Snooker World Championship

Sir Thursday

I always enjoy the World Championship when it's on - the skill you need to play snooker is immense, especially when you've got to keep it up for such gruelingly long matches. Quality on the first day has seemed a bit poor so far but I guess that's just the first round - will improve as the tournament goes on, I'm sure.

Anyone else watching? I'm normally a Peter Ebdon fan but since he's not made it through qualifying I guess I'll have to switch allegiances to Ali Carter, his spiritual successor.

ST

I tend to root against Shaun Murphy, for the entirely unfair reason that he has a resemblance to a boy who used to bully me at primary school.

My TV is almost exactly seven years old, something of which I keep track by snooker world championships it has spent on near-permanent red button. I love watching O'Sullivan when he's firing properly, and also root for Robertson, Trump and Selby (in that order of preference) when they're playing.

Watching right now, I see semi-Norwegian Kurt Maflin is playing. Have to cheer for him, even if he's playing Selby and thus doomed to defeat.

It's going to a final frame, you never know!

ST

EDIT: Pwfff, pretty tense final frame there. Selby just about gets over the line.

I watched it when I was in the UK, and obviously rooted for Robertson. First year I'm back on Oz, so haven't figured out how I can watch it yet. I suspect I'll have to do something dodgy with the BBC website!

Archived