Feast for Crows - Stephen Youll Dust Jacket

Hello all! So some quick responses are needed here, I have been given a second chance offer on ebay for Stephen Youll's unused FfC dj, for £160. Is this a steal? A solid investment? It's signed by George and will be a lovely addition to my collection. Question is, how rare is it and I know there are those out there signed by George and by Stephen. Any ideas on numbers and whether I should make the purchase?

Thanks guys and girls.

Joe

Originally Stephen was selling them on his website and he stated he had around 30. They were selling for $600 and up until recently when George found his stash (of approx 100, maybe more). GRRM has auctioned some off for charity and has a friend selling signed copies on Ebay. If you do a search on the US site, you can find the listing. He starts the auctions at $75 and they've been selling for low $200s.

They are rare and once George's stash is gone, the prices will probably start to climb again.

I have one that is signed by George, Stephen and his wife and one signed only by George. Any signed by Stephen were sold directly thru his website (I was able to have mine signed by GRRM at a con).

Hope that helps.

Do you think this item could be one of the more sought after collectables in the future? Or do you think its less significant as it failed to reach publication?

It will always be a rare collectible. These are the types of things to grab and hold on to. The only thing I love more is my 1 of 7 AGOT Stephen Youll trade dust jacket proof.

I've thought about doing that with one, but then I wanted to frame all the Stephen youll jackets, and that would get spendy. I've wrapped one around a book. I like it on my shelf with the other books. But I think as far as resell value goes you'd be better off frameing it or storing it rolled in a tube or some other protected method.

I've thought about doing that with one, but then I wanted to frame all the Stephen youll jackets, and that would get spendy. I've wrapped one around a book. I like it on my shelf with the other books. But I think as far as resell value goes you'd be better off frameing it or storing it rolled in a tube or some other protected method.

I wrapped mine around a book too. I bought it from Youll back when he had them for like under $100. I bought an extra UK hardcover of Feast to wrap it around. The DJ was designed back when Feast was going to be a larger book (before the split with Dance with Dragons) so the thicker UK hardcover fits it better.

Becca69, this friend of George's , I believe it might be John Miller, author of Wild Cards. Got my dust jacket today in its tube, where previously it had come from Albuquerque and from a John Miller. Didn't know if you knew that or not?

I'd like to know what their eBay account is. Don't suppose you've any ideas?

Also, is there anything close to a definitive answer as to how many DJ's there really are?

Archived