why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

I'm betting she shows up in some way. They've kind of exhausted all the magic in the world (dragons, the red god, weir woods, wargs, etc). I think she will be another "stong female heroine" thats going to show up and kick ass with her undead powers. Bringing back an old character is less confusing to viewers than creating new ones. Everyone wants revenge for the selfless (mostly) catlyn tully and her murdered son. Might make a good cliff-hanger.

The only thing that makes me think she'll appear is that the comments from the show people all fall just short of "She's definitely not appearing again." They're all cleverly worded to imply that, but stop just short of saying it to that degree. It's reminiscent of how the How I Met Your Mother people answered questions about fan theories about the mother being dead (there are probably many other examples from other TV shows too).

At this point, if by end of season Boltons (and Freys) don't get their justified bloody end to at least one of the 4 (Ramsey, Roose, fat Walda, maybe Miranda) due to Sansa manipulations or from hands of Northerners, Stannis or Brienne/Pod one way or another, then I would expect to see LadyStoneheart to show up and start her reign). Otherwise, she is unnecessary.

I remember D&D said the reason Lady Stoneheart does not appear, is while she makes couple of fan-favorite appearances - her role in the end is unnecessary and appearances are rare, and they don't like to ask a great actress as Michelle Fairley to show up for few short scenes basically as a glorified revenge zombie.

At the same time, I don't know if someone was pranking fans on April 1st or what, but Michelle Fairley profile on IMBD for a few days in April showed her appearing as "hooded woman" in season 5 of GOT, profile was updated to remove that line since then.

So I guess, the answer is you never know!

She would have been fun. Diana Rigg gets only a handful of scenes each year, and does a great job. I don't see any reason why Ms. Fairley wouldn't return for a guest actor spot.

Anyway...that ship has sailed....

I just want to see the Freys get theirs...and the return of Walder Frey (who is brilliantly acted).

I expect to see the BwB next season when Walder Frey is slated to return, according to the actor that plays him.

Yea, I was starting to think the same. My brother and I were talking, and since the Riverlands was omitted this season, it should be one of the primary focuses for next season.

The amount of facial prosthetic work on display in Braavos this week, their practical sfx guys have clearly been very busy and I'm starting to think there's an outside chance she could still make it into the show.

Add to that the fact that Daniel Portman, whose story she is part of, has been the one bigging up the "break the internet" rumour ... (though sounds like any generic bit of hype cast members usually ascribe the finale episode, tbh, and probably refers to Jon getting stabbed.)

It's not over 'til the undead lady sings. The backlash last year left them in no doubt how popular the character was, so .... one way or another, I guess 5x10 really IS the moment of truth. Unless ... well, if she doesn't physically appear we may yet get a tiny bit of set up with Arya/Nymeria hinting at season 6 being - as some above have commented - when The Riverlands kicks off.

Even if the BWB don't resurface, there's no way in hell they'd leave the Blackfish pissing up against that tree; it's a script-writing embarrassment. He has to lead them in his sister's stead. Why? Because unlike Brienne or even Sansa, Blackfish was there! His sister and nephew were slain; Riverrun was stolen from under him. What better set of motivations for a nobleman to turn rogue and dangerous with a band of outlaws do you need??

That said, I'd much rather see him proudly standing behind his sister with Gendry and Thoros in a final scene to get bookreaders on side again and make the wider audience cheer as Freys or Boltons swing.

D&D at the same time prove to everyone they don't have memories like sieves. Thoros ... Gendry .... Blackfish ... what is that, three birds with one stone?

Time is running out for Our Lady now, however, lest her corpse be a mere skeleton. :bawl:

Still can't believe I got stung last week by the fake Black Walder twitter post from last November reappearing on WIC.net and being touted as new info, though. Nope, I never saw it first time around. Yes, I thought it was legit. :frown5:

The Sansa story arc (no Jeyne) and Brienne going north after her imo pretty much rules out Lady Stoneheart any time soon, but then again in the case of Tyrion they just changed the series of events in regards to his travel route and companions. It is quite possible that they will rectify his story and do the same for Brienne and Lady Stoneheart. Why else would they take Brienne and grant her so much screen time in comparison to her minimalistic presence in the books?

hmm, crackpot:

Ramsay tortures sansa to death, or inevitably kills her, or sansa herself takes her own life out of her own merit, Melisandre makes it to the wall, her and stannis find her body, melisandre does something magickal that turns sansa into a lady stoneheart copy, sansa becomes alayne stoneheart and fulfills catelyns storyline. brienne is already there and nearby

hmm, crackpot:

Ramsay tortures sansa to death, or inevitably kills her, or sansa herself takes her own life out of her own merit, Melisandre makes it to the wall, her and stannis find her body, melisandre does something magickal that turns sansa into a lady stoneheart copy, sansa becomes alayne stoneheart and fulfills catelyns storyline. brienne is already there and nearby

Not the single craziest idea ever.

Always seen LSH in the books as a filler,to have someone in the riverlands killing freys so there was revenge for the red wedding without having to sacrifice one of the main characters arc.

like joncon/aegon/ironborn not being in the show because they were not contributing to the end game

If you see Stoneheart as a pointless, mindless zombie, then yes: she diminishes the red wedding.

If you see her a sentient hate-filled remnant, having lost the better part of herself, it only increases its tragic power.

Walder didn't just take her life, he took her soul.

If you see Stoneheart as a pointless, mindless zombie, then yes: she diminishes the red wedding.

If you see her a sentient hate-filled remnant, having lost the better part of herself, it only increases its tragic power.

Walder didn't just take her life, he took her soul.

Right. She dies thinking all of her children are dead. And feels guilt for all of them. Even guilt leading up to it for not being able to love Jon Snow.

So her arc isn't complete IMO, hence the resurrection.

The only thing that makes me think she'll appear is that the comments from the show people all fall just short of "She's definitely not appearing again." They're all cleverly worded to imply that, but stop just short of saying it to that degree. It's reminiscent of how the How I Met Your Mother people answered questions about fan theories about the mother being dead (there are probably many other examples from other TV shows too).

I tend to agree. Fairley has also never outright said she won't be returning to the show, which is an odd approach to take given that the character dies onscreen. I suppose she could be leaving open the possiilitiy of flashbacks (they've never been done until this season), but it seems that at this point she could say "My run with HBO and GoT is over" and not be guilty of spoiling things.

Thing I've noticed is that literally every scene she's in has Brienne mentioning that she swore an oath to Cat to find her girls. So to me that looks like they are repeating that point so viewers don't forget the reason for Brienne's plot.

At the end if the day Brienne's only reason to be in the story at this point revolves solely around Cat, it's where her journey starts way back in S2 and where it should logically end.

Now exactly how they manage that on the show is anyone's guess.

hmm, crackpot:

i don't think this is crackpot at all. in fact it would fit into story nicely...and give sansa something meaningful to do besides be the victim of the week...

Archived