TTTNE 453 - lifejackets anyone?

Gillio

Morning King Tyrion...

i am off to wet a hook....drown a few worms... ;)

So jealous!!

We went to Big Bear earlier this week and I was determined to show my son what fishing is all about. But we only managed an hour out in the 40F weather :lol: man, I really miss fishing.

Speaking of my spawn, he seems to be in this phase of defiance that is really running me ragged :bawl:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KiD :grouphug: :commie: :kiss: :cheers:

My artist is still sick, so we've rescheduled for next week....so now I get to do the living room & hallway carpets too. I wish we could just rip these nasty things out and put in hardwood floors.

Hey, Lany! :kiss:

Gonna bake your lemon cakes. =o)

Oh, nice! I haven't decided yet what I am making tomorrow...not chicken, I do know that much.

Date palm :grouphug: my condolences. Welcome to the thread :)

Lany, I hope you will show us the new ink addition?

I'll be checking out your blog too :drool:

Koba!!!! Welcome home :kiss:

I will. Just delayed a wee bit, but I am still excited. This guy has done some really lovely trees.

:kiss: to you too, Herzen...here's one song for you :)

Remember how I told you I'm going to comic con in Dubai this yer cause William Shatner is one of the guest....I forgot to go!!!! Can you imagine. Last three days I was sooooo busy with my b-day party bbq and easter Friday (which was this Friday for us Ortodox Christians) and I forgot. Yesterday I was coloring eggs whole day and only in the evening I turned on my computer and there it was,an add for comic con and I remember only then :( It was too late by then. I'll go next year. Sorry I didn't get you that autograph,

Nice to see you popping in :grouphug:

And that really sucks. I have done something similar before :(

Happy birthday, KiD! :)

It would be OK if we had a bit of a floob, tbh. I can't speak for Westeros as a whole but the entire forum games has been slow the last half year.

Hi Rox!
Ygrain is the friend who got you into Westeros? Wow. She's one of the first (if not THE first) people I friended on this site. In addition to being very smart in her positions and arguments, she remained rational & unemotional when folks around her were losing their minds. I've always had high regard for people like that.
I have also pmed her about various theories on the R+L thread because I value her judgement.

Hey KT I!
How are things? Are you having a nice spring? Lots of flowers? You know if you ever feel like posting pictures around town where you live (especially at this beautiful time of year) I promise I will do the same from here (I love spammer's photos).

Do you not know that the floob is an evil annoying thing that crashes the board and haunts the good people of Westeros? :O Gillio's suggestion about lifejackets is very opportune. :P

I think the name reads a bell, but I cannot say I know the person ...

Here is a silly picture for you. :lol: I took it yesterday quite near to my uni.

Lol, i'm exactly the same with the social stuff. I can't ever tell what's a casual invitation, what's serious, what's ok to blow off, how seriously I should take getting blown off...at some point it's just too much to keep stressing about, but it can be lonely.

What Erasmus program are you doing, and where?

I'm looking into the Erasmus Mundus ones, that are split between several different countries and universities. There's quite a few in Urbanism/planning/geography/development type fields (which makes sense, I suppose) but, yeah, it will take ages - I'll need to apply in like December 2015 for programs starting September 2016, and at the moment I'm already taking MA courses here ahead of getting properly accepted next year, so maybe it will be a bit pointless to try and transfer at that point. (On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I don't want my BA and MA to be from the same insititution and also that Jerusalem will drive me completely crazy by a year from now. Doing an MA for the sake of it seems pointless as well if it's keeping me tied down to a city I don't want to be in.)

I am glad somebody understands my problem with overthinking. :cheers:

I am doing a one-semester Erasmus exchange in Vienna. I am studying German language and literature on the Master level (at home uni I also study Slovene), well I mainly chose the literature subjects.

I know some people that are doing an Erasmus Mundus, but in a completely different field (medieval literature), they seem to be quite happy with it. I guess it cannot hurt if you apply? Maybe you could find some work to do for the year in between if you do not want to continue studying where you are? I do not know.

Hello everyone

I missed you all good people of spam.

