely... except behind the oven splashback - the plaster doesn't seem to be attached to the wall, whilst the tiles have formed an impenetrable seal with the plaster.

I absolutely loathe plastering, and swore I'd never do any again, just a few months ago. Never attempted dot-and-dab plastering either, and not looking forward to that; but I refuse to get a pro in.

Biggest fear is that continuing to remove this shit is just going to damage the plaster behind the surrounding units!

starting my quest to lose weight so i can look hot as tank girl for october's comic con lmao (and also because i really want to lose weight anyway)

Hey wait a second, don't your friends say you look like the Catwoman in that poster which is now your avi ? If so, you're perfect then !

What's annoying me ? Passwords. Nowadays, goddamn passwords require you to include one letter, one number, one sign, one zodiac sign, one letter in mandarin, one colour, your grandmother's maiden name, the first letter of the state you reside in etc. WTF ?

Hey wait a second, don't your friends say you look like the Catwoman in that poster which is now your avi ? If so, you're perfect then !

hahahaha I don't think I do at all, but one of my friends had a flat mate who bought the canvas of this picture and she said the first thought she had was that I looked exactly like the cat woman though I do not see it AT ALL, though i'm flattered by it. i just need to lose weight, 1) because i want to anyway and 2) so i can go all out with a crazy tank girl costume and look awesome whilst doing it lmao

hahahaha I don't think I do at all, but one of my friends had a flat mate who bought the canvas of this picture and she said the first thought she had was that I looked exactly like the cat woman though I do not see it AT ALL, though i'm flattered by it. i just need to lose weight, 1) because i want to anyway and 2) so i can go all out with a crazy tank girl costume and look awesome whilst doing it lmao

All the best of luck to you then *salutes* . And others do have a great penchant to identify a visage of our likeness, though unfortunately for me that has meant comparisons to the strangest persons, to the degree that one dude actually said I look like his Grandma. :shocked: :stunned:

Archived