Fan theories/opinions that annoy you

DasallmaechtigeJ

This thread is dedicated to all of you that want to flame a fan theory or opinion that you have never understood, and even if you did, that have simply annyed you. Spill all your hatred, lay a finger in the wound that represents a theories weakness and so on. As you all now, giving your negative emotions a save platform is good for your health! :hat:

For starters:

I never got that fan opinion that Jon Arryn is an evil mastermind that planned on overthrowing the Targs since the beginning to start his own evil and unlegitimate tyranny through Robert. Goddammit, sometimes people are just what they appear to be and Jon Arryn is the fatherfigure of Ned and Robert and helped them with overthrowing an obvious tyrant. If he wanted to start an evil rule he could have easily declared himself king and would not have ruled through Robert.

Also, I never got where all that love for Tywin and the Hound came from. Yes, there cool because everyone wants to be a badass asshole, but all that labeling them as misunderstood antiheroes always gave me chills.

Have fun guys!

I've never been a big fan of hidden Targ theories. I do buy into R+L=J but some of the others are far fetched to me. Particularly any theory that involves one of the Lannister children actually being fathered by Aerys.

The Cleagane Bowl theory, I just find it ridiculous and pointless.

Oh yes, while I find the gravedigger theory at least plausible though I'm struggling with the likelihood, the Cleganebowl thing is ridiculous. Why should he leave the island and know about the duel in the first place?

Mance=Rhaegar really annoys me.

I found a theory once about Hodor being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, it did not appear to be a joke.

Syrio and Ned being alive are based entirely on wishful thinking and have almost no logic behind them.

Although I believe R+L=J, any other theory linked to it is based on ignorance, how can Jon become King if he swore an oath never to do it?

As for opinions I am borderline offended when people like Tywin and Cersei and get mad at Tyrion for killing him.

The Cleagane Bowl theory, I just find it ridiculous and pointless.

Clegane bowl is also based on wishful thinking, and I actually hope it doesn't happen, whilst Gregor is a walking corpse it just won't be satisfying enough to see him die at the hands of his brother. If he was fully alive it might be a very different story.

Dany is a bastard/not really a Targaryen/a blackfyre, etc. She's Daenerys Targaryen, daughter of Aerys II and Rhaella. End of story.

Dany is "already mad." Poor reading of the text.

Tyrion is a Targ bastard.

Bran is evil because of warging Hodor.

The Gods exist.

Euron=Daario. Seriously, what the fuck.

Howland Reed is the High Septon. ditto.

The dragon is a chimera!

The Starks are as bad as the Lannisters! "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" Barf.

Dany didn't grow up in Braavos because lemon tree. Look at the official map. Braavos is plenty green.

GoT and Wheel of Time similarities. Terrible blog.

Azor Ahai is good.

The Others aren't completely evil. There's nothing wrong with them just being human-killing ice demons with no redemption.

There are too many to list. People have really invested too much time into coming up with 'alternative' theories simply because they think the common sense one is 'too obvious'.

:rofl: :rofl: Stranger things have happened in this series.

I don't really get annoyed by theories. I just find some weird and unlikely like the Sansa sitting on the IT or Sansa killing SR.

Sansa being the one to finish of SR is a theory I like. It would fit perfectly as the event that makes Sansa go dark and not so naive and good all the time.

I hate King Jon/Rickon theories, because all of it is based on the idea that the best fit to be king are warrior types, when GRRM just wrote five books that made it clear that they aren't.

Robert Baratheon was a great warrior and even battlefield leader, but a terrible king.

Brandon, son of Rickard and Lyarra, was too hot-headed and impulsive to be a reliable lord.

Jon is barely able to have men under his command obey him without constant grumbling and challenges, even though he's a full-grown man and their commander, not really their lord. Granted, it's under extraordinary conditions, but he fails to gain allies or keep them. He would not be a very good king.

Rickon is a baby.

Whereas, Bran, with only a short time at ruling comparitively, at the age of 8, shows natural ability and talent, and is told by his teachers that he's doing a surprisingly good job.

Jon is barely able to have men under his command obey him without constant grumbling and challenges, even though he's a full-grown man and their commander, not really their lord. Granted, it's under extraordinary conditions, but he fails to gain allies or keep them. He would not be a very good king.

Yes, because it's MUCH more believable and realistic that Jon would give inspirational speeches that would make even the most steadfast detractors of his policies see the light and say "Oh, what an amazing leader you are! I can't believe I ever had an opinion of my own!" Because, as we all know, great leaders all throughout history have never had dissenters or people who want to kill them.

Archived