(Spoilers) Justified Final Season - You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive

Mark Antony

I am so torn. I want to see what happens but I dont know if I am ready to see it end!

I also think Ava might die. I wonder if it's going to be Boyd or Ralyn who kills her.

I don't see a good ending for any of the main characters honestly. I think some of the secondary characters will make it out though.

eta- autocorrect fail

The only way Raylan kills Ava is if she forces him to do it, and if he catches her she will force him to do it, because there's no way she's going back to prison.

That's kind of what I was thinking might happen. It's just a feeling, but I don't have any sort of concrete evidence. My feelings are notoriously inaccurate.

She could very well ride off into the sunset with 10million dollars. :-)

Good Episode was good!

I'm by turns excited for and dreading the next episode. I'm sure they'll pull off a great finale, but that just means no more Justified. :crying:

Still, I'm very, very happy that this show is going out on such a high note.

Lol, when Boyd was sitting in the truck before shooting that man, I was thinking how Walton Goggins went way overboard on his last teeth bleaching session. Those teeth were outrageous!

I'm hoping Loretta and Wynn find a way to team up. Wynn isn't leaving the state, that much was clear. He and Loretta would make a bad ass team.

I thought that was a phenomenal episode. It had basically everything that has made Justified such a great show. Only thing is, sometimes Sam Elliott's speech is really hard to hear; seems like he's channeling Boyd with his extended enunciation and it doesn't work. And it looks like Bob will be fine, which was a relief. One thing I noticed about Raylan though, was that when push came to shove, he did the right thing. He could've continued to chase Boyd, his career-long obsession, but instead he backed off and helped Bob. I thought that was a big moment, and could be a precursor to something he does in the finale (ie lets Boyd go if it is the right thing).

And of course, they threw the promo for next week right after the episode finished, before I could turn it off. I thought there would be some intrigue as to whether Raylan would face some detainment (really, we knew he wouldn't but still the intrigue would've been nice). While I'm at it with the promo spoilers, looks like we'll get a high noon showdown between Boone and Raylan. Raylan is hot on Boyd's tail, as it looks like he tracks him to some abandoned barn.

Yet another great episode. With just one more to go. Should be a memorable denouement.

I sort of posted this in the other Justified thread, but since this one seems to be the one...

Shea Whigham played the hell out of that little nothing part. This show feels more "lived in" than any show I think I've ever seen. I think it's why new characters seem so familiar or likable or memorable immediately after they are introduced. It's also why Boyd can have such a great scene with a guy we've never met. Whigham's acting had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't just that one guy. Mikey's end was fantastic, and I'm not sure he had more than 20 lines over the course of six seasons. As absurdly comic-booky and silly as this version of Harlan gets, it still feels like a real place populated by real people. Colorful people, to be sure, but still very real. Or maybe it's just an Elmore Leonard thing, and Justified has done the best possible job of capturing his mind and committing it to TV or film.

Archived