Robert Strong vs ?

Tha Dogg Pound

Let's face it, Clegane bowl while is freaking awesome, it's a distant possibility and the chances of it happening are slim, since I believe we'll never see Sandor again. I'd rather George simply leave his fate up to us, i.e the gravedigger theory witch is pretty much fact at this point. So lets take Sandor out of the picture, who does Gre- sorry I mean Ser Robert Strong fight in Cersei's TBC. Bronn is an interestig candidate, though I doubt it, but I believe Robert will fight Garlan Tyrell, and whether he wins or loses is completely up in the air, but there are other candidates, such as Bronn whom I mentioned earlier, Lancel, Osmund, even moonboy for all I know. But I'm curious to hear what other people say.

It must be someone from the poor fellows or the warrior's sons. Now if they play dirty and get somebody in their group just for this fight I don't know but someone out of their group .Btw even if loras is OK doesn't matter if the tyrells are clever they will put ser Robert fighting for them first and then either tired or wounded fight cersei's trial. Think also that ser Roberts identity maybe found which would make everything a hell in Kl. Also if you go for the gravedigger's identity he belongs to the faith. It is neither probable nor impossible that the gravedigger who hates gre... Ser Robert come to kill him second ti... Kill him at last.

It must be someone from the poor fellows or the warrior's sons. Now if they play dirty and get somebody in their group just for this fight I don't know but someone out of their group .Btw even if loras is OK doesn't matter if the tyrells are clever they will put ser Robert fighting for them first and then either tired or wounded fight cersei's trial. Think also that ser Roberts identity maybe found which would make everything a hell in Kl. Also if you go for the gravedigger's identity he belongs to the faith. It is neither probable nor impossible that the gravedigger who hates gre... Ser Robert come to kill him second ti... Kill him at last.

True. Sandor does belong to the faith but I doubt he would be welcome in KL either after he abandoned his king. If Sandor does come somehow, then it wouldn't be as the hound, he would be a 'mystery knight" of some sorts working for the faith, and after he wins or loses against Gre... Robert. Both of their identity's are revealed.

I think it likely to be Lancel. The HS seems to be a man of true faith and will not consider the martial prowess of the Faith's champion to be significant. Only the faith of that champion. After all, if the God's are with the just then they cannot lose. Though he will in fact lose very badly.

I also disagree that we have seen the last of Sandor. He is on the QI recovering and meditating on the belief that the Hound is dead. EB almost certainly told Sandor the same thing he told Brienne. EB also said that he keeps word of what transpires on the mainland from the brothers to keep them from distraction. Such word as "the Hound" has sacked Saltpans and is now one of the most reviled people in Westeros. Sandor's one consistent trait is a bitter determination that he be judged for who he is and not for whose brother he is. He won't take kindly for being blamed for a massacre not of his doing. So he will come off the QI to look for "the Hound" unaware that Brienne has already killed him. This takes him to the BwB where he can inform all, including LS and Brienne, that Arya was alive and well and heading for the Vale when she left him for dead. I suspect that Brienne and Sandor will go to the Vale to find Arya and bring her back only to find Sansa instead. Also, keep in mind Bran's vision of the three shadows: the Hound faced one, the golden one, and the giant of stone with darkness for a head and black blood. These were shadows haunting his father and his two sisters. Think then about how Jaime, Sandor, and Gregor have been intimately involved in the story arcs of Ned and the Stark girls. So I suspect that Jaime, Sandor, and unGregor will continue to be involved in the stark girls story arcs until either the girls die (less likely) or the three shadows die (more likely). Sandor will absolutely not be the champion of the Faith. Ever. If Clegane bowl happens (50/50 at best) then it will be a future TBC - perhaps one where Sansa has to defend herself against regicide for killing Joffrey (she is formally accused of this).

Whoever Robert Strong faces, I do not think is greatly important, he is going to win because Cersei is going to outlive her children and therefore I do not think this trail by combat will be as big of a deal as The Mountain vs The Red Viper was. Most likely the sacrificial lamb will be a Knight of the Warrior's Sons, possibly Lancel but we have been introduced to other WS (If someone could provide a list, and maybe any info given on each, that would be great.)

