Books Summarized by Someone Who Has Not Read The Book

Maithanet

The Steel Remains - "The Grimdark death squads left their blades in the ignobly slaughtered noblebright knights."

The Cold Commands - "The Grimdark King makes daggers from the bones of the noblebright knights."

The Dark Defiles - "The Grimdark King floods the noblebright bookshelves with misery and woe."

Wasp Factory. Very nice.

Here’s a classic 1951 novel:

“But my complexion is terrible. I can’t go out like that!”

“Those minor blemishes? Not a problem. Just let me apply this stuff and you’ll have a nice uniform skin tone in no time.”

Derfel's is Trainspotting? Bit stumped by some of the others though. Something something capitals?

(Big props to the Lobster for that last one though :thumbsup:

---------

There were five minutes left on the clock. His team were all counting on him. He'd caught the first twenty-one balls, but this was the big one. Could he do it? Would he let them all down?

Eta: hahaha, cross-posted with the Ent. Foundation!

And on Tuesday, this low pressure system will head inland, bringing with it heavy downfalls of katanas, zweihänders, and sabres. People are advised to watch out for rapiers in exposed areas. That's the weather tonight.

A Storm of Swords, nice.

I can't figure out Happy Ent's either and my brain can't get past Das Kapital.

Marquez!

"Mr Rassan! Mr Rassan! They've escaped again!"

Albert frowned. It had seemed like such a good idea, adopting his unusual pets when the zoo closed, but they were turning out to be nothing but trouble.

The Importance of Being Earnest and One Hundred Years of Solitude, nice. :D

Not a clue about Min's.

With today's means of transport, nobody should need more than two months to get around the planet.

Ten decades spent alone, all by your lonesome.

One hundred years of solitude (heh, autocorrect wanted to go with solitaire)

"I dunno... I'm guessing something about the lost 4th Little Pig? But the book seems awfully big in that case... in fact, it's much bigger than it should be. It just seems to go on and on and on.... *echoes away*"

Archived