The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

Right, agreed. But given our favorite author was being facetious, not sure he technically meant "1500 manuscript pages."

On the other hand (and I hope it is not too off topic):

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-six-audition-surfaces-online/

Unless I am much mistaken, he has mentioned the 1500 manuscript pages before

I don't think that 1500 pages of manuscript means that the book itself will be 1500 pages.

Indeed.

AGoT was 1,088 manuscript pages

ACoK was 1,184 MS pages

ASoS was 1,521 MS pages

AFFC was 1,063 MS pages

ADWD was 1,510 MS pages

So George envisages TWoW and ADoS as being approximately the same size as ASoS and ADWD.

Is it true that GRRM is having a hard time writing the fall of Storms End? I was reading something along the lines of that not too long ago and was wondering if it was real.

I've not read that before no. Closest I can think was him toying with whether to show it on page or not

Is it true that GRRM is having a hard time writing the fall of Storms End? I was reading something along the lines of that not too long ago and was wondering if it was real.

Yeah, I read that as well. He said something along the lines of "I know you all want to see the fall of SE, the tricky part is where to insert it in the chapter order"

Looks like a Benerro/Moqorro replacement. But wow that lady would have made an excellent Arianne.

I am with you. But I take it as a confirmation that in WOW Moqorro will find his way from Victarion's ship, Iron Victory, to the small counsel ruling Meereen in Dany's absence. Maybe not as confirmation, confirmation is probably not a good word to use here, but still...

Indeed.

AGoT was 1,088 manuscript pages

ACoK was 1,184 MS pages

ASoS was 1,521 MS pages

AFFC was 1,063 MS pages

ADWD was 1,510 MS pages

So George envisages TWoW and ADoS as being approximately the same size as ASoS and ADWD.

I'll take it. I'll take 1,500 manuscript pages, or 1,500 book pages, or 1,000 pages, or any number of pages, frankly, as long as they are published and available to us :-)

On a serious note, thanks for posting this. Encyclopedic knowledge of some of the fans posting here never fails to amaze me.

I'll take it. I'll take 1,500 manuscript pages, or 1,500 book pages, or 1,000 pages, or any number of pages, frankly, as long as they are published and available to us :-)

On a serious note, thanks for posting this. Encyclopedic knowledge of some of the fans posting here never fails to amaze me.

I know, right? All of my book contracts are from the last 5 years. Now everything's based on word count. I can tell you how many words all 5 of my books have, but not how many manuscript pages, (Which at least I do remember from the old submission guidelines are: Times New Roman 12 point Font, double-spaced, with 1 inch margins). I also don't know how many manuscript pages make a book page, especially given that there will be a different amount depending on the format: Hardcover, Trade Paperback, Mass Market, or E-book.

So hearing about George's page count in his drafts is endlessly fascinating.

So according to this, the director for season 6 claims he has read an advance copy of TWOW.

I don't use reddit that much so I dont know, is that guy legit? Like, is that his actual profile, is that REALLY him? I ask all this because him having an advance copy of TWOW is a big thing, it means that the show WONT making stuff up as they go along then..

I ask all this because him having an advance copy of TWOW is a big thing, it means that the show WONT making stuff up as they go along then..

I am so amused by his candid "Yes." and his subsequent silence permeating horror. :D

Btw, the show doesn't make up stuff as they go along. TWoW out in time for S6 or not, they know.

So according to this, the director for season 6 claims he has read an advance copy of TWOW.

Via update to the article:

UPDATE: A very reliable WotW source has confirmed to us that Bender hasn’t seen an advanced copy/draft of The Winds of Winter, and must have confused it with the season 6 outline when answering the question.

I know, right? All of my book contracts are from the last 5 years. Now everything's based on word count. I can tell you how many words all 5 of my books have, but not how many manuscript pages, (Which at least I do remember from the old submission guidelines are: Times New Roman 12 point Font, double-spaced, with 1 inch margins). I also don't know how many manuscript pages make a book page, especially given that there will be a different amount depending on the format: Hardcover, Trade Paperback, Mass Market, or E-book.

Word counts, if you want them:

A Game of Thrones: 298,000

A Clash of Kings: 326,000

A Storm of Swords: 424,000

A Feast for Crows: 300,000

A Dance with Dragons: 422,000

UPDATE: A very reliable WotW source has confirmed to us that Bender hasn’t seen an advanced copy/draft of The Winds of Winter, and must have confused it with the season 6 outline when answering the question.

It's also possible that the TV producers have been giving out the UK 7-volume edition to people to catch up on (as it's more manageable), and we know that AFFC/ADWD (Books 5, 6 and 7 in that version) are still providing material for this season.

I got an average of 278 words per manuscript page for the entire ASOIAF series. AGOT had the least at 273, AFFC the most at 282. I read somewhere once that 300 words per page is the industry standard and then it's modified from there according to the length of the book and whether it's hardcover or not. My paperback edition of ADWD has 402 words per page.

Does anyone here know or have pertinent information on the TWoW chapter that George read at Archipelacon, on Friday?

Just curious if there was any new information gleaned from this?

I read somewhere it was Barristan I

Does anyone here know or have pertinent information on the TWoW chapter that George read at Archipelacon, on Friday?

Just curious if there was any new information gleaned from this?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/115913-archipelacon-grrm-is-goh/?p=7159417

During his recent cons he has read Arriane I, Tyrion I and Barristan I

Archived