As for all the talk about Sandor, it is still all theory that he is the Gravedigger (he almost certainly is, but it is still only theory, not fact, kinda like R+L=J). But assuming he is the Gravedigger AND he hears word of this trail by combat, Faith vs the Crown. I do not think he would be in any fit state to actually fight as some Mystery Knight of the Seven or any other disguise. The Elder Brother may have great healing skill, but he was still lamed, that is how Brienne saw the GD. It would also go against his story arc of being so angry and full of hate, especially at his brother, that being the main reason he killed and wanted to kill his brother. If the Hound is dead and Sandor lives, that hate and anger should be gone, and he picking up the sword to fight his brother, knowingly or not, would go against that. It would be like Jaime hooking up with Cersei again then pushing Rickon out a window. Or Theon scampering back to Ramsey to tell all he knows of Stannis, reverting back to Reek and Turncloak.

Lancel would get slaughtered, he wouldn't even have a chance to hit Gre- I mean Robert strong

A healthy Lancel would get slaughtered, but isn't he still pretty badly injured.

Didn't Cersei describe him as looking like a frail old man the last time she saw him?

It's gonna be either Lancel or Theoden Wells. I doubt that there's going to be "clegane bowl" because that would be pointless. The Mountain is dead, whatever it is that makes Ser Strong move and respond is not our old friend Ser Gregor. He's gone. So, what would be the point of Sandor showing up from nowhere to fight an undead corpse? Even if he wins, this won't be considered revenge by any means because Strong is Gregor's body, NOT Gregor himself.

Well, I still hope that a trial by Seven will happen again. We had 2 trials by combat in the current storyline, in my opinion one more would make it nothing special. On the other hand a trial by Seven is more rare and didn't happen for like 90 years (the last was for Dunk).

Thus the High Sparrow could tell Cersei to find 7 champions or she is guilty. So there would be Boros Blount, Meryn Trant and Robert Strong of the Kingsguard, and the Kettleblack if they let him fight, so this means that Cersei needs 3 or 4 more, and since the Tyrells aren't her friends and there aren't much known Lannister-loyal knights, and the other 3 Kingsguard not in King's Landing (Jaime disappeared in the Riverlands, Balon is chasing Darkstar, Loras is may dead already) she should find others really fast. So she could ask the presumably brutes Lyle Crakehall and Daven Lannister, and one more.

While on the other side there would be Lancel Lannister, Theodan the True, and 5 other suicidal religious guys.

And in this fight the Seven could show its "powers" with making a miracle which leads nearly to the defeat of Cersei's group.

It's gonna be either Lancel or Theoden Wells. I doubt that there's going to be "clegane bowl" because that would be pointless. The Mountain is dead, whatever it is that makes Ser Strong move and respond is not our old friend Ser Gregor. He's gone. So, what would be the point of Sandor showing up from nowhere to fight an undead corpse? Even if he wins, this won't be considered revenge by any means because Strong is Gregor's body, NOT Gregor himself.

:agree:

The much wanted Clegane bowl is never going to happen. Gregor is dead and Sandor is lame from his injuries/infection. Having a limping sandor fight the headless corpse of his brother is just...dumb.

Knowing george he's going to give the fans almost what they want. Some hero or heroes (Garlan maybe, Ser Balon perhaps) and have them face of against Robert. Cersei will be seconds away from being taken down and then Robert will go on the rampage and allow her to escape

Well, I still hope that a trial by Seven will happen again. We had 2 trials by combat in the current storyline, in my opinion one more would make it nothing special. On the other hand a trial by Seven is more rare and didn't happen for like 90 years (the last was for Dunk).

Thus the High Sparrow could tell Cersei to find 7 champions or she is guilty. So there would be Boros Blount, Meryn Trant and Robert Strong of the Kingsguard, and the Kettleblack if they let him fight, so this means that Cersei needs 3 or 4 more, and since the Tyrells aren't her friends and there aren't much known Lannister-loyal knights, and the other 3 Kingsguard not in King's Landing (Jaime disappeared in the Riverlands, Balon is chasing Darkstar, Loras is may dead already) she should find others really fast. So she could ask the presumably brutes Lyle Crakehall and Daven Lannister, and one more.

While on the other side there would be Lancel Lannister, Theodan the True, and 5 other suicidal religious guys.

And in this fight the Seven could show its "powers" with making a miracle which leads nearly to the defeat of Cersei's group.

I like the idea of a TB7. We were introduced to it for a reason so I see it happening at some point. In my head I always hear Gregor being announced monster truck style, Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY come out to see Gravedigger! :) Shall we populate a list of contenders?

Archived