The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

I guess it all depends on one's definition of news. I personally think that "Minions at the homestead toiling in the paper mines" is news, and coming directly from the source. :-)

Then you're personally wrong, I'm afraid. If we're to take this as 'news', unofficial or otherwise, literally every word GRRM writes or says could be 'news'. We'd be analysing 999 harmless phrases for every one that indicated something. That would be the opposite of informative. So, we won't be doing it.

Not too mention, this is by far the most respectful thread we've ever had on the development of Winds of Winter. If there is no sticky thread where we can speculate slightly, the modders will be forced to deal with endless numbers of threads that devolved into fights between GRRM bashers and supporters and nobody really wants that.

I don't even check his blog anymore, I come to this thread to see if the book has been announced, but in the interim it's still fun to read whatever the folks have to say.

Can't agree more. I think the tone of the discussion here is pretty mild, and I don't see people bringing up 999 inconsequential things that GRRM said or wrote...I also love coming here to check out what folks have to say. I am definitely not an expert on blog moderation, but compared to vitriol and completely off-topic personal comments I occasionally see elsewhere on Westeros, this thread is refreshingly well-mannered and on point.

A thread devoted to analysing every word GRRM says as though it's news is a disaster waiting to happen. Speaking from experience (read: 12 days of Christmas) people "get hype" even when it's made plain that it's nothing to do with a Winds release date and then you get all the bitter comments about GRRM, speculations on him dying before finishing the series, what are we owed as fans etc. and other inappropriate and offensive comments. So I completely agree with Mormont on this, it's a terrible idea.
And I think this is a good time to say "back on topic" too

Now to return to the subject:

IT IS KNOWN: GRRM visited his publisher's OFFICE yesterday. (Evidenced by this photo) 

https://twitter.com/AnneGroell/status/628327667901812737

However, IT IS NOT KNOWN: whether anything was accomplished regarding TWOW during said visit.

Manuscript hand in... please... eh, who am I kidding... :crying:

More of an opinion piece than anything else, but in my latest blog post, I argue that GRRM cut a partially written Jon Connington chapter to The Winds of Winter and that GRRM may have originally intended for Arianne to meet Aegon at Griffin's Roost. Most of the evidence comes from GRRM's notablog and pieces together scattered pieces of information from it. Again, it's not 100% factual, but there is some strong evidence to suggest that we can consider Connington a confirmed Winds of Winter POV character.

More of an opinion piece than anything else, but in my latest blog post, I argue that GRRM cut a partially written Jon Connington chapter to The Winds of Winter and that GRRM may have originally intended for Arianne to meet Aegon at Griffin's Roost. Most of the evidence comes from GRRM's notablog and pieces together scattered pieces of information from it. Again, it's not 100% factual, but there is some strong evidence to suggest that we can consider Connington a confirmed Winds of Winter POV character.

I follow you on tumblr and just read a third of this while waiting for guitar center to open! Can't wait to read the whole thing later. Looks very compelling

This is the first time making a comment. This may not exactly be on topic. But I was just wondering about Jon Snow and Milisandre (Sp?). I remember her talking to Edric Storm (I thinkit was him) about how the best way to slughter a lamb for sacrifice was to surprise it, so that the fear does not taint the meat. When she looks into the fires... all she sees is snow. I was just thinking that maybe we are all wrong about Jon being resurrected. Maybe Milisandre is behind his death. I think, possibly, she knows that he has king's blood and is going to use that blood to help Stannis. I know that sounds way out there, but GRRM has promised a shocking twist to things, and there are small clues left scattered that serve as proof for just about any kind of theory.

This is the first time making a comment. This may not exactly be on topic. But I was just wondering about Jon Snow and Milisandre (Sp?). I remember her talking to Edric Storm (I thinkit was him) about how the best way to slughter a lamb for sacrifice was to surprise it, so that the fear does not taint the meat. When she looks into the fires... all she sees is snow. I was just thinking that maybe we are all wrong about Jon being resurrected. Maybe Milisandre is behind his death. I think, possibly, she knows that he has king's blood and is going to use that blood to help Stannis. I know that sounds way out there, but GRRM has promised a shocking twist to things, and there are small clues left scattered that serve as proof for just about any kind of theory.

General Winds forum for this, but welcome to commenting.

Also, the scenario you describe is from the show, mixed with stuff from the books :)

GRRM on Stannis:

User: alright mr Martin, lets cut the crap, is Stannis alive or dead

GRRM: In my books? Alive, beyond a doubt.

Now, it's unclear if he's referring to the Theon Sample Chapter which takes chronologically before ADWD, Jon XIII (The Pink Letter) or if he's talking post-ADWD timeline. My thought is that Martin's comment is distinguishing Book-Stannis from Show-Stannis, but we'll see.

Your post, which was a fun read, popped up in my TWOW alerts as a "spoiler" for TWOW by a KPop fan site. http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/232070/20150817/winds-of-winter-release-date-spoilers.htm Officially famous?   :cool4:

Archived