MLB 2015: We Heart A-Rod

Myshkin

Like I said... :lol:

Ah Cubs/Cardinals...

From 5-0 Cubs to 10-8 Cards. Little Pedro still doesn't look happy, but I am.

I know it's not going to last, but Twins just beat A's to move to two games above .500. Happy-niss.

You can thank my Sox for a good number of those wins. Sigh.

I wonder how long Robin Ventura has with a manager like Gardenhire just waiting to be picked up (at least I think he is hearing offers?).

You can thank my Sox for a good number of those wins. Sigh.

I wonder how long Robin Ventura has with a manager like Gardenhire just waiting to be picked up (at least I think he is hearing offers?).

Sox are having a rough start to the year. It can't possibly last - there's too much talent on the squad. And Sale isn't going to get shelled too often like Twins managed last week.

Sox are having a rough start to the year. It can't possibly last - there's too much talent on the squad. And Sale isn't going to get shelled too often like Twins managed last week.

This Tigers series will really go a long way to determining Ventura's fate.

This Tigers series will really go a long way to determining Ventura's fate.

You really think so? Season's barely a month old. I hate the White Sox with a fiery passion, and I think Nolan Ryan beating the heck out of a charging Robin Ventura is one of the funniest moments of all baseball time...but really pulling the plug after not even a fifth of the games are in the bag?

I think he's on thinner ice than any other manager/coach in the Key Reinsdorf era. If they lay an egg and get swept at home, they have to consider it.

My favorite White Sox stat right now is that they've got 4 steals as a team. FOUR. Anthony Rizzo alone has a career high of 8 at the moment.

The Sox had the expectations and they're far from being met right now.

MLB Network is currently discussing who the top four living baseball players are, and surprisingly Rickey Henderson is getting a lot of love. Not that I disagree, for my money Hendo's the greatest ever, but he usually gets passed over when these types of discussions role around. My four are:

Rickey Henderson

Hank Aaron

Sandy Koufax

Willie Mays

I'm obviously leaving out guys who we know or very strongly suspect juiced.

MLB Network is currently discussing who the top four living baseball players are, and surprisingly Rickey Handerson is getting a lot of love. Not that I disagree, for my money Hendo's the greatest ever, but he usually gets passed over when these types of discussions role around. My four are:

Rickey Henderson

Hank Aaron

Sandy Koufax

Willie Mays

MLB Network is currently discussing who the top four living baseball players are, and surprisingly Rickey Handerson is getting a lot of love. Not that I disagree, for my money Hendo's the greatest ever, but he usually gets passed over when these types of discussions role around. My four are:

Rickey Henderson

Hank Aaron

Sandy Koufax

Willie Mays

Think you kinda have to seperate pitchers and position players. Two very different animals, IMHO. Like your 4, outside of that.

I think you are vastly overrating Koufax, based on your own bias. Barely makes the top 4 pitchers. That MLB is offering a vote without mentioning Bob Gibson is a shameful, shameful state.

Think you kinda have to seperate pitchers and position players. Two very different animals, IMHO. Like your 4, outside of that.

If we did that then I'd go:

Hendo

Aaron

Mays

... Fourth one's hard. Maybe Ken Griffey Jr.

Koufax

Bob Gibson

Greg Maddux

Nolan Ryan

I think you are vastly overrating Koufax, based on your own bias. Barely makes the top 4 pitchers. That MLB is offering a vote without mentioning Bob Gibson is a shameful, shameful state.

It's possible, but I don't think so. Koufax is a legend, and yeah his career was cut short, but when he was playing he was dominant. And if I am overrating him due to my Dodger bias I'd say it would be closer to "slightly" than "vastly".

Verlander's message to his haters is pretty sweet.

The alleged success to Ricky Henderson's greatness is a combination of push-ups and ice cream. The Oakland teams of 88-89 were amazing to watch.

Why does Nelson Cruz keep changing teams? Guy is pretty unreal.

I was really depressed to find out my favorite Rickey Henderson story wasn't true...

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/the-hendersonolerud-story-three-adaptations/

Nothing you've ever heard about Rickey is either true, or untrue. Humans do not have the cognitive capacity to understand Him, and so you've built an elaborate mythology to try to define Him.

Nothing you've ever heard about Rickey is either true, or untrue. Humans do not have the cognitive capacity to understand Him, and so you've built an elaborate mythology to try to define Him.

That's as good a definition of Henderson as I've heard. Truly one of a kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WFW8uO8Jcw

ETA: Take out the brooms. Suck it, Sox.

All we needed was for their mediocre pitchers to continue to be mediocre, or at least "kinda bad" and win a bunch of 6-5 games. But Jesus, the Sox rotation and relief are league-leadingly awful.

By the way, are the Yankees really going to weasel out of paying A-Rod his bonus for shitting all over Willie Mays' record? I get that A-Rod is even more hateable than Peak Bighead Bonds, but I thought a contract was a contract, and fuck them for trying to pretend that they had no idea he was an unlikable roider when they gave him that stupid contract.

Archived