What political ideology are you and why?

Hot Meat Pie

Moderate Republican. Small government, common sense reforms, and personal freedoms. I also believe in equal opportunity and a strong social safety net, as well as leadership that actually represents their voters and governs.

Finally someone willing to take a stand!

Banksian culture libertarian. Of course that is completely impractical on this limited world we live in.

We're all still living in the Age of Scarcity, sadly being used as a control study group.

In the context of Canadian politics, left-leaning centrist. Would vote NDP if we had STV (or if Jack was still here), but in the meantime, I don't mind giving my vote to the Liberals.

I live by the Golden Mean, I am really wary of extremes, to the point where it might be called cowardly.

I tend to see the good and bad in everything though.

Banksian culture libertarian. Of course that is completely impractical on this limited world we live in.

Rightwing aristocratic oligarchy then.

(I do find it interesting that Banks ended up so far to the right in his attempt to create a red utopia. Not that I can think of any successful attempts from other writers. )

In the context of Canadian politics, left-leaning centrist. Would vote NDP if we had STV (or if Jack was still here), but in the meantime, I don't mind giving my vote to the Liberals.

I live by the Golden Mean, I am really wary of extremes, to the point where it might be called cowardly.

But the extremes are always shifting. 50 years ago same sex marriage (or civil union) would have been almost unthinkable (completely crazy fringe), 20 years ago still a fringe issue, today almost centrist. To take an example that is still debated ferociously. Many others were extremist fringe (like women's suffrage, universal welfare) and today it is almost unthinkable to be against them.

Why would you post this shit? Why not just take the time, get to know the people around here, and form an educated opinion.

This type of question reminds me of of a friend of mine that would approach girls and say, "Hi, i'm Scott, would you like to fuck?" Now, not only is this extremely douchey (like the OP), but it lacks subtly and patience. You can get a pretty good impression of which way most people around here lean (mostly to the left) by engaging in the already established political threads.

Also, this just lacks class (which is a lot coming from me), and is rude (which is even more crazy coming from me)

I identify as part of an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified

at a special biweekly meeting.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

But the extremes are always shifting. 50 years ago same sex marriage (or civil union) would have been almost unthinkable (completely crazy fringe), 20 years ago still a fringe issue, today almost centrist. To take an example that is still debated ferociously. Many others were extremist fringe (like women's suffrage, universal welfare) and today it is almost unthinkable to be against them.

They are, and I suppose that at that time, not knowing what I know now, I would probably take the same kind of position... left leaning centrist.

Essentially, change is good, but in moderation, and slowly... too much, too fast, and you'll create reactionary movements.

Why would you post this shit? Why not just take the time, get to know the people around here, and form an educated opinion.

This type of question reminds me of of a friend of mine that would approach girls and say, "Hi, i'm Scott, would you like to fuck?" Now, not only is this extremely douchey (like the OP), but it lacks subtly and patience. You can get a pretty good impression of which way most people around here lean (mostly to the left) by engaging in the already established political threads.

Also, this just lacks class (which is a lot coming from me), and is rude (which is even more crazy coming from me)

PB is trying to tell you he's a Humorist, politically speaking.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farsical aquatic ceremony. Suppose some moistened bint lobbed a simitar at me and I claimed to be Emperor. You'd think I was balmy.

Archived