Littlefinger's fate

G-Stark

What is it, or rather who is it, that Littlefinger has always dreamed of?

Catelyn Stark.

The 'cat'alyst for everything, the ruin of the Starks, the chaos at Kings Landing, the deaths... the oh so many deaths, Petyr Baelish's entire reason for being.

So wouldn't it be ironic if it came full circle and Littlefinger shuffles off this mortal coil at the hands of Lady Stoneheart? Forget the Freys, this would be the ultimate vengeance.

The last we hear of Brienne and Jaimie is that Brienne has info on Sansa's whereabouts. But we can assume that she is going to lure him back to LS. What if they don't get that far and actually bump into Sansa (and Littlefinger) on the road. They get them back to BwB (probably by force), Jaimie scoots off to Casterly Rock to fulfil his Valonquar bit, and Brienne has a juicier prize to offer LS.

Crackpot maybe, but Sansa and Littlefinger's movements in the show have given me this line of thinking. It just might work.

With the way things currently stand within the book, I cannot imagine Littlefinger leaving the safety of the Vale by choice. The Vale is 'impregnable' and given that the remainder of Westeros is a war zone, Littlefinger would be daft to leave his safe nest (and Littlefinger may be many things, but daft ain't one of them!).

Also,

given Littlefinger's food hoarding in the new chapter, I think Littlefinger is getting himself very nice and comfy in the Vale for the time being.

So the action would either need to come to the Vale itself for LS to encounter Littlefinger, or Littlefinger and Sansa would need to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

But yes, Lady Stoneheart having her vengeance on Littlefinger would be a sweet ending.

I think Littlefinger will finally be pushed out of the moon door by Lady Stoneheart, as he did with her sister Lysa. Not that she'd long for revenge for Lysa's death, but as Tully's motto is: Family, Duty, Honor, I think it's only likely that Catelyn/LS will let Littlefinger die the same way.

My prediction: Sansa will somehow reunite with Catelyn/LS and turn the Lords of the Vale against Littlefinger by publicly announcing his deeds, but before Littlefinger can be tried, Lady Stoneheart brings him to the Eyrie (maybe committing suicide herself after her "mission" to kill Littlefinger is accomplished). The way he dealt with Sansa/Alayne may be another factor for LS to seek vengeance, and she'll be likely not to allow any apologizes.

We were already told how "A maid with purple serpents in her hair slaying a giant in a castle made of snow". Winter is coming, and soon every castle will be covered in snow. The where isn't really important, but the maid is Sansa, the purple serpents are the strangler beads that last time we were told she still had, and the giant is LF, who's fathers sigil was the titan of Bravos.

The more LF developed as a character the less convinced I was that he was doing this ALL for Cateyln and how he never got her. My guess is he wants chaos for the sake of chaos. It probably started off as his way of revenge but eventually just became him wanting to have control over everything and decide the fate of everyone.

We were already told how "A maid with purple serpents in her hair slaying a giant in a castle made of snow".

Yeah I agree. The GOHH prophecy is definitely about sansa. Can't get a link to it right now but there was this really good post explaining how "slaying a giant in a castle made of snow" is really saying Petyr will try to rape her but she'll "slay" him.

We were already told how "A maid with purple serpents in her hair slaying a giant in a castle made of snow". Winter is coming, and soon every castle will be covered in snow. The where isn't really important, but the maid is Sansa, the purple serpents are the strangler beads that last time we were told she still had, and the giant is LF, who's fathers sigil was the titan of Bravos.

I believe the purple serpents were about killing Joffrey and it goes 'I saw that same maid again slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow' ( don't have the exact quote. Anyway, don't think the serpents are in reference to the giant slaying but they are two separate killings. Both by Sansa though.

I believe the purple serpents were about killing Joffrey and it goes 'I saw that same maid again slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow' ( don't have the exact quote. Anyway, don't think the serpents are in reference to the giant slaying but they are two separate killings. Both by Sansa though.

Even if the giant is LF, it can be figurative.

LF is a subtle man. And IMHO, her contribution to his death should also be something subtle. Something that will reveal all his scheming and will rise all Westeros against him.

I think Sansa will ultimately destroy him. Sansa heard Lyssa confess LFs involvement in Jon Arryn's murder just prior to being thrown through the moon door which is what prompted Ned to head to KL as Hand. This probably hasn't crystallized in her mind yet. If Sandor Clegane gets off the QI and reconnects with Sansa (which I believe will happen) then LF is toast. Or Sansa is but I believe it will be LF. Sandor was in the throne room when LF betrayed Ned Stark to his death and unlike LF Hounds don't lie. Sansa believes her entire family to be dead and she will see LF as rightly responsible for it.

Even if the giant is LF, it can be figurative.

LF is a subtle man. And IMHO, her contribution to his death should also be something subtle. Something that will reveal all his scheming and will rise all Westeros against him.

