Did Ramsay truly cut off Theon's dick in the books?

Hot Meat Pie

Pretty much the only people who don't accept Theon to be wangless are those who actively chose to believe otherwise in the face of overwhelming textual evidence, the Jaime parallel, and the show episode written by GRRM where it is spelled out for the show audience which generally speaking is a little slower than the book reader.

The implication seems to be that he has balls but no dick, which is basically the most cruel way to neuter a dude. Like the master who sells Dany the Unsullied says, if you just chop off their balls, they can sometimes still get erections and use their dicks to get up to "trouble" (from the POV of someone using them to guard wives, etc), so the Unsullied have their balls and dicks chopped off. If you keep the balls, they have all the normal hormones and desire of an unneutered man, but no dick to relieve it.

So, basically, Ramsay pulled a Ramsay and did the most sadistic thing possible.

Yep. Instead of the black, he will be forced to join the unsullied...

My husband thinks he was castrated. That it was possible. But I thought the person would bleed to death and there was the issue of putting in a tube for urination. But your post changed my mind on this by bringing up the Unsullied. Apparently they knew how to do this. I still don't understand how they did it - the process- or why Reek didn't get infection.

My husband thinks he was castrated. That it was possible. But I thought the person would bleed to death and there was the issue of putting in a tube for urination. But your post changed my mind on this by bringing up the Unsullied. Apparently they knew how to do this. I still don't understand how they did it - the process- or why Reek didn't get infection.

Castration was very common in the Ottoman Court, especially in the royal Harem where all male attendees were castrated.

Now as far as their methods, that I am unsure of....

The implication seems to be that he has balls but no dick, which is basically the most cruel way to neuter a dude. Like the master who sells Dany the Unsullied says, if you just chop off their balls, they can sometimes still get erections and use their dicks to get up to "trouble" (from the POV of someone using them to guard wives, etc), so the Unsullied have their balls and dicks chopped off. If you keep the balls, they have all the normal hormones and desire of an unneutered man, but no dick to relieve it.

That's so Ramsay.

Castration was very common in the Ottoman Court, especially in the royal Harem where all male attendees were castrated.

Now as far as their methods, that I am unsure of....

I think it involved a red hot brass drain plug if I recall.

Yeah, the worst thing you could possibly do to a human being. Pretty much the only punishment the reader would accept as a downpayment on Theons redemption.

That's the impression we are probably supposed to get, but personally I don't think it is so, due to the problems with the idea laid out in my post which is linked in my sig, the OP also contains the link posted by SOOGM which convinced me in the first place Theon hasn't had any of his genitalia cut off.

Archived