Crazy Idea-Daario is Euron son.

Shadow Cat 75

I have seen a few things about how Daario is really Euron Greyjoy in hiding. I will not go over all the details supporting the idea but the major problem with this idea is the distance between the Iron Islands and Slaver Bay as well as how could the Stormcrows sell sword company not notice that their captain was gone for so long. Also Euron would have to use a glamor to hide himself as Daario.

Now here is my crazy idea what if Daario is not Euron Greyjoy but is in fact his son so it would be E+?=D, That would solve the major problems with the idea, Euron would

be able to stay in the Iron Islands to become King, while his son manages things in Slaver Bay. Daario would feed information to his father and would be able to command the Stormcrows at the same time. Also no need for major such as a glamor or blood magic of some kind to hid.

It is known that Euron Greyjoy was sailing around the world and was out raiding at a young age which means taking wives. Also do we know Daario's age when compared to Euron, Euron could have had him when he was 15 or so. Whenever Daario was born could shot down this whole idea but we don't know when he was born. (Well I don't at least)

If Daario is Euron son it would make it possible that he is feeding information to his father about Dany by sending messages and Euron did say he had children in a Victarion chapter so could be. Also in a battle Euron would be on one side while Daario would be on the other making it easier to have an outcome in Euron's favor. We have already seen how Roose used Ransay even though he was a Snow why couldn't someone else do something else along those lines.

Like I said it is strange idea and it is highly unlikely but it would fill in the massive problem with the whole Euron=Daario theory if it was in fact a father son team up plan.

not Jon?

i hate r+l=j. it's everywhere and it's become so mundane. while i believe it, i dont consider it secret anymore. it's gotten to the point i hope george writes a twist just to stick it to the hipster elitist keyboard warriors that circulate their life around the one theory.

but no, while i believe it, it's not so secret. varys, is a secret. hell the characte,r and name, "varys," i think is just an act, another persona, anyway.

i hate r+l=j. it's everywhere and it's become so mundane. while i believe it, i dont consider it secret anymore. it's gotten to the point i hope george writes a twist just to stick it to the hipster elitist keyboard warriors that circulate their life around the one theory.

but no, while i believe it, it's not so secret. varys, is a secret. hell the characte,r and name, "varys," i think is just an act, another persona, anyway.

Definately agree about the act but Varys' secret targ links are as dubious as most other non Jon secret targ theories

we should probably get back onto the topic of secret Greyjoys though....lol

Definately agree about the act but Varys' secret targ links are as dubious as most other non Jon secret targ theories

we should probably get back onto the topic of secret Greyjoys though....lol

should we?

lol

i like the brightfyre theories, and i kinda think varys has to be a part of that. besides, what better way to infiltrate an anti-targaryen royal council, than to be one yourself

to me the greyjoys have served absolutely no purpose to the story other than being a nuisence

think South Park Mongolians breaking down that city wall. It's the same concept haha

I have seen a few things about how Daario is really Euron Greyjoy in hiding. I will not go over all the details supporting the idea but the major problem with this idea is the distance between the Iron Islands and Slaver Bay as well as how could the Stormcrows sell sword company not notice that their captain was gone for so long. Also Euron would have to use a glamor to hide himself as Daario.

Your 3 objections are answerable:

(1) Sailing really is an amazingly efficient form of travel, under ideal circumstances. The 24-hour sailing record is something in excess of 450 miles in a 24 hour period. The problem is obtaining these ideal circumstances, since the weather generally refuses to cooperate with the wishes of ship captains. Here, too, the text comes to our rescue, by heavily hinting that Euron can "always have fair winds and never be becalmed" as a result of blood sacrifice and some demon pact with the storm god (we saw a similar phenomenon in Stannis' trip to the wall). For example, giving Euron a speed of "only" 300 miles per day (a steady 12 knots), allows him to sail between the Iron Islands and Slavers Bay in less than 3 weeks. Given two (three?) months-long absences from Dany established in the text, this should allow him time to make one or more trip to the Iron Islands and/or Slavers Bay.

(2) Nothing in the text establishes that the Stormcrows did not notice Daario's absence. They themselves are virtually always absent and in the field whenever Daario is absent, and even when he is not absent. And if Daario is anything like Euron, he has probably cut out the tongues of those he does not trust anyway.

(3) Why would Euron need a glamor? All he need do is remove his eye batch and put on some blue hair dye. And even if a glamor were necessary, why could not Euron do such a thing, given all the hints of his sorcerous ways.

I agree with ChillyPolly exactly. I don't get what is the problem with Euron sailing over long distances in a short time, when he shows some hints to sorcery.

1-Connections with the storm-god

2-Connections to all the exotic, magic-themed places; be it Qarth, Valyria etc.

3-Blue lips

4-Captive Warlocks

5-Crewmen of mutes, so that all of his secrets stay secrets. He is definitely hiding something.

If anything at all, logistics and "glamour" are not the problem. Glamour, as if anyone in Dany's court will recognize an iron islander... As to the stormcrows not noticing he is absent. Would you - if you were a mercenary - find it odd if your blue haired, blue mustached, yellow dressed, golden toothed exotic mercenary captain who happens to carry a arakh carved in the shape of sexy female parts; inform you he will be absent for a while? If he is certainly Euron in disguise, I assume he would have established discipline in quite hardcore ways already. I also assume he would have a regent to lead the company in his stead.

The real mystery is, why would Euron do all this. The lack of reason makes me hold back to believing the theory.

daario can just never be just daario, can he?

WTF is a "just daario"?

Anyhow, GRRM himself says that there is more to Daario than meets the eye. Which does not necessarily prove he is Euron. But I would say it proves that there is more to him than what we perceive as "just daario".

Archived