The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

eh, it could be that Jon Snow hadn't been named yet, so it was Howland, Eddard and the as-yet-unnamed baby.

An unnamed baby is still a person. GRRM specified that Ned and Howland were the only two people to leave the tower.

According to some reports:

Someone asked if "Howland, Eddard

and Jon were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive," and GRRM amusedly said that, "Howland and Eddard" were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive. Which seems to throw a wrench in some versions of R+L=J.

Maybe it was a play on words, and it was two people and one dragon.

Ah we're starting to sound a little desperate here because there's another problem

In Lyanna's deathbed scene, she pops her clogs and Lord Eddard sits with her until "they" come. We've never heard who "they" were and while Howland Reed is doubtless a man of parts he doesn't quite qualify as "they" all by himself. Therefore unless you want to postulate a horrid massacre of the innocent to hide the secret, then the deathbed scene did not take place in the tower but somewhere else - most likely at Starfall.

GRRM remember has also long ago warned that the "fever dream" is not literal and therefore while Ned's memories are no doubt accurate and connected the events remembered did not necessarily happen at the same time and in the same place.

In Lyanna's deathbed scene, she pops her clogs and Lord Eddard sits with her until "they" come. We've never heard who "they" were and while Howland Reed is doubtless a man of parts he doesn't quite qualify as "they" all by himself. Therefore unless you want to postulate a horrid massacre of the innocent to hide the secret, then the deathbed scene did not take place in the tower but somewhere else - most likely at Starfall.

GRRM remember has also long ago warned that the "fever dream" is not literal and therefore while Ned's memories are no doubt accurate and connected the events remembered did not necessarily happen at the same time and in the same place.

:agree:

I've found this link about the Q and A

http://ariannenymeria.tumblr.com/post/120152524689/highlights-from-the-q-a-with-grrm-at-conquest

And this regarding the ToJ issue from someone who had been present.

So I never got called on but here's the gist of what people asked (If you were there also, maybe you could elaborate). Also, he read the Sansa chapter that he put up on his website April 2 2015.

Will Jon ever find out that he was legitimised (sp?) by Robb in his Will? - (In George's curious voice) We don't know that is what happened. At this point, the person asking the question tried to get more out of him (unsuccessfully)

Someone asked if "Any other MEN besides Ned and Howland left the ToJ?" GRRM replied with no other MEN left ToJ. (This questions could have been worded a little better to get a better answer) George didn't like this question since the person who asked the above question was kinda pushy.

Others asked about his writing style / habits.

Besides the above two, there weren't any other notable questions I remember.

he specifically said no other Men (When the person tried to clarify her question, she said did any other men leave, he took it and ran with it) . BUT, technically, Jon was a boy :bang: I must say, he really didn't want to answer this question, So I think he just wanted to move on.

I KNEW IT! Nymeria's wolfpack being a plot point is a thing. They will lay siege to the twins. I'm calling it.

Don't have much to siege if you kill every farmer and convoy of food travelling to the castle, don't even need to kill the farmers, winter is taking care of the crops.

Let us not forget Eddard Stark pulled down Rhaegar's tower of joy personally, after a fight to the death with the greatest knight in living memory.

It would have to be his grandfather, for Jory's father was buried far to the south. Martyn Cassel had perished with the rest. Ned had pulled the tower down afterward, and used its bloody stones to build eight cairns upon the ridge. It was said that Rhaegar had named that place the tower of joy, but for Ned it was a bitter memory. They had been seven against three, yet only two had lived to ride away; Eddard Stark himself and the little crannogman, Howland Reed. He did not think it omened well that he should dream that dream again after so many years.

Even with horses, and the help of Howland Reed, it seems highly unlikely this "tower" was the romantic getaway so many people like to believe it was. It was a large pile of rocks, which Ned pulled down to make eight smaller cairns.

Why would he take the time to do this, if he had Jon Snow in his arms to think about? Why would Rhaegar leave Lyanna in desolation, rather than at Starfall with a maester? If she was pregnant, and feverish, it seems a cruel place to leave one's beloved...

Has anyone noticed that it has been quite a while since GRRM last updated his not-a-blog? Is he going into overdrive writing mode?

That's what I'm hoping. I know I usually drop off the face of the planet when I'm in a writing groove, especially when finishing a book.

Has anyone noticed that it has been quite a while since GRRM last updated his not-a-blog? Is he going into overdrive writing mode?

I was thinking the same thing. It seems he's free until the 21st of June - then he'll be spending a week in Europe. I bet he's going to hyper speed and using the next three weeks to get immersed into tWoW.

Are we even sure he's returned from his last trip yet...............just saying, lol

Yes, I was wondering about that also. But I am more pessimistic--I think a likely explanation is he may have gone down with a cold or something. I hope he is not seriously ill.

Could come out? Sure. But if he hints he is being overly optimistic, we should probably take his word for it. He has not really reported progress, just expressed hopes for future progress.

Yes, I was wondering about that also. But I am more pessimistic--I think a likely explanation is he may have gone down with a cold or something. I hope he is not seriously ill.

Isn't he traveling? He doesn't update that thing when he's out of the house right?

Archived