Who will sit the Iron Throne at any point in the remaining books?

Doctor Weirwood

I'm in the camp who thinks the Iron Throne will eventually be destroyed and the system of one royal family ruling the whole of Westeros will end, but obviously, the IT has a big part to play in what comes before that. So, who do we think will sit it before the end? I think Aegon will take it early (ish) in Winds, then Daenerys later on before she decided to destroy the system.

I'm in the camp who thinks the Iron Throne will eventually be destroyed and the system of one royal family ruling the whole of Westeros will end, but obviously, the IT has a big part to play in what comes before that. So, who do we think will sit it before the end? I think Aegon will take it early (ish) in Winds, then Daenerys later on before she decided to destroy the system.

I can't get my head around the whole social system changing

Bloodlines and kings blood are shown to have power and significance can't see those same people going time for a change... especially if any prophecies come true/are true about destined heroes etc. That would reinforce that these bloodlines stay in positions of power

That being said... Tommen, Aegon, battle for the Dawn and Jon or Dany whoever comes out on top

Tommen is there now. I have a hunch Mrycella will as well, at least for a short time. (Cersei's prophecy). Since all of the children will suposedly die prior to Cersei, I imagine Tommen might die first and then Myrcella will follow him on the throne.

Just a guess though.

I also think Aegon might take it, simply due to his proximity to KL and all that is happening around him. (GC landing, potential Dorne support, etc...)

After that, who knows. Maybe Stannis ends up there at some point. Dany, if she ever comes to Westeros, could also possibly end up there.

Not sure who else...

edit: someone beat me to the Myrcella punch.

:ninja:

I can't get my head around the whole social system changing

Bloodlines and kings blood are shown to have power and significance can't see those same people going time for a change... especially if any prophecies come true/are true about destined heroes etc. That would reinforce that these bloodlines stay in positions of power

That being said... Tommen, Aegon, battle for the Dawn and Jon or Dany whoever comes out on top

I should have been clearer, when I say system changing I mean the system of ruling all westeros from King's Landing. I think it could go back to each region having it's own royal family again.

You think Myrcella will actully get to sit on it/be in power? Not trolling generally interested how does she get there in your opinion?

Prophecy kinda implies the three kids will be crowned. Even if Myrcella doesn't actually get to rule, she will be called Queen, with Cersei behind her. It won't last that much, sadly.

Myrcella-Tommen dies after Cerseis deal with Euron goes wrong & Euron slits his throat.

Euron-Will take it by marrying Myrcella & taking Kings Landing from within. Myrcella will become his personal plaything mirroring Sansa's treatment by Joffrey, but worse.

Aegon-The Faith will open the gates for Aegon, not long after Euron claims the throne.

Dany-Dany will be distracted from her conquest of Westeros by the WW. She will help defeat them, then marry Aegon out of duty, though she loves Jon. She will sit the throne, only to melt it down.

Tommen, Myrcella, Cersie. Then its burned up by Wildfire as Stannis attacks the Red Keep, Cersie light's all of King's Landing afire and Stannis chokes the life from her pale neck as they both burn.

I like Stannis as the younger brother, but honestly he doesn't seem the sort to choke the life out of a woman, the show not withstanding.

As for the IT, as with actually occupying it, I think it will go Tommen, Aegon, Dany, Stannis. I do actually think he'll get to sit on it before it's all over.

I don't think Euron is going to make it to KL, not unless he actually succeeds on getting his hands on the dragons, which I don't think will happen.

Darkstar, as the coolest character in the series, is destined to be the king of Westeros (actually, forget westeros, king of planetos)

It is known

Other than that, Tommen might get half a book on the throne, Myrcella will last for an even shorter time, after which probably Aegon, or maybe even Stannis at some stage. I honestly don't think Dany will end up on the IT, or Jon for that matter, not that I can say why. IMO there's a fair chance we see a divided 7K again by the end of ADOS, with Aegon being the last to sit the IT.

Crackpot...

Assuming Myrcella makes it back to KL. She has her wound... Crazy Cersei goes really mad and doesn't want to trust anyone with her children. So she has Tommen marry Myrcella in a ironic styling of some of the Targaryens as justification.

They are then both on the throne together when they get eventually wiped out.

(again super crackpot, take it for what it is worth)

Crackpot...

Assuming Myrcella makes it back to KL. She has her wound... Crazy Cersei goes really mad and doesn't want to trust anyone with her children. So she has Tommen marry Myrcella in a ironic styling of some of the Targaryens as justification.

They are then both on the throne together when they get eventually wiped out.

(again super crackpot, take it for what it is worth)

That is actually not the craziest thing I have ever heard.

She can argue that there is Targaryen precedent for it and the Baratheons are descended from the Targs. Of course we know her personal feelings for it.

It solves how Myrcella will get her Crown.

I am not saying it will happen, but damn I could certainly see it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/116633-why-stannis-will-win-from-a-literary-perspective/?hl=+stannis%20+literary

Wonderful thread here about why Stannis will eventually take the throne, if only perhaps briefly. In any case, among all the candidates, Stannis is the only one who would be capable of rebuilding Westeros. He has the gumption and the know-how to get the major houses in line and cooperate to bring it back to its former glory. And, most important, his plan would be fair, though I'd bet no one would like it too much.

VOTE STANNIS CUZ HE'S THE MANNEST

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/116633-why-stannis-will-win-from-a-literary-perspective/?hl=+stannis%20+literary

Wonderful thread here about why Stannis will eventually take the throne, if only perhaps briefly. In any case, among all the candidates, Stannis is the only one who would be capable of rebuilding Westeros. He has the gumption and the know-how to get the major houses in line and cooperate to bring it back to its former glory. And, most important, his plan would be fair, though I'd bet no one would like it too much.

VOTE STANNIS CUZ HE'S THE MANNEST

Fair? I am not sure converting to another faith by force is really fair...

Archived