More shocking than Red wedding

LordImp

I don't think "For the Watch" will be bigger than the Red Wedding. Red Wedding was more emotional because Cat AND Robb died along with thousands of others, which basically lost the war. If Jon dies, his watch has ended. He was a Snow at the Wall.

Jon's final scene being his apparent death. Imagine waiting like 10 months to find out if he died or not.

When filming a show with a major character like that, this sort of cliffhanger would be impossible to maintain, awesome as it would be.

Well I guesstimated SansaXRamsay right when the trailer launched.

I reckon any of these five will be the big bad moment.

Jaime and Bronn in Dorne (probs Bronn's Ser Oakheart death and Myrcella's cut). I can see them killing Bronn. But they need him to have a glorified death. HBO love Bronn.

Tommen's death, probably Cersei's, likely thanks to the Tyrell's and/or Kevan. Seems to be gearing toward this in books and show (not Kevan for obvious reasons, but Tyrells), also the faith may play a hand in this.

A big death in Essos. Probably to do with the Harpie's. Maybe Dany dies, or Tyrion; would be a real shocker. Not too much to go on with this other than shock value. Maybe Varys? If there is no Aegon he loses a lot of his plot purpose. Maybe HBO tie off some loose ends.

Shireen and/or Stannis dying. A few sources for this one, a picture of Dillane in one of those animation suits emerged, and in the trailer, there is a shot of a pyre that is definitely not Mance's being lit, the person on it is lying down, looks more like a funeral pyre. Or Mel sacrafices Shireen since S4 mega hints it.

Ramsay and Sansa scenes maybe? I can see them making the relationship as sick and tormented as possible. Which is oddly a good thing. I don't want Ramsay to have a light healthy side. I want him to be cruel and evil, bad as that sounds. Because like with Joff, Cersei, The wise masters and Karl, establishing a powerful untouchable villain is great. It makes for a better story. Also, Ramsay's girl (dunno her name) was giving Sansa some real dirty looks last episode, and we know she and Ramsay are a little messed up, especially in bed. I'm afraid for Sansa, which again, is a good thing for the viewer. But I can't see it being anything but a gory, abusive relationship.

When filming a show with a major character like that, this sort of cliffhanger would be impossible to maintain, awesome as it would be.

Well I guesstimated SansaXRamsay right when the trailer launched.

I reckon any of these five will be the big bad moment.

Jaime and Bronn in Dorne (probs Bronn's Ser Oakheart death and Myrcella's cut). I can see them killing Bronn. But they need him to have a glorified death. HBO love Bronn.

Tommen's death, probably Cersei's, likely thanks to the Tyrell's and/or Kevan. Seems to be gearing toward this in books and show (not Kevan for obvious reasons, but Tyrells), also the faith may play a hand in this.

A big death in Essos. Probably to do with the Harpie's. Maybe Dany dies, or Tyrion; would be a real shocker. Not too much to go on with this other than shock value. Maybe Varys? If there is no Aegon he loses a lot of his plot purpose. Maybe HBO tie off some loose ends.

Shireen and/or Stannis dying. A few sources for this one, a picture of Dillane in one of those animation suits emerged, and in the trailer, there is a shot of a pyre that is definitely not Mance's being lit, the person on it is lying down, looks more like a funeral pyre. Or Mel sacrafices Shireen since S4 mega hints it.

Ramsay and Sansa scenes maybe? I can see them making the relationship as sick and tormented as possible. Which is oddly a good thing. I don't want Ramsay to have a light healthy side. I want him to be cruel and evil, bad as that sounds. Because like with Joff, Cersei, The wise masters and Karl, establishing a powerful untouchable villain is great. It makes for a better story. Also, Ramsay's girl (dunno her name) was giving Sansa some real dirty looks last episode, and we know she and Ramsay are a little messed up, especially in bed. I'm afraid for Sansa, which again, is a good thing for the viewer. But I can't see it being anything but a gory, abusive relationship.

That picture with Dillane was fake. The person on the pyre is clearly Aemon.

Aemon is on the Pyre?

I half hope so, half not.

Also, was the dillane pic fake? Part of me is relieved. Very relieved. More than a part. Most of me.

I think Stannis will die do. And so do the bookies. But what do they know.

Also, do people bet on Game of thrones deaths. Why did no one tell me sooner? I could be loaded right now!

Because there's no "[bOOK SPOILERS]" tag in the title:

I saw in an earlier thread how it would be more shocking if Jon actually died. So for the last scene of the season, Jon's eyes don't "warg" like Bran's, but it just fades to black as he gets Caesar'd. Then in trailers and promo, we see nothing of Jon/Kit, then we see nothing of the wall until late episode 2/early episode 3, at which point we see Jon's body being cremated. I think this may work as it would certainly catch book-readers off guard (I, like probably the majority of book readers, suspect that Jon actually isn't dead, having warged into Ghost or being brought back to life by Mel or something). That said, Jon is a very popular character plus he seems important to the plot, so I'm not sure how good an idea killing him off would be.