Life was busy,I was away for so long I have no idea what happened,what did I miss???

No big news here in the desert. Kiddies are fine,I was on vacation so I haven't seen them in a while. I'm starting to work tomorrow....don't want to really but alas...I have to.

Went to the vacation to Jordan,saw Petra and Dead see,it was amazing. I want to go back again and see it one more time. It's very very beautiful.

There is one happy news,I'm going to be an aunt ,my hubby's sister is pregnant so I'm shopping for cute nerdy presents for the baby.

Kobaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :grouphug:

Your holiday seem amazin and congratulations on pending auntship. ;)

Otherwise, I'm working on this translation for a friend-of-a-friend...it's just terrible. Seriously, hopelessly badly written.. It's supposed to be an academic paper, and if I was the one checking it I wouldn't even give it a pass. I feel irrationally guilty about charging money for something i know is terrible - I'm trying to edit and clean up a bit as I go along with translating, but the underlying material just isn't there and there's only so much I can do. At least it's almost comically bad, in parts.

I had to proofread a Ba degree of my friend, just for grammar. It was really bad, but I could not bring myself to telling her that (it would not have helped any anyway because she had to present it in like two days or so). So I know how that feels. She then got a very good grade and I thought ... if I were the mentor, I would probably not even allow her to present it in such a state. Some months ago, I also proofread a text that was supposed to be an article for the student paper, and it was not good either, plus the author was kind of self-promoting his own work in it, which I think it a bit unfair. I could not help myself and wrote some comments in regards to the contents of the text too (I am just the grammar editor otherwise), and the other editor said she completely agreed with me and she has already spoken to the author with those comments, but he was not to be persuaded to change some things. My regard for the author fell quite a bit that day. Ah well.

Poking my head in to say hello, I missed you spammers

Hi! Welcome back, I do not think we have met, but nice to meet you. *curtsey*

I am glad somebody understands my problem with overthinking. :cheers:

I am doing a one-semester Erasmus exchange in Vienna. I am studying German language and literature on the Master level (at home uni I also study Slovene), well I mainly chose the literature subjects.

I know some people that are doing an Erasmus Mundus, but in a completely different field (medieval literature), they seem to be quite happy with it. I guess it cannot hurt if you apply? Maybe you could find some work to do for the year in between if you do not want to continue studying where you are? I do not know.

Oh, I understand, trust me. Other People - can't live without them, can't figure out what the hell they want to save your life.

Re Masters - it's kind of backwards at the moment, with work. I'm starting a job next week I'm really excited about, that's very much what I want to be doing professionally, and it ties me down for a year. (I mean, that's fine - it's what I want to be doing in and of itself and I want that year of experience on my CV. It just means postponing any going-abroad ambitions as well.) Since it's part-time, and since I'm here anyway, and since Israeli higher education is fairly affordable and i've still got a few last drabs of my undergrad to finish so I'm at the university anyway...why not, I'll start the MA. (And really, i'm a touch underqualified for the job, in some ways, and I think it was kind of tacitly understood when they hired me that I am at least studying.)

Eh, I know there's really no point in fretting about any of it right now. Who knows what kind of stuff might come up or alternatively go nowhere in six months or a year. All I can do is apply to anything that looks interesting and see where it goes.

I had to proofread a Ba degree of my friend, just for grammar. It was really bad, but I could not bring myself to telling her that (it would not have helped any anyway because she had to present it in like two days or so). So I know how that feels. She then got a very good grade and I thought ... if I were the mentor, I would probably not even allow her to present it in such a state. Some months ago, I also proofread a text that was supposed to be an article for the student paper, and it was not good either, plus the author was kind of self-promoting his own work in it, which I think it a bit unfair. I could not help myself and wrote some comments in regards to the contents of the text too (I am just the grammar editor otherwise), and the other editor said she completely agreed with me and she has already spoken to the author with those comments, but he was not to be persuaded to change some things. My regard for the author fell quite a bit that day. Ah well.

