Loras S5

LordImp

What do you think S5 will bring for Loras? As we saw in one of the trailers he is on trial hold by the seven , there he attacks Olyvar while Margaery , Olenna , Cersei and the Sparrow are watching.

Will Loras survive this season ?

He'll be a martyr to make some statement about Homosexuality. They'll throw it in our faces and ruin the faith storyline.

Side note: Didn't Finn complain about the bluntness of his gayness on the show and how it was better subtly in the books? If that's true I think they're just punishing him now.

Quite stupid when few guys with small hammers capture him.

Why doesnt he have guards?

Wat was the guy he was fighting with doing?

Couldn't he grab his sword?

He is supposed to be a very talented fighter.

Quite unrealistic. It would have been okay if 100 FM capture loras and he kills about 4 of them.

May the seven judge him :D he is dead dead dead..

He'll be a martyr to make some statement about Homosexuality. They'll throw it in our faces and ruin the faith storyline.

Side note: Didn't Finn complain about the bluntness of his gayness on the show and how it was better subtly in the books? If that's true I think they're just punishing him now.

It wasn't so much the 'bluntness' of Loras' gayness - given the lack of restrictive POVs it's inevitable that Loras' homosexuality would be more obvious than it is in the books. It was more that Jones didn't like that D&D had made being gay Loras' sole character trait, and that everything else that defined him (his martial prowess, his mourning of Renly, his hot-headedness and cockiness etc) has been left out.

And it'll spoil the faith storyline but not because 'those damn Hollywood liberals are throwing homosexuality in our faces to try and make a point', but because discrimination against gay people by a religious order just seems like cheesy, 'ripped from the headlines' style storytelling - like they're imposing contemporary ideas about religion and sexuality onto a fictional world where those ideas probably wouldn't exist.

Quite unrealistic. It would have been okay if 100 FM capture loras and he kills about 4 of them.

Probably not a politically bright idea to kill holy men in the capital.

Probably not a politically bright idea to kill holy men in the capital.

Oh not the high sparrow.. Just the faith militant. They are armed.

You give them a warning.

Ask them to surrender

Try to capture them alive, kill them otherwise.

That would be a just procedure.

Also its not like everyone likes the high born they anyway oppose everything they do. Remember Joffrey's pig shit.

You may compare FM to a hypothetical example. Where the church gives out order to do this today. The police may need to capture or kill such people. Protests will happen. But ultimately freedom and peace must be ensured by the police.

Shouldn't there be spoiler tags in this thread.

About Loras' storyline in show versus in book:

It's hard to imagine where his storyline is going when in the books we are uncertain of his fate (suffered boiling oil while taking Storm's End). In the books, he is still so heartbroken over losing Renly and takes this near-suicide mission because he doesn't seem to care about anything anymore. In the show, he isn't shown grieving for Renly and doesn't seem to have a purpose other than to bang prostitutes and spar in his spare time. Maybe getting arrested by the Faith will set up his mission to take Storm's End or some place similar as a kind of "if you do this, we will forgive that" bargain.

If Loras dies this season he dies in 5.10 (Finn had that script) with probably many other characters (Tommen, Myrcella, Pycelle, Kevan, "Jon" the possibilities are mind-boggling). I personally still don't think he will, since he is now often explaining/emphazising the Loras/Garlan/Willas combining of the show when asked about the differences of book!Loras and show!Loras at conventions and how that gives him more to do.

I really hope he dies because he's such a useless character honestly

If he is so useless then why is he still there? Doesn't sound much like D&D to not get rid of him in season 2 (together with Renly) if he is useless after that. I actually think they wanted to, but GRRM vetoed for some reason, and they went: Okay, if we need to keep him because he does "OMGWTFBBQ?" in the future, then we'll at least fold all his brother into him and have some gay fun in the meantime.

I'm not sure that GRRM can veto any character cutting as he said that D&D can write in aliens if they want to and he can't stop them. If he could Belwas, Willas and Garlan would be in the show.

Regarding show!Loras, as mentioned, it's quite odd that he doesn't have any guards or sworn swords around him as an heir to a powerfull region should have.

Well, I think they have already established that House Tyrell's army consists soley of Olenna and her sass. ;)

And you're right of course D&D could have told GRRM: " Nope, still going to cut him :P " in my hypothetical scenario but for some odd reason they didn't.

If he is so useless then why is he still there? Doesn't sound much like D&D to not get rid of him in season 2 (together with Renly) if he is useless after that. I actually think they wanted to, but GRRM vetoed for some reason, and they went: Okay, if we need to keep him because he does "OMGWTFBBQ?" in the future, then we'll at least fold all his brother into him and have some gay fun in the meantime.

I have to agree

Loras is definitely not useless and he still has a part to play in all this

otherwise D&D would have gotten rid of him a long time ago

About Loras' storyline in show versus in book:

It's hard to imagine where his storyline is going when in the books we are uncertain of his fate (suffered boiling oil while taking Storm's End). In the books, he is still so heartbroken over losing Renly and takes this near-suicide mission because he doesn't seem to care about anything anymore. In the show, he isn't shown grieving for Renly and doesn't seem to have a purpose other than to bang prostitutes and spar in his spare time. Maybe getting arrested by the Faith will set up his mission to take Storm's End or some place similar as a kind of "if you do this, we will forgive that" bargain.

you're pretty :)

Archived