What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

Awww, that's not nice :(

I wish I was cold hearted enough to shoot the little assholes, but I'm not. I caught one several years ago. I would walk up to him and he would cover his eyes with his little hands. So we drove about 7 miles away and released him. He's probably the asshole that is destroying my plants.

Yeah, I have no advice about raccoons. Wherever I've lived I've always just tried to accept the native fauna as a natural part of life in that area, like the weather. I consider it my responsibility to adjust my behavior, and my expectations to adapt to the natural order of wherever I've chosen to live. So it makes no more sense to me to blame the raccoons for eating your flowers as it would to blame the snow for you having to shovel your driveway. /zen

I wish I was cold hearted enough to shoot the little assholes, but I'm not. I caught one several years ago. I would walk up to him and he would cover his eyes with his little hands. So we drove about 7 miles away and released him. He's probably the asshole that is destroying my plants.

They are the animal equivalent of human beings - persistent, clever, destructive, always hungry, opposable thumbs... no wonder we don't like them. However, they are somewhat endearing at the same time.

My husband trapped - I kid you not - THIRTY (30) of them over the course of a year and relocated them. We were raccoon-less for around two years after that. They are back, though, and this time IT'S PERSONAL.

Im turning myself into an anxious emotional wreck because im so terrified of failing uni and this stupid self destructive behaviour is going to MAKE ME fail ans i know that and yet i cant stop making myself sick with worry obsessing over it i couldnt stop crying last night it took me hours to sleep i dont know what i'll do if i fail uni after three years or only get the lowest pass o god im getting panicky just thinking about it now im so stupid

Im turning myself into an anxious emotional wreck because im so terrified of failing uni and this stupid self destructive behaviour is going to MAKE ME fail ans i know that and yet i cant stop making myself sick with worry obsessing over it i couldnt stop crying last night it took me hours to sleep i dont know what i'll do if i fail uni after three years or only get the lowest pass o god im getting panicky just thinking about it now im so stupid

You are *not* stupid.

Some of that is normal but I'd bet it's heightened by your depression and anxiety issues.

Did you ever find a therapist you're comfortable with? If you have, give them a call to see if you can squeeze in a session. If you haven't, try a depression hotline, you'd be surprised how much those can help.

You've made it this far and you can make it the rest of the way through.

You might try this, when my anxiety gets so bad that the sight of a sink full of dishes overwhelms me, I break it down to one item at a time. I put *one* dish in the dishwasher and then allow myself to walk away if I need too. Then I do another and another until it's all done.

Do you have to write a paper? Try not thinking about how much you have to do overall and break it down to one paragraph at a time. Write one, then walk away for awhile. Keep doing that over and over and see if you get farther along than you think you can.

I know *exactly* how you are feeling. Don't give up on yourself. Reach out if you need to.

:grouphug: you are not going to fail, or get the lowest pass grade. You are an extremely intelligent young woman and I have complete faith in your ability to do well.

Perhaps you can try to set yourself a routine. I know it's slightly different, but I have exam prep and 1 assignment to do in the next couple of weeks, so I've set myself a routine: get up the same time everyday, work for x hours, go for a walk, come back, work for another x hours, take an hour to relax (read or watch TV or whatever) then work for another hour or so, and then finish up for the evening, and take some time for myself. It helps keep me focused, and makes me feel I've accomplished something with my day. I don't know if this would help you, but I thought I would suggest it all the same

Edit: what's annoying me? I thought orphan black was starting tonight, and now I'm dreadfully disappointed because it's not :thumbsdown:

:grouphug: you are not going to fail, or get the lowest pass grade. You are an extremely intelligent young woman and I have complete faith in your ability to do well.

Perhaps you can try to set yourself a routine. I know it's slightly different, but I have exam prep and 1 assignment to do in the next couple of weeks, so I've set myself a routine: get up the same time everyday, work for x hours, go for a walk, come back, work for another x hours, take an hour to relax (read or watch TV or whatever) then work for another hour or so, and then finish up for the evening, and take some time for myself. It helps keep me focused, and makes me feel I've accomplished something with my day. I don't know if this would help you, but I thought I would suggest it all the same

Edit: what's annoying me? I thought orphan black was starting tonight, and now I'm dreadfully disappointed because it's not :thumbsdown:

This. I did this during my final year, because otherwise I would have gone mad. Only you can help yourself, Theda. Don't waste time worrying about it, break it down and do what needs to be done. You'll be fine :) I know it's hard, best of luck!

What's annoying me is this stupid cough. Go away!

If we had a 'what's making you nervous thread', I'd probably be posting every day.

I've got finals coming up in about 8 weeks, and I feel rather unprepared. On top of that, the professor I'm attached with thinks I'm completely incompetent, which is not good because he's the head of department.

I just threw up IN MY CEREAL. This has to be a new low. Stomach bugs are the fucking worst.

Been there, had a terrible stomach bug, was miserable for 2 days, and I've never been able to eat that cereal again

Lucky Charms

Just remember, no matter how bad it gets, you WILL get better, hope it gets better real fast. Also ice can be a good friend when going through something like this. :grouphug:

Me...I got a splinter in the heel of my foot.

Archived