It's nearly impossible to imagine any ending to the books or show that don't involve Jon Snow. I can't imagine D&D wanting to get rid of him regardless of how much of a shocking impact it would have. It would ruin one of core arcs and historical plotlines of the entire series.

Aemon is on the Pyre?

I half hope so, half not.

Also, was the dillane pic fake? Part of me is relieved. Very relieved. More than a part. Most of me.

I think Stannis will die do. And so do the bookies. But what do they know.

Also, do people bet on Game of thrones deaths. Why did no one tell me sooner? I could be loaded right now!

Yes. Look at his clothing and hands.

Yes. It was a photoshopped picture of Andy Serkis. A bad one, too.

I feel pretty skeptical about them being able to pull off something more shocking than the Red Wedding, honestly. I mean everyone was very very involved with the characters of Robb and Catelyn so naturally it was really intense when they died. They were popular characters. I don't think it could have to do with Sansa because, unfortunately, there are still a lot of Sansa haters out there so I don't think many people would be necessarily shocked by her death.

That being said, I would prefer Sansa to just kick some major ass and destroy Ramsay Bolton but we can't all get what we want.

"It was a choice, says Cogman, between using Sophie Turner more, or bringing in yet another new face to the show: 'You have this storyline with Ramsay. Do you have one of your leading ladies – who is an incredibly talented actor who we’ve followed for five years and viewers love and adore – do it? Or do you bring in a new character to do it? To me, the question answers itself: You use the character the audience is invested in.'"

This sounds to me like Ramsay is going to be Ramsay... and though I dread to even think of it, that Sansa is playing the part of Jeyne.

I feel pretty skeptical about them being able to pull off something more shocking than the Red Wedding, honestly. I mean everyone was very very involved with the characters of Robb and Catelyn so naturally it was really intense when they died. They were popular characters. I don't think it could have to do with Sansa because, unfortunately, there are still a lot of Sansa haters out there so I don't think many people would be necessarily shocked by her death.

That being said, I would prefer Sansa to just kick some major ass and destroy Ramsay Bolton but we can't all get what we want.

The only thing more shocking than the red wedding would be a more accurate red wedding where we saw the background characters (fleshed out at least in small ways) fighting to the dead to protect Robb. It would've felt more tragic than seeing everyone get punked from behind.

Only thing that would shock me as RW did ( not very much, in fact) would be if Red Comet suddenly crashed into King's Landing killing everyone, than Wall would fall on everyone in the North, Hightower on Sam, Valyrian peninsula would explode as megavolcano and destroy Slaver's Bay. .. only survivors would be Hodor, Patchface, Moon Boy, Butterbumbs, Old Nan, Ghost of High Hearth and Reek. Than those 7 would fight each other with weirwood spoons...

Than I would be shocked...

Who would have thought there is something more shocking than the Red Wedding.

Something to do with Sansa and Boltons seems like a good guess, so does "For the Watch", but do we really think that someone would be surprised by a major character death? Pissed off, surely, but not surprised.

Bringing someone back to life, on the other hand... nobody would see that coming! Perhaps there is a chance we will be seeing Lady Stoneheart or even (f)Aegon. (don´t tell me you wouldn´t be surprised if they brought in a new important character from the book :D )

If they really make Stannis to burn Aemon alive, i'm going to be beyond pissed, HBO already did everything in their capacity to obliterate Stannis' character, if they do this, might as well kill him already.

I think they are setting up a R+L=J moment.

1. Littlefinger and Sansa's conversation in the crips.

2. Stannis telling Selyse that "it wasn't Ned's nature to impregregnate a tavern girl" when responding to Jon's parentage.

3. They mentioned Lyanna and Rheagar in the same episode. The scene with Stannis saying he didn't think Jon's mother was a tavern wench was after they mentioned Lyanna and before they talked about Rheagar.

That will be pretty shocking, then after the viewer finds out Jon is the son of the crown prince, they end the season with him getting stabbed!

I think Myranda will try to kill Sansa but Ramsay (knowing he needs to keep the North not even more enraged) will kill Myranda in a very twisted way. Sansa will see his craziness and with the help of a re-realized Theon, they kill the lot of them finally becoming Sansa badass.

It's nearly impossible to imagine any ending to the books or show that don't involve Jon Snow. I can't imagine D&D wanting to get rid of him regardless of how much of a shocking impact it would have. It would ruin one of core arcs and historical plotlines of the entire series.

And I'd also point out that it severs the viewers' connection to events north of the Wall.

Archived