Could Sansa Be the Young Queen that tears down Cersei?

Chabwera

I think it could be Sansa. The only way I see her fitting the Queen part is if Tyrion marries Dany, and then by virtue of her marriage to Tyrion Sansa is a queen.

But then that means Margaery is dead, and Cersei has lost the Tyrells.

Yes, Cersei will be relieved after Margaery (who is Y&MBQ for her) is found guilty and beheaded.

Of course, a certain amount of time will pass between Sansa returning to KL and the Tyrells going down the pit.

Of course it could be Sansa. On the other hand, it could be a lot of people.

I've got a list of about 17+ candidates here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/93920-compiling-the-younger-more-beautiful-queens/ .

But as it pertains to Sansa, she currently isn't a queen. Considering the specificity of the prophecy elsewhere, I don't think this one is negotiable. Yet, she has a couple of ways to become one.

1. Queen in the North. She is last child of Eddard Stark known to be alive. Yet, that "known" thing won't last with Rickon and Bran bound to show up again. Plus, as Queen in the North, she is going to pointed in a direction opposite of King's Landing and Cersei. Finally, Sansa is unlikely to claim the throne on her own.
  2. Aegon the Maybe's Queen. So, this one only takes a meeting and a marriage. The meeting part would take some sort of plot intervention, but Martin could work it. Except for the fact that Sansa is still married to Tyrion... and despite her bloodline, the Riverlands and the North have their own problems and won't be sending help to Aegon to fight his war. So, she isn't the best match for Aegon.
  3. Queen of the Rock. All this one takes is for Tyrion to declare himself King of the Rock, a title he's entitled to about as much as Robb was entitled to be King of the North. Then, Sansa is a Queen, with a title that would put her on a colission course with Cersei.

Actually, my best bet right now is Myrcella will be the one to cast Cersei down. It would simultaneously come from left field and seem completely justified.

I think it's most likely to be Sansa or Myrcella. I think Margaery is too obvious and prophecies are never obvious. As for Dany, I think it has to be someone who knows Cersei and Myrcella being her daughter would make Cersei's fall all the more devastating for her. If it were Sansa it would be a great switching of roles for the two, the tormented becoming the tormenter.

Cersei believes Margaery is the younger queen. But that is not possible, not after Tommen is dead. And anyway, Cersei is nearly always wrong. The story strongly suggests Daenerys, but that is probably not her either. If only because it is too obvious.

Sansa comes as the most obvious third choice. Possibly. But a few others could also. First, you would need to determine who is the ultimate winner. And if it is a man, who will be his queen. My guess is Jon will be the final winner. And his most likely queen would be Val. Not surprisingly, Val is also (one of) the most beautiful women:

They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.

Another, much more speculative possibility, would be Rhaenys in Myrcella body. It is already speculated that Rhaenys skinchanged into her cat upon her death. She could come back in a human body if Myrcella, after her death, was resurrected in a state like Khal Drogo. We could assume Qyburn could do that. It would be the hardest thing I could imagine for Cersei. The murder of Elia and her children, IHMO, is what most deserves retribution from the Lannisters. For a final clue, both the girl and the cat are missing an ear.

ETA: Rhaenys cat, Balerion, is the black tomcat in the Red Keep, the one caught by Arya.

Cersei believes Margaery is the younger queen. But that is not possible, not after Tommen is dead. And anyway, Cersei is nearly always wrong. The story strongly suggests Daenerys, but that is probably not her either. If only because it is too obvious.

Sansa comes as the most obvious third choice. Possibly. But a few others could also. First, you would need to determine who is the ultimate winner. And if it is a man, who will be his queen. My guess is Jon will be the final winner. And his most likely queen would be Val. Not surprisingly, Val is also (one of) the most beautiful women:

They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.

Another, much more speculative possibility, would be Rhaenys in Myrcella body. It is already speculated that Rhaenys skinchanged into her cat upon her death. She could come back in a human body if Myrcella, after her death, was resurrected in a state like Khal Drogo. We could assume Qyburn could do that. It would be the hardest thing I could imagine for Cersei. The murder of Elia and her children, IHMO, is what most deserves retribution from the Lannisters. For a final clue, both the girl and the cat are missing an ear.

ETA: Rhaenys cat, Balerion, is the black tomcat in the Red Keep, the one caught by Arya.

