The main reason that Aegon is real that you all forgot

Amir Asaf

Quotes from A wiki of ice and fire (A clash of kings): "One of the visions Daenerys Targaryen sees in the House of the Undying involves Rhaegar, Elia, and Aegon. In this vision, a newborn Aegon nurses from the breast of Elia. The woman is seated in a great wooden bed. Rhaegar decides on the name "Aegon" for his newborn son, as he thinks the name fit for a king. Elia asks whether Rhaegar will make a song for their son. He replies that Aegon already has a song, "the song of ice and fire". Part of his role as "the prince that was promised".

However, Rhaegar then claims that there must be "one more", since "the dragon has three heads". Rhaegar moves to a seat near the window, and picks up a harp. Daenerys listens to the "sweet sadness" of his music as the vision fades away."

If Aegon is the Song of Ice and Fire why would he be dead? Why would the name of the series will be about a song of a dead baby?

I think that Aegon must be alive whether he is the guy who claim to be Aegon, or another person.

And if he is the prince that was promised he must be real...

What do you think?

Rhaegar could have been wrong.

At first, he thought he would be the Prince. Then, he believed it was his son, Aegon, because the signs said so (he was conceived during a comet sighting). There is nothing to indicate he could have been wrong again and the signs he saw he wanted to see them but were not real.

The Rhaegar we saw during the vision was probably part real part fantasy. The scene of them talking about baby Aegon was likely real, but him speaking about "one more" could have been the magic of the HotU making the image of Rhaegar talk to Dany to tell her she needed to find one more Targaryen.

Quotes from A wiki of ice and fire (A clash of kings): "One of the visions Daenerys Targaryen sees in the House of the Undying involves Rhaegar, Elia, and Aegon. In this vision, a newborn Aegon nurses from the breast of Elia. The woman is seated in a great wooden bed. Rhaegar decides on the name "Aegon" for his newborn son, as he thinks the name fit for a king. Elia asks whether Rhaegar will make a song for their son. He replies that Aegon already has a song, "the song of ice and fire". Part of his role as "the prince that was promised".

However, Rhaegar then claims that there must be "one more", since "the dragon has three heads". Rhaegar moves to a seat near the window, and picks up a harp. Daenerys listens to the "sweet sadness" of his music as the vision fades away."

If Aegon is the Song of Ice and Fire why would he be dead? Why would the name of the series will be about a song of a dead baby?

I think that Aegon must be alive whether he is the guy who claim to be Aegon, or another person.

And if he is the prince that was promised he must be real...

What do you think?

Rhaegar believed that his son was TPTWP, that doen't make it so, Aegon V believed he could hatch a dragons egg at Summerhall and we all know how that turned out...

My point is that Rhaegar wrote The Song of Ice and Fire about his Son Aegon, Not TPTWP, and if Aegon is the song of ice and fire (The name of the series), why would he be dead?

Rhaegar didn't write The Song of Ice and Fire, that song predates him (if it was written at all), which is precisely the point made by Rhaegar himself. The song of ice and fire is tied to TPTWP, since his is the song.

Rhaegar didn't write The Song of Ice and Fire, that song predates him (if it was written at all), which is precisely the point made by Rhaegar himself. The song of ice and fire is tied to TPTWP, since his is the song.

"Elia asks whether Rhaegar will make a song for their son. He replies that Aegon already has a song, "the song of ice and fire". Part of his role as "the prince that was promised"."

How can you know it?

I believe Aegon lives. "Rhaegar was wrong" is a poor argument. IMO.

It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise!

Rhaegar was wrong, and that son he was holding is dead

"Elia asks whether Rhaegar will make a song for their son. He replies that Aegon already has a song, "the song of ice and fire". Part of his role as "the prince that was promised"."

How can you know it?

What I know is that TSoIaF is believed to be the song of TPTWP, as stated in an ancient prophecy, read by several people, Maester Aemon, Rhaegar, and others I am sure.

To say, without a doubt, that Aegon is TPTWP, and so he must not be dead just because Rhaegar believed it is hardly proof of anything.

Even if Aegon is alive, that wouldn't mean his father was right, and Aegon is TPTWP.

Whether he's real or not may not even matter. We may never know. What does matter is that there are many people who believe he's real. Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder.

Totally agree, I just don't think that his fathers beliefs are enough to guarantee he survived the sack of KL, I also wonder what (f)Aegon will use to prove his claim.

Totally agree, I just don't think that his fathers beliefs are enough to guarantee he survived the sack of KL, I also wonder what (f)Aegon will use to prove his claim.

He's got the appearance and short temper, along with the support of Jon Connington, whose word will probably be respected in some circles. He's also got some of that "Renly appeal": he's brave and rather likable, so many lords will just go along with him because he's a cool guy.

I'm guessing that after the climax of the story, when the dust is settled and the 2nd long night is over, the last claimants standing will be Shireen and Young Griff, and that they'll avoid further warfare by simply marrying and calling it a day. I have no solid evidence for making this prediction; it's simply how I would end it.

There is the thing about this vision, even if Rhaegar is wrong about Aegon being the PTWP it doesn't mean Aegon isn't really Rhaegar's son. These two things are not necessarily the same. In other words, the vision could be wrong about Aegon being the PTWP, but right about Aegon being a person Dany needs to find. The song of ice and fire could be referring to Jon and the vision is telling Dany in a twisted way, "Find Aegon and Jon". The vision in the HotU could definitely be indicating Aegon is who he thinks he is.

“Prophecy is like a half-trained mule,” Tyrion complained to Jorah Mormont. “It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head.”

That's all you need to know about Rhaegar and his thoughts on TPTWP.

“Prophecy is like a half-trained mule,” Tyrion complained to Jorah Mormont. “It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head.”

That's all you need to know about Rhaegar and his thoughts on TPTWP.

One of my favourite quotes, and it does sum up all to be said about this vision.

Archived