Dating 24 - How many eggs are in YOUR basket?

You are getting a giant spanking for calling me precious.

I'm going by there tomorrow. To, um, get new handgrips. My shortest skirt is clean and my legs are currently free of bruises and scabs. Hey, I ride a bike, my legs normally look like a toddler's.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant we got the same number of messages, but men take all comers. :P

Larry, glad you're back on the hunt. Best of luck, man. You're goddamn super.

You're too kind. Next time I'm in NO we can team up and be wingpersons, take them singles by storm.

So the guy I'm seeing on Monday admitted that, through our conversations, he was concerned that he may have taken a friend of mine on a date. He's not seeing her anymore, and she is more of an acquaintance who I haven't spoken to in more than 6 months, so I feel okay about it. He was really worried that I'd decide not to meet him, but honestly... I know we put our best self forward when first meeting someone, but we have talked literally for hours on the phone and dangit, without jinxing it, I really like this guy. You guys, I'm shocked. Aaaaand still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

MANDY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Have fun!

So I called bike guy today. He picked up and there was some noise on the other end. Then he hung up on me.

I took it as a phone misfire and texted. He is busy this weekend with people in town, but next week or next weekend.

I gave him a few options and we'll see how it goes.

FUCK WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CALL ME. Got the number from the same pal who had passed mine along.

Edit: damn this touchpad.

How do you go about getting the best out of Tinder? I was talked into downloading it, but I've only used it a couple of times and I'm not sure I'm a fan - it makes me feel a bit like I'm flicking through people as if they were shirts on a rack that I might want to try on. How do you find someone for more than just a hook up?

Quick Tinder/online dating related Q, is accusing people's profiles of being fake and asking for the 'name of the model you got the pictures from' the world's most bizarrely passive aggressive pick-up tactic? This happened once or twice on OKC as well. Do guys think girls will be flattered by this?

So, that doesn't work then?

On a serious note, that's a shit thing to do and hopefully not something the majority of men think is 'flattering'.

I mean, I guess I can see someone making a joke of it and using it as a way to compliment someone indirectly? I know I wouldn't do it. Then again, I don't date online, so perhaps he's trying to stand out, or something like that.

Archived