Weirdest potential couples in Westeros.

SavosDeaworth

So, I like to speculate about how the history of Westeros whould have changed if certain characters had been married to each other. What kind of consequenses would we see as a result of these marriages?

I have some examples of couples that would have a big impact on the story. They all would have children.

Eddard Stark and Cersei Lannister.

Walder Frey and Lysa Tully.

Robert Baratheon and Ellia Martell.

Lyanna Stark and Oberyn Martell.

Rhaegar Targaryen and Catelyn Tully.

The ones above would have happend around 280-285.

If we would take characters during ASOS:

Gregor Glegane and Brienne of Tarth.

Tommen Baratheon and Sansa Stark.

Myrcella Lannister and Robin Arryn.

Ramsay Snow and Nymeria Sand.

Asha Greyjoy and Jamie Lannister.

Ned and Cersei. I think she would be a little happier in her marriage. Ned would TRY to love her and would treat her more gently than Robert but she wouldn't be happy cooped up in the North, away from Jaime. Ned would be miserable, but he's a Stark and would just get on with it. Might work out.

Walder Frey and Lysa Tully : I think she'd kill herself and Walder would just replace her. Doomed to fail

Robert an Elia would be much happier than Robert and Cersei. She would not hate him as much as Cersei for being a the slut he is and they would have a working relationship as she and Rhaegar had. Likely work out pretty well.

Lyanna and Oberyn : He would encourage her to explore her interests in the martial elements of life, but I don't think she, being a Northerner, would be happy with him having a bunch of bastards and screwing other women. Might work out well.

Rhaegar and Cat : They would grow to love each other, both being decent people, much in the way Rhaegar and Elia & ed and Cat grew to love and respect each other. Likely work out well.

Gregor and Brienne : They wouldn't even make it to the sept without killing each other. Doomed to fail.

Tommen and Sansa : They would be very happy. Tommen's a really nice kid and even Sansa recognised she'd like to marry him, at least way more than Joffrey. Would probably work out.

Robin and Myrcella : I don't think we really know quite enough to know. Myrcella's a good person as far as we know, but SweetRobin can be a brat. Might work out

Ramsay and Nym : He'd try to do his sick shit to her and she'd skewer him, or at least try to. Doomed to fail.

Jaime and Asha : I think they'd like each other. Jaimia is a decent guy under it all and Asha is reasonable for an Iron born. Might be a bit like Jaimie/Brienne did

Robert and Elia isn't that odd really. Picture this: everyone is at Harrenhal, ready to have a good time, and a little bird whispers in Rhaegar's ear that cousin Bob had a fling with Elia. Rhaenys takes after her mother, so it's not like he can prove she's a Targ by looks. Furious, Rhaegar wins the tournament and to teach both his wife and his cousin a lesson, crowns Robert's poor fiancee the Queen of Love and Beauty.

Another fun idea: Margaery is not a maid, but she's only ever been with one man...Oberyn Martell. Mace would die of apoplexy right then and there.

Cersei and Gregor

Asha and Ramsay

Olenna and Quentyn

Dany and Robert (now that would be awkward)

Viserys and Arianne. Seriously, that never would have worked.

Tywin and Taena

Brienne and Jorah

Hah. We miss you in the show threads but at the same time... it's better for your sanity you stay away.

We've already damned... save your soul!

My strategy for getting through this season is to completely avoid every show-related discussion*, view GoT as this odd little HBO show that has nothing to do with any books, and drink before and while watching, because being a bit drunk makes the episodes better. (The latter has been nobodysuspectsthebutterfly's tactics for watching GoT for quite some time, I've realized she's been right all along.) And also to focus on better shows, like Hannibal (I can't wait for season 3), or Tom Fontana's Borgia: Faith and Fear, which I've jut recently discovered and I'm only in season 1, but, apart from being historical fiction rather than fantasy, it seems to basically be everything that GoT is trying to but miserably failing to be.

*Damn, I've kind of started one here...

Well, if the story in the show does go in that direction...imagine Stannis saving her. Then D&D decide these two would make a good couple.

Don't give them ideas!

My strategy for getting through this season is to completely avoid every show-related discussion*, view GoT as this odd little HBO show that has nothing to do with any books, and drink before and while watching, because being a bit drunk makes the episodes bette

Thanks for the tip. I am going to the liquor store right now so I can bear to watch SanRam or RamSan or whatever in the hell it is.

Archived