General consensus on Greens vs Black

I was just wondering on who the majority of people supported during the dance.

I found myself rooting for the blacks. Which is funny cause I didnt like Rhaenyra, nor did I dislike Aegon. It was Alicent and Otto Hightower that did it for me. They were so grasping that I wanted them to fail from the first. There is nothing wrong with ambition, I just hated the way they went about things. The perfect solution to the situation was to have Aegon and Rhaenyra marry but the fact that Alicent wanted this made me not want it to happen.

In short, I hate that bitch.

Who did you guys support and why?

Blacks. Not only because all my fav characters were Black or because they were effing awesome but because the Greens started everything when they killed Viserys and then killed Rhaenyra's boys. Sorry but apart from Jaehaera, Jaehaerys and Maelor I don't feel sorry for anyone else. However I still find B&C awesome and the fact that everyone from Hellicent's line died great and I only wish that Hellicent lived enough to see Rheanyra's son to become the King on his own and having children which would mean that Rhaenyra won.

I wouldn't say I support either of them strongly, but I've always had more sympathy for the Blacks. Although I like Daeron the Daring and feel sorry for Haelena and her kids.

I felt most sorry for the dragons, though. They almost died out and we're blamed for everything, when it was really the fault of their human masters.

I think that a marriage between Rhaenyra and Aegon would have been an unmitigated disaster, they probably would have hated each other and constantly fought for control and power.

Best people on either side were Addam and Corlys (Blacks) and Daeron (Greens). Daemon was more interesting than almost all of them, though not a particularly nice person. Jacaerys (Rhaenyra's heir) seemed like a decent guy.

Aemond was the least likeable, followed by Aegon and Rhaenyra themselves, and then the Hightowers.

Thus I favoured the Blacks.

I came out favoring the Greens for two reasons; one is that the Lannisters were on the Green side and because I don't support the idea that a king can do whatever he likes. There are laws and traditions that are to be followed, even for kings.

But as it is, I don't have any particular bad will towards almost anyone in the Black team, save those damnable Greyjoys...

I came out favoring the Greens for two reasons; one is that the Lannisters were on the Green side and because I don't support the idea that a king can do whatever he likes. There are laws and traditions that are to be followed, even for kings.

The lawa also said that incest was not an option but Aegon II still married Helaena. :P

But as it is, I don't have any particular bad will towards almost anyone in the Black team, save those damnable Greyjoys...

Then Jaehaerys should not have been allowed to do as he liked and name his heir, either. By laws and tradition, Rhaenys should have gotten the throne. If not she, then at least Laenor when he was up against Viserys. The council of 101 also went against rules and tradition and the senior claim.

The lawa also said that incest was not an option but Aegon II still married Helaena. :P

And there we have a conflict of law against tradition, in which tradition won. If you can have the support of either one of those two I am totally open to discussion, but if you can't lean on either, you're in the "No" parts.

Then Jaehaerys should not have been allowed to do as he liked and name his heir, either. By laws and tradition, Rhaenys should have gotten the throne. If not she, then at least Laenor when he was up against Viserys. The council of 101 also went against rules and tradition and the senior claim.

In terms of tradition, I don't think that Jaehaerys should have been allowed to do so. Rhaenys should have gotten the throne, yes.

But then again we come to the idea of what the Great Council means. As far as I see it, the Great Council is in the "law" part and I think that a Great Council is a much better way to solve these kinds of disputes than the whim of a single individual, which I think that the Old King realized as well, but then again one could argue that a Great Council is under the "whim of a king" part. Its an interesting subject to discuss and one that I don't think anything will be lost IF we discuss it.

But in essence I think that the crown should have passed to Rhaenys after the Old King's death and then, at least I think so, her son, as well as her husband, should have taken the Targaryen name.

Best people on either side were Addam and Corlys (Blacks) and Daeron (Greens).

I'd add Corlys' lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen to those myself truly 'the Queen who never was' and arguably a far worthier candidate than Viserys or either of his competing heirs. Can I wish for the Velaryons to usurp the throne in Rhaenys' name rather than have to declare for the 'Pots' or the 'Kettles'?

Rhaenyra only ever commanded the execution of confirmed traitors. Addam was only supposed to be arrested not executed. There were no mass executions.

Rhaenyra being heir was essentially an outgrowth of the problematic decision of Jaehaerys/the Great Council against Rhaenys/Laenor. If Rhaenys had ruled, things would have been very different. Laenor could have married Rhaenyra to unite the lines, and Daemon could have served both Rhaenyra and Laenor as paramour - everyone would have been happy ;-).

Tell that to Jaehaerys, Maegor, and Rhaenyra herself, who married her cousin and uncle.

Cousin and uncle isn't incest, brother-sister was. The point is that when it was about the Targs they never give a second damn about anything else than what they wanted.

Hellicent didn't order torture or mass executions so far as I recall.

Rhaenyra only ever commanded the execution of confirmed traitors. Addam was only supposed to be arrested not executed. There were no mass executions.

this. But you are right Hellicent only caused a war.

Neither, but if I had to choose, it'd be the blacks, simply because the only seemingly decent Targ in the Green side was just Daeron, where as the blacks had the Rhaenrya's children and Rhaenys.

Also, most of the Black supporters were pretty cool, were as the only Green supporrter I respect is Hobert Hightower.

I found myself rooting for the blacks. Which is funny cause I didnt like Rhaenyra, nor did I dislike Aegon. It was Alicent and Otto Hightower that did it for me. They were so grasping that I wanted them to fail from the first. There is nothing wrong with ambition, I just hated the way they went about things. The perfect solution to the situation was to have Aegon and Rhaenyra marry but the fact that Alicent wanted this made me not want it to happen.

My thoughts exactly, I pretty much hated Alicent Hightower which blinded me to there entire side.

Worth a reread now that I think about it trying to remove my dislike for her

I was like that Aegon has to win. Aegon was the son of king Viserys, he had to inherit, not Rhaenyra. But Viserys wanted to make Rhaenyra his heir and both of them (Viserys and Rhaenyra) was a prick. So I wanted Aegon to win, which happened, but still not much later Rhaenyra's son became the king -.-

I think Rhaenyra was so ambitious and she wanted everything so much that she doesn't even care about her children or anything else. She was a failure. I think the best solution would be:

Rhaenyra shut the fuck up

Aegon becomes king in peace

Aegon's son marries Rhaneryra's daughter if she would born alive

Happiness

The Blacks, The throne was Rhaenyra's by rights, Aegon was a prick, I liked her a lot and found that the unlikable aspects to her were most likely the bias of the Maester, how did she cut herself on the IT when wearing full plate?

I don't blame her for becoming angry at her husband's philandering, She had every right to, whilst I liked daemon as a character I wouldn't have wanted him for a husband.

And I think she had reason to fear the Dragonseeds would further betray her, two had already, one was knocking her hubby off and the remaining one frankly he had a fuck off Dragon at his disposal if he had turned on her it would spell disaster, it was a mistake but one she made through real concerns and very possible fears.

I felt really sorry for her by the end losing almost all her children, her Dragon, her husband. and then eaten alive by her dick brothers dragon. Yea shit end of the stick lass.

Archived