MLB 2015: We Heart A-Rod

Myshkin

After the first week I was whining to my friends about Yanks offense being awful and now we have the second most runs in the majors, such a pleasant surprise. Here's hoping to Pineda staying healthy!

Those were the days.

CC put the weight back on to no avail.

Lame. Super lame. Donny Baseball decides to sit Bolsinger in the 9th, even though he'd faced the minimum through 8, and had only thrown 92 pitches. Why do that? Why take Bolsinger's chance away from him? Why take it away from us?

Lame. Super lame. Donny Baseball decides to sit Bolsinger in the 9th, even though he'd faced the minimum through 8, and had only thrown 92 pitches. Why do that? Why take Bolsinger's chance away from him? Why take it away from us?

His arm would've exploded in the 9th...obvi.

Michael Wacha is doing great; 7-0 with a 1.87 ERA. Very encouraging and needed with Wainwright's injury.

But this Shelby Miller trade does not look good at the moment. Yes, it's early, but Miller has a 1.50 ERA in 9 starts for Atlanta. And trading him to pick up Hayward makes less sense if Grichuk is going to be legit which seems like he might be.

The Mets got my hopes up this year, and now look increasingly fucked by the day. After being out with hamstring pain, then lower back pain, David Wright has been diagnosed with a potentially career ending injury. It's like this franchise was built on a fucking Indian burial ground.

The Mets got my hopes up this year, and now look increasingly fucked by the day. After being out with hamstring pain, then lower back pain, David Wright has been diagnosed with a potentially career ending injury. It's like this franchise was built on a fucking Indian burial ground.

Holy shit. I hadn't realized that Wright's deal was that ominous. I dislike the Mets as all reasonable people do, but I hate seeing good players fucked by injuries.

At least you guys have this deGrom fool.

But this Shelby Miller trade does not look good at the moment. Yes, it's early, but Miller has a 1.50 ERA in 9 starts for Atlanta. And trading him to pick up Hayward makes less sense if Grichuk is going to be legit which seems like he might be.

It's still early, but hopefully the Braves can make up for trading Wainwright to the Cards all those years ago.Shelby has been great so far. I enjoyed watching Hayward while he was in Atlanta, but I don't think he'll be worth the contract I assume he will get when he hits free agency. I do hope he can put it all together in the next few years though.

Holy shit. I hadn't realized that Wright's deal was that ominous. I dislike the Mets as all reasonable people do, but I hate seeing good players fucked by injuries.

At least you guys have this deGrom fool.

If we didn't have deGrom & Harvey, plus a few other top pitching prospects, I'd have no hope at all. If David Wright manages to find his way back and perform I still think this team can get a wildcard slot, but spinal stenosis is very bad news and it's hard to feel like he'll ever come back, let alone be the same David Wright.

Also, I didn't realize there were people who disliked the Mets- they're just so pitiable all the time. :lol:

The Metropolitans are a bit silly, but they're a properly respectful organization. I think that's one of the very few things both Dodgers and Giants fans can agree on.

It's still early, but hopefully the Braves can make up for trading Wainwright to the Cards all those years ago.Shelby has been great so far. I enjoyed watching Hayward while he was in Atlanta, but I don't think he'll be worth the contract I assume he will get when he hits free agency. I do hope he can put it all together in the next few years though.

I thought it was a bad deal at the time, but that's probably an inflated sense of Heyward's worth. He's one of those players who does a lot of things really well and seems capable of breaking out into superstar mode at any time - then he gets off to a start like he has this season and you just scratch your head.

Meanwhile, Miller has already been better than I ever imagined he would with the Braves.

All that said, Miller would have to turn in a career of sustained excellence on par with this season to make up for that godawful Wainwright trade.

Archived