I agree, that the giant could be figurative. Plus the Titan of bravoos was the original sigil of his house (I have my own crackpot with like no textual evidence who it is but I see LF as the most likely if that doesn't happen).

Just pointing out in the post that I don't think the purple serpents are part of the savage giant slaying. That IMO it refers to two separate instances (1) Joffrey with the purple serpents and (2) whoever the savage giant is.

LF will, IMO, definitely get it but I think that it will either be Sansa or Arya who kills him. Sansa is sort of under his spell now but in part that's because she has no where else to turn. If Arya comes back into her life , and especially if Sansa becomes a rallying point for the Northern Lords, then I see Sansa realizing the she has grown beyond LF, and especially if he tries to well, shall we say, become romantically involved with her.

Could be, but there are too many people who have a bone to pick with LF: Tyrion, Edmure, Blackfish, Arya, Stannis, Barristan, Jeyne Poole, Yohn Royce, you name it. Hell, even Sweetrobin.

Especially Sweetrobin. LF murdered his dad, his mom, and is planning to murder him. If someone deserves to kill LF is Sweetrobin

So Stoneheart better gets in line

This is what I tend to think as well. Littlefinger is extremely clever, but Sansa is his weakness. I think she is the only one who will be able to get close enough to get under his guard and outsmart him, but I don't know for sure if she will actually kill him herself or if she will just be the architect of his doom, causing his death by someone else's hand.

Could be, but there are too many people who have a bone to pick with LF: Tyrion, Edmure, Blackfish, Arya, Stannis, Barristan, Jeyne Poole, Yohn Royce, you name it. Hell, even Sweetrobin.

Especially Sweetrobin. LF murdered his dad, his mom, and is planning to murder him. If someone deserves to kill LF is Sweetrobin

So Stoneheart better gets in line

Yes, Sweetrobin has every cause. I'm not sure, but I don't think he will live to see that. Tyrion is still Sansa's husband. And I would think he will remain so. Tyrion problems with the Starks were coming from LF. And I think he has good cause also. I would believe Tyrion will be the one holding the knife.

Basically Sweetrobin will do LF in IMO

As I've said in another thread about Lady Stoneheart she is symbolic of the Riverlands of old being dead on its feet basically

People groan but "resurrected" characters are symbolic, eg Ser Robert Strong a symbol of the Kingsguard as an institution is dead on its feet, Beric was symbolic of the honour of the old Seven Kingdoms plus Roberts short-lived dynasty was dead on its feet etc

In this case the fact Catelyn Stark is Lady Stoneheart when attributed to Littlefinger still holds importance given the "Only Cat" line to Lysa after the Red Wedding has occurred. As when applied to the present tense of that moment after she has officially died, the person of his affection still somewhat "lives" perversely in the form of Lady Stoneheart. This is a bit of a clue that Littlefinger has seen the best days of executing whatever his plan is (probably turning Westeros into a de facto Vassal of Braavos ruled by a merchant class via debt servitude/enslavement) and that it is also dead on its feet in effect.

A clue IMO that he is set to die in WoW, quite fitting that IMO it will come from an anti-Bran Greenseer/magical type figure in the guise of Sweetrobin, someone who is no politician in any sense and as such totally immune to LF's MO of manipulation.

The inverse of LF killing his wife Lysa (SR mother) out of a weird love/obsession for Cat being projected onto Sansa in a mother-daughter way would find its inverse in SR killing LF out of an obsession for Alayne who he is projecting Lysa onto as a mother-to-wife figure so it makes sense

Littlefinger likes to see chaos. He has to know that Cersie is a little unbalanced. (It was the nicest thing I could think of). To push Cersie to the brink, a mere rumor of Tyrion or Sansa being in Casterly Rock would be enough to cause her to send half her army/navy to protect what she holds dear. She is deluded enough to think she is Tywin reincarnated or something. When Cersie reveals she is totally insane, she kills Tommen. In her weird way, she is trying to keep him safe. (I think HBO foreshadowed this.) Jamie becomes the valquor, and kills Cersie. That puts an end to Sansa being a traitor.

While Cersie is off fighting shadows, Sansa is brought back to her mother. Now, keep in mind that Cat is now a mindless zombie, hell-bent on revenge. In the craziness, Cat finally dies. (The idea of undead people is a little far fetched for my taste.) Littlefinger goes a little crazy with the grief of his beloved Cat is dead (especially if it is somehow his fault). In his grief, he lets slip something he never meant to tell Sansa. Sansa, although holding a mighty grudge against Petyr, allows some of his schemes to unfold. They wind up back in Winterfell. Littlefinger's plan to reinstate her as the heir of Winterfell is successful. At the height of his success, Sansa orders his death after revealing ever secret he ever told her. Littlefinger's head winds up decorating Winterfell's gates during the rebuild. Sansa goes on to marry some guy who is very nice to her (God knows she deserves somebody being nice to her.) and they live happily ever after.

Archived