Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, 3

I confess I have loved these three threads more than almost any other thread I have lurked on in a long time. It sure has made my work day the last two days a lot more fun. I also must confess I think the maesters are evil and need to be wiped out.

Throw in the Septas with them. I know that's wrong but that's how I feel.

I wish we had a Tyrell perspective in the books. Loras maybe, so we wouldn't get too much revealed. But it would be nice to see some of the Tyrell inner-workings.

Ultimately I think its a shame we don't have at least one POV per great house. We have a lot of them (4 Starks, 1 Tully, 1 Targaryen, 1 Martell, 4 Lannisters and 4 Greyjoys) but unfortunately no Arryn, Baratheon or Tyrell POVs. Then again, we haven't met a Baratheon that wasn't a King at one point or another, so that defies GRRM's rule.

I'd like a Loras POV, or Margaery. Hell, it'd at least be comical if we had one from Mace.

I'd like a Loras POV, or Margaery. Hell, it'd at least be comical if we had one from Mace.

GRRM has kinda implied that Kings have no povs, and I suppose he means people with power or in charge have no povs. Dany, Cersei and Jon are, despite their importance, being played by bigger fishes. So, it would be indeed funny that Mace has one :P

Does anyone actually hate Bran? Some people find him boring, but I don't think people hate him. He's just a kid.

I personally don't find him boring. His ADwD chapters are particularly great.

I can sort of understand finding Brans earlier chapters boring but yeah his shit ADWD was off the chain. I mainly think the hatred of him comes from try hard "I'm so edgy types" simply because he's an innocent, nice kid.

Agreed, these threads have been good fun, almost recapturing the lofty heights of some of the classic Confessions threads of old. I do kinda feel that it could do with more WK though.

We really just need E-Ro back honestly.

We really just need E-Ro back honestly.

A long low moan, it seemed to hang above the battlements, lingering in the black air, soaking deep into the bones of every man who heard it. All along the castle walls, sentries turned toward the sound, their hands tightening around the shafts of their spears. In the ruined halls and keeps of Westeros, lords hushed other lords, horses nickered, and sleepers stirred in their dark corners. No sooner had the sound of the warhorn died away than a drum began to beat: BOOM doom BOOM doom BOOM doom. And a name passed from the lips of each man to the next, written in small white puffs of breath. E-Ro, they whispered, E-Ro is here, E-Ro is come, E-Ro, E-Ro, E-Ro.

I think that ASOIAF is immeasurably diminished by the scarcity of puns/double entendres about King Robert's Hammer.

ETA: Had the royal fleet ever captured Damphair's Golden Storm it would have made for even greater possibilities.

According to HelenaExMachina's "Matching Hypothesis" Ashara would have wed me ;)

It's not mine, actually, it's a real thing. Though, I may have misled slightly, as specifically it's about being equally "socially desirable". But quite a lot of research in the spares looks at similar physical attractiveness to test it. I wasn't making it up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis

ETA: I really like Damphair's chapters

E-Ro was fun, but QC1 was the best. Without too much effort you could get her to argue things like 'GRRM doesn't understand his own characters' or 'only mysoginists deny universal mysogyny.' And she'd do it with a tone of condescension to boot. I miss her.

E-Ro was fun, but QC1 was the best. Without too much effort you could get her to argue things like 'GRRM doesn't understand his own characters' or 'only mysoginists deny universal mysogyny.' And she'd do it with a tone of condescension to boot. I miss her.

Agreed she was pure quality

It's not mine, actually, it's a real thing. Though, I may have misled slightly, as specifically it's about being equally "socially desirable". But quite a lot of research in the spares looks at similar physical attractiveness to test it. I wasn't making it up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis

ETA: I really like Damphair's chapters

So do I... I reread his and the other Ironborn characters more than I read anybody else's.

Archived