Melisandre's Words About Arya

Renee Sansa

:agree: I wouldn't rule out Jon's involvement in this.Jon is Arya's dear brother and Mel/Jon relationship will most likely play a big part towards the end.

Like a little protective sis, who wants to save her big brother! I think it will too, Mel tempted her own death when she chose wanting to bare a shadow for him :devil:

Melisandre and Arya will be set up as champions of opposing views on life and death - Melisandre will be shown to believe that bringing people back to life is a gift, while the Faceless Men regard death as a gift and resurrections as a crime against the Many Faced God. Arya Is becoming an adept of giving the Gift (it's an episode title, right? SO EXCITED if that means what I think), and I think that's what Melisandre saw in her eyes, which terrified even her. They're being set up as anathema to one another.

Wonder what this conflict in faiths could mean for Arya and Jon's relationship if he has already been resurrected by Mel? Interesting...

I don't think Arya can kill Mel. Mel is most likely already dead. The lord of light "raised her", remember? Plus she is never cold. Doesn't need sleep. And hardly ever eats. + it might explain the shadow baby. She gives birth to something dead because she is dead. None of the other red priests can do anything with shadow creatures.

Mel sees the truth.

I hope mothers across the world that named their daughters Arya don't get too upset is she turns out to be evil. There's chance she turns out to be one of the darkest villains of all time. She could change things late in the game in a big way. She might just be a murdering pit of darkness when we see her last..

Who says Jon would have a conflict of faith? Mel may bring his body back but he likely will have been living in his wolf for a while and probably having a dream like Bran did while he was out. How will that make him question the old gods?

Wasn't thinking Jon's faith would change, but wondering if Arya's involvement with the faceless men and their belief that death is a gift, a release from suffering, would change how she feels about Jon if he is resurrected and becomes a "walking dead". Will she want to give him the "gift" to release him from the sorcery? idk... just wondering outloud. I always thought if Arya ran into UnCat in the books, that she'd want to give the gift to undead Catelyn.

I don't think Arya can kill Mel. Mel is most likely already dead. The lord of light "raised her", remember? Plus she is never cold. Doesn't need sleep. And hardly ever eats. + it might explain the shadow baby. She gives birth to something dead because she is dead. None of the other red priests can do anything with shadow creatures.

It also explains why she was not affected by the Strangler.

Mel sees the truth.

I hope mothers across the world that named their daughters Arya don't get too upset is she turns out to be evil. There's chance she turns out to be one of the darkest villains of all time. She could change things late in the game in a big way. She might just be a murdering pit of darkness when we see her last..

Arya as an evil person? That's interesting, it hit me one time, though I still believe she'll reami good.

Wasn't thinking Jon's faith would change, but wondering if Arya's involvement with the faceless men and their belief that death is a gift, a release from suffering, would change how she feels about Jon if he is resurrected and becomes a "walking dead". Will she want to give him the "gift" to release him from the sorcery? idk... just wondering outloud. I always thought if Arya ran into UnCat in the books, that she'd want to give the gift to undead Catelyn.

Seems logical. I think she'll kill Catelyn in the books, if they ever meet (and I believe they will). But about Jon I'm not so sure. If Jon and Daenerys are the two leads, it seems more logical to me for Dany to be the sacrifised one, and for Jon to live, but I could be wrong. Maybe they'll both just be dead at the end. But I went off topic, forgive me

I personally don't think that's how it'll play out, but this is an interesting question. I don't think she could ever truly kill Jon, not even if he was already 'dead'. If it plays out that way, I think she'd abandon the faceless men. She never truly became 'nobody' because of Jon as well, so having her give up on being an assassin because of him would be a great parallel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion is on the list. One for the shear shock factor, GRRM is always making big plays with favorite characters.

He has multi eye colors which will fulfill the prediction in more than one way.

IE: Perhaps instead of several different people, Tyrion would knock off 2 colors.

Long shot, but possible.

Cercei or Ilyn payne are definetly one of them. People on her list are dying anyway. Lol.

Is it me or did anyone notice Arya's water dancing actions are so dumb?

She twists her hand and stands on one foot. No warrior would ever do that. The rule is always be firm on the ground and swift, not hold a sword in two fingers after you twist your arm

It also explains why she was not affected by the Strangler.

I never thought of that!!! That's really good!

As for Arya being evil, I've wondered about that too. I think she more than any other character has the potential to really turn to true darkness. I'm not convinced that will happen, just that it is more likely with her than anyone else (yes, even Dany).

Seems logical. I think she'll kill Catelyn in the books, if they ever meet (and I believe they will). But about Jon I'm not so sure. If Jon and Daenerys are the two leads, it seems more logical to me for Dany to be the sacrifised one, and for Jon to live, but I could be wrong. Maybe they'll both just be dead at the end. But I went off topic, forgive me

They are clearly not THE two leads. GRRM thinks he has 5, I feel like has 4 but OK. The stats do not lie:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/POV_character#Statistics

Cercei or Ilyn payne are definetly one of them. People on her list are dying anyway. Lol.

Is it me or did anyone notice Arya's water dancing actions are so dumb?

She twists her hand and stands on one foot. No warrior would ever do that. The rule is always be firm on the ground and swift, not hold a sword in two fingers after you twist your arm

I don't think that is actually fighting moves, its agility. She's meant to be fast. The idea being you are in situations where you stab as little as possible?

They are clearly not THE two leads. GRRM thinks he has 5, I feel like has 4 but OK. The stats do not lie:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/POV_character#Statistics

All right, Tyrion, Jon, Arya and Daenerys. But the tittle IS The Song Of Ice And Fire; even if it is a cliche, the parallels are there. So, they are the mainest of main characters. Five? I'm curious, who is tge fifth one?? Sansa?

As for Arya being evil, I've wondered about that too. I think she more than any other character has the potential to really turn to true darkness. I'm not convinced that will happen, just that it is more likely with her than anyone else (yes, even Dany).

I could see Sansa going that way too. She changed her hair color, therefore: alignment change. xD

I don't think that is actually fighting moves, its agility. She's meant to be fast. The idea being you are in situations where you stab as little as possible?

I understand the agility concept.

I loved the way how quick she was when she stabbed that fat guy who came to claim the bounty on the Hound.

Look at her killing a pigeon in S5. After her swift swing she stands on one leg and twists her wrist and fingers. Totally dumb. Syrio was the champ, he never did this. Wonder where she learnt it.

Next would be the hound catch Arya dancing in S4. In the outtakes she fell down and rolled over :) . You dont get any balance if you twist your ankles and stand on one leg.

The stunt team probably ignored all that just to make water dancing look so strange and powerful.

Archived