The Good Queen who Started the Second Night

Shadow Cat 75

Warning more then a little crazy idea

I was thinking about reasons why the Others would be launching their attack and an idea came to mind. Since I believe more than likely that the flaming sword used by the Last Hero/Azor Ahai was likely dragons and that a peace was made and seemly broken could it have to do with dragons.

Dragons are fire made flesh and are basically the nuclear weapon of the World. Any peace would likely have some part about dragons in it. Sort of like how after the end of WWI Germany had a limit place on their military. Now some have said that maybe the Targayens broke this treaty when they brought Dragons to Westeros however Dragon bones have been found in Westeros so that is unlikely.

Now here is where I go a little bit off the rail, I don’t think the Wall was built for defense I think it is possible that the wall marks a border between the area that the Others control and the land the living control. Now as for the Wildlings the Others would not care about small groups of humans, humans are not a problem for them Dragons are. So I think the Wall was raised by the Others as tall as it was so that anyone riding on a Dragon from the South could see it and turn away since they are nearing the border. It would explain why a wall made out of Ice was supposed to stop creatures who control the ice.

Now for most of the time there was no problem and the others didn’t care about Dragons in the south because they were no threat to them but then around 100AC the Good Queen Alysanne Targaryen went up to the wall to visit the Nights Watch while her husband Jaehaerys I Targaryen was in Winterfell. She likely crossed over the wall riding her dragon and broke the peace.

Think about it this way, if during the cold war a Soviet Bomber had crossed into American Airspace and flew over say New York or another American City, we would be at war even if it was just an accident. Here it is even more likely since there was no way to explain that it was an accident. The Others could have seen this dragon in the same light, see it as a probing force looking for a weak spot to attack.

With the Peace broken the Others start their preparation for the second long night building up their undead army slowly and now they are going to launch their attack.So by accident the Good Queen Alysanne broke the treaty and started the second long night.

That's a good idea, but do you think it took the Others 200 years to prepare? Seems a bit unlikely. And as far as we know there weren't any dragons in the War for the Dawn, because in none of the tales we hear anything from them. And come on, they're dragons, we would know if they had been used.

That's a good idea, but do you think it took the Others 200 years to prepare? Seems a bit unlikely. And as far as we know there weren't any dragons in the War for the Dawn, because in none of the tales we hear anything from them. And come on, they're dragons, we would know if they had been used.

I think it could take 200 years because the Others where building up their forces their isn't that many Wildlings and it would make more sense for them to take and turn into wights one or two villages at a time then pull back and let the humans repopulate. Cold preserves and it isn't like Wights need food or anything they could just stand in the Land of Always Winter and wait for orders to move out. Once they reach they want they remove the Wildlings beyond the wall and then launch their attack.

Also it would give them time to gather information, we do not know if Wights can speak for sure but I believe that they can at least speak to the Others and since they remember part of their lives as proven when they went after the Lord Commander in book one they could inquire from turned Nights Watch member the situation below the Wall. Also we haven't seen it yet or maybe at all but why couldn't the Others put armor and weapons on the wights.

Archived