Favorite Art

While some of the art/paintings in TWOIAF is spectacular and others are pretty weak, what is everyone's favorite picture/painting from the book?

The front and back inside flaps are some of the best with Dragonstone and Robert and Rhaegar battling, but my personal favorite is the fight between Maelys the Monstrous and Barristan Selmy.

I always had visions of what Maelys would look like, and I thought the artist did a great rendition.

One of my favorite images is the mistresses of King Aegon IV. While it's known that Aegon entertained many women during his reign and produced several children, I was curious as to the identities of his partners. It was very interesting to see the faces for those names, especially the mothers of characters such as Bittersteel, Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar. I must admit that Aegon's ladies were indeed attractive. The artist did a nice job in capturing their unique features.

Dragonstone and Asshai are my favourites. Whilst the latter doesn't reveal many things, at least I had a look at it. Valyria was pretty cool too.

Also, I wouldn't mind if I were to meet someone like Rhaenyra Targaryen in real life :D

I love all the castle artwork! There's something so cool about Harrenhall's massive foreboding structure, the classic beauty of Riverrun, the scale of Casterly Rock and Highgarden, and Winterfell looks AWESOME! I like the epic grand scale of it all.

Also, as a runner up, I love Duncan in Kingsguard white about to duel the laughing storm.

Dothraki vs the sarnorians.

I really dug valyria and almost every picture of mad king aerys.

I thought Maegor the cruel with slit wrists was dark and awesome.

Aegon the unworthy had some beautiful women that shared his bed.

I'm a little upset that we didn't get to see raventree hall, but I didn't really expect to see it in the firs place.

Oh, and those dragons razing the landscape on the Rhoyne was awesome.

I thought the jon snow and ghost picture near the credits of the book was haunting.

The only complaint I have about any of the art would have to be asshai, and I'm not really to mad either.

• 2 weeks later...

The first page depicting Dragonstone is epic.

Aegon riding balerion was also one of my many favourites.

I didn't want to post in the "References and Homages" thread on the General forum, but doesn't two of the skulls in Dragonstone look like... Aliens?! (the ones Sigourney Weaver battles, I mean.)

Long skull and double set of teeth included!

They're the ones behind the middle towers... am I allucinating?

Archived