Characters whose TV versions are superior to the book versions

Aemon's counsel

I find Sam and Gilly much more lovable on TV than they are in the books. In the books they annoy me, but they're really sweet on TV.

Varys is my favourite character in the show, he's ok in the books,but I'm not overly taken with him. Tyrion drops to number 3, but people like Shae (people complained a lot from what I've read, but I thought TV Shae was great), Ygritte, Margaery, Lancel and Viserys became real favourites.

I don't disagree about Bronn. but he's great in the books too.

Cersei and Theon are the big stand-outs for me. Oh, and Pedro Pascal's acting for Oberyn was brilliant as well.

Not a huge fan of Daario (book or show) but also glad that the show version toned down his appearance.

Theon: I don't remember feeling as much for the book character as I do for the show version. Brilliantly acted.

Cersei: I find her more interesting in the show; there's a lot of whitewashing going on, but it makes her more layered and believable.

Tywin: so much funnier.

Tyrion: again, whitewashing on the show's part, but it makes me like him a lot more.

Bronn: a lot more personality, way funnier.

Osha: kick-ass lady in the show, can't remember thinking that much of her in the novels.

Haven't sat down and watched the series, but I rather like the Hound's depiction. Especially his beard. Whenever I see pictures of the Hound without one, since he was never described to have one, it irks me. He looks younger without one. I like to think the Hound doesn't really care for his appearance, so looks scruffy in my head.

Archived