It is clear that the KL will be burned by Cersei and Dany will be "queen over charred bones and cooked meat". But that means Cersei will not be cast down by Dany. Not to mention, Cersei already lost a lot of things and will lose more before Dany can bring her ass anywhere near. Therefore, these are two good reasons why Dany cannot be Y&MBQ. I don't think being too obvious is a valid reason because Margaery being Y&MBQ is too obvious.

It is clear that the KL will be burned by Cersei and Dany will be "queen over charred bones and cooked meat". But that means Cersei will not be cast down by Dany. Not to mention, Cersei already lost a lot of things and will lose more before Dany can bring her ass anywhere near. Therefore, these are two good reasons why Dany cannot be Y&MBQ. I don't think being too obvious is a valid reason because Margaery being Y&MBQ is too obvious.

I know "too obvious" is a weak argument. GRRM made Daenerys, from book one, nearly from her first chapter, the logical winner for the IT. Hey, even Robert was thinking so. Currently, without deciphering R+L=J, and without something for the NW vows, we could not imagine Jon winning the race. So I think Daenerys is obvious. And with GRRM love for surprises, IMHO, I don't think she will be the last standing queen. Other than that, I don't think GRRM made of her a better ruler than the other contenders. Contrary to Jon. But it is just my view. I do not want to enter into the polemics between Jon/Dany haters/lovers. It is tiresome and never conclude.

BTW I believe KL burning will be the pyre Cersei will light in her attempt to revive Myrcella.

You could argue that she has horrendous burns on her face after her flight on drogon. If that's true she's no longer a candidate for the younger more beautiful queen.

She doesn't have any burns on her face. Iirc it's just her hands from grabbing the spear out of Drogon.

It seems like GRRM was intentionally setting up Margaery as Cersei's assumption and therefore wrong, leading the reader to assume Dany instead. Which seems like a good reason to suspect it might be neither.

Of course Sansa is a good possibility, but I rather like the dark horse option of the other queen in Westeros (there are three others, but only one is younger than Cersei), who just happens to be Maggy the Frog's great-granddaughter. Jaime's thoughts on Jayne Westerling -- "She did not look dangerous (...) Pretty enough for a child, Jaime decided, but not a girl to lose a kingdom for." -- have a GRRMish ring of poetic irony about them.

Of course there's always the possibility of the prophecy being misinterpreted.

"Until another comes" not

"Until another queen comes".

The other younger and more beautiful person might not be a queen at all.

Edit- sorry if this is complete crap, I might be wrong not entirely sure if the use of another in this sentence means it's another queen. Although I do think it means another queen

I do think Sansa could be the one who takes all Cersie holds dear. During her walk of atonement, Cersie thought she saw Sansa. Not Margery or anybody else. Cersie knows she has created a lot of reasons for Sansa to hate her. I think the scene during the battle of Blackwater where Sansa and Cersie show two different ways of dealing with fear is prophetic too. Sansa is calm and tries to comfort others while Cersie gets rip roaring drunk and plans to have Illyn Payne take her out.

Just a thought, we assume it is the throne Sansa will take. I don't think so. I think, with the help of Little finger, she will take Casterly Rock. Cersie fancies herself Tywin's true heir. It would fit.

This is just a stray thought after thinking about Maggie the Frog's prophesy to Cersei. We assume that Daenarys or Margaery are the candidates to supplant Cersei but what if Sansa through her tutelage from Petyr Baelish, sentimental hold over the houses of the North and a legitimate desire to empower herself against all possible enemies is able to outmaneuver and overwhelm Cersei. The descriptions of her allude to her incredible beauty. She has an incredible motivation to see Cersei humiliated. And due to her imprisonment is more than aware of Cerise's limits. As the only known to be alive member of the House Stark, she is heir to the murdered King of the North, Robb Stark. Which makes her the Queen of the North. This assumes that once rid of House Bolton, the North refuses to rejoin the Seven Kingdoms (can you blame them?) and embraces the Starks in their traditional roles as rulers (not wardens) of the North. Littlefinger seems to be preparing to place her back at Winterfell but what would that mean in a Westeros that lacks a royal house strong enough to hold the kingdoms together?

TBH I think this is just Maggie "prophecising" that another queen will replace her. After every queen another comes along so Maggie was just playing it safe with this guess.

Archived