Lol, that's what I'm worried about now. I'm with this girl on a team in one organization I volunteer with, and I worry now I'm not going to take her as seriously as I should. It wasn't just an academically dodgy last-minute late-night thing, it was vapid and uncritical, in fields related to what we're working on! (On the other hand - I'm done! Need to bill her now...I'm going to undercharge her a bit, can't bring myself not to.)

I suddenly recalled that two days ago someone asked me what country's Netflix I have... don't remember who, but it's the Dutch Netflix, in case you're out there and still wondering :P

Mother of rumors right? ;) hihihihhihi

It's good to be back FoMN,how's life? How's writing? :)

Life is pretty good. The writing isn't as fast as I'd like it to be fun, but fun. :)

Zar has said goodbye, Potato has left again - this time for good he told First (am I remembering correctly, First?).

He didn't say that literally, but I got the idea that it was for good. He sent PMs to me and a numbers saying that he was leving and nothing else, and he deleted his account.

So I've been out in the backyard gardening and pulling up grass (mostly weeds) to make way for some new things. I noticed the neighbor has a kumquat tree that seems to be housing a bird family.

Those bird parents are pretty remarkable. I've watched them fend off crows and bigger birds. And today I let my elderly cats in the back to get some fresh air and sun and omg my Ragdoll immediately went over to check out the bird family.

She got divebombed mercilessly :lol: and ran back into the house.

I love nature. It's like it's own soap opera.

Oh, I understand, trust me. Other People - can't live without them, can't figure out what the hell they want to save your life.

Re Masters - it's kind of backwards at the moment, with work. I'm starting a job next week I'm really excited about, that's very much what I want to be doing professionally, and it ties me down for a year. (I mean, that's fine - it's what I want to be doing in and of itself and I want that year of experience on my CV. It just means postponing any going-abroad ambitions as well.) Since it's part-time, and since I'm here anyway, and since Israeli higher education is fairly affordable and i've still got a few last drabs of my undergrad to finish so I'm at the university anyway...why not, I'll start the MA. (And really, i'm a touch underqualified for the job, in some ways, and I think it was kind of tacitly understood when they hired me that I am at least studying.)

Eh, I know there's really no point in fretting about any of it right now. Who knows what kind of stuff might come up or alternatively go nowhere in six months or a year. All I can do is apply to anything that looks interesting and see where it goes.

Lol, that's what I'm worried about now. I'm with this girl on a team in one organization I volunteer with, and I worry now I'm not going to take her as seriously as I should. It wasn't just an academically dodgy last-minute late-night thing, it was vapid and uncritical, in fields related to what we're working on! (On the other hand - I'm done! Need to bill her now...I'm going to undercharge her a bit, can't bring myself not to.)

Re other people: exactly. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the new job then, sounds exciting! I hope the education situation works out for you in the best way you do not know yet too. :)

Both examples I brought up were not free, one was for a friend and a degree and we just do that, exchange things to check and all. The student paper runs wholly on voluntary basis ... I should check when the issue is coming out anyway, the thing is not really up to date.

Life is pretty good. The writing isn't as fast as I'd like it to be fun, but fun. :)

He didn't say that literally, but I got the idea that it was for good. He sent PMs to me and a numbers saying that he was leving and nothing else, and he deleted his account.

About writing, I was just lurking on the Boarders Writing thread, and must say how I admire all you patient hard-working people writing ... I often think "that would make a good story!", and then end up not writing anything. I wrote two short story thinges that my friend put in the online magazine she publishes, but that was a few years ago ... I had a dream of being a writer once, had some sort of a land and main characters invented and a few chapters written, but given it up, I do not know when myself ...

Now I am hoping, and probably having a better shot at ever having a scientific article published than fiction. :P

ETA: You cannot delete an account, he just deleted everybody from his friends list and changed his name.

To be fair, he didn't delete his account, he just changed his name to N/A, un-friended everyone and deleted his profile picture.

His account is right here.

JAMIE! How are you dear? Took me a minute to remember you changed your name!

What was Stunts' previous name?

To be fair, he didn't delete his account, he just changed his name to N/A, un-friended everyone and deleted his profile picture.

His account is right here.

Oh, I thought the N/A meant that he had deleted it.

Archived