When keeping it real goes wrong.

wolfmaid7

Once in a while i like to something fun like this.So this thread is dedicated to all those characters who "kept it real" and didn't quite forsee the consequences or care how it would turn out for them.

To lead things off my man Ser Waymar Royce ,who "in keeping it real" went out like ah boss, sword in hand against a White Walker.Royce i don't know if i should label you an honorable fool or just foolish, but i applaude you for not turning tail and running like hell.Instead you chose to be a true Knight and fight. Seriously,i really don't know if you believed you would have won this fight or not but here's to "Keeping it real" :cheers:

That first chapter did set the tone for the series quite nicely. Waymar was a bit of a jerk, but he was also, pretty much, in the right, and also, pretty much, a hero. And nobody will ever know.

But I can't let this discussion pass without mentioning Cortnay Penrose. A true badass, in the name of a cause already lost, killed off-screen because he was inconvenient.

Basically anything with Stannis.

Whole Tyrell army has besieged him in Storm's End, and he preferred starving to surrendering. His fleet at Blackwater Bay got nuked and he stormed King's Landing anyway. After Blackwater he lost everything but nonteheless went off to the North to save the realm. And now, against all odds, in a hostile territory, in winter, he is besieging Winterfell.

Stan the Man is basically an incarnation of the phrase "Keeping it real when all goes wrong."

Quentyn... To be fair, trying to tame a dragon is 101 for princes in fantasy tales. Has anybody seen The Last Unicorn? In the movie -because I can't remember the book right now- when Lyr wants to impress his lady, despite he doesn't know such lady is an unicorn, he simply goes and kills a dragon to show her its chopped head. The whole thing is even parodied in Shrek, when Jaime the "Prince" is meant to defeat a dragon to save Fiona.

Honourable mention to Ned and JonCon who are honourably raising Rhaegar's children... Ned was very much tormented by it and... who knows who is Aegon's real father, poor Griff.

Quentyn... To be fair, trying to tame a dragon is 101 for princes in fantasy tales. Has anybody seen The Last Unicorn? In the movie -because I can't remember the book right now- when Lyr wants to impress his lady, despite he doesn't know such lady is an unicorn, he simply goes and kills a dragon to show her its chopped head. The whole thing is even parodied in Shrek, when Jaime the "Prince" is meant to defeat a dragon to save Fiona.

Honourable mention to Ned and JonCon who are honourably raising Rhaegar's children... Ned was very much tormented by it and... who knows who is Aegon's real father, poor Griff.

Griff believes its rAegon. From an honor standpoint, that's all that's needed, even if Aegon was secretly a midget Hitler in a Targaryen wig (dyed blue, of course) pretending to be Aegon.

Edit: And this is the post I hit 2000 on? It just had to have a Hitler reference, didn't it.

Well when Ser oakheart made his run of madness. Seriously, he alone against Martell's forces..

Yeahhhh that was probably him keeping it too real.

Syrio Forel, I salute you. Dude is a honey badger with a sword.

I second this

Samwell killing the WW

I don't know how he did it but he managed to be a complete craven while becoming the biggest badass in recent history.

The outcome was unexpected,Sam that is being shocked he survived.

Basically anything with Stannis.

Whole Tyrell army has besieged him in Storm's End, and he preferred starving to surrendering. His fleet at Blackwater Bay got nuked and he stormed King's Landing anyway. After Blackwater he lost everything but nonteheless went off to the North to save the realm. And now, against all odds, in a hostile territory, in winter, he is besieging Winterfell.

Stan the Man is basically an incarnation of the phrase "Keeping it real when all goes wrong."

Ha,true that!

To be fair,to be fair.Somebody gave Quentyn wrong info in "How to train a Dragon"

Raise one for Maester Cressen! He challenges the Red Woman to a poison drinking contest fully intending to sacrifice himself to rid the world of her, she drinks and the poison has absolutely no effect, she then offers him an out, but he drinks anyway.

And then even though he is a complete evil bastard there is Tywin Lannister. You are on the toilet and suddenly your dwarf son who you've been telling him that you hate him all his life and you've recently passed a death sentence on barges in pointing a loaded crossbow at your groin. Do you A try to make ammends and persuade him not to kill you, B shit yourself or C as you're obviously still in control of the situation calmly order him to lower the crossbow while continuing to verbally abuse him as you've done all his life.

OOOO some really nice ones.

I'd say Janos Slynt kept it real.He wasn't about to ordered around by a bastard son of a traitor with the mark of the beast.Certainly not when you have friends in hight places such as Tywin Lannister.

Yes his threat to Jon about him "rueing the day" was keeping it real alright ,all the way to the block